November 28, 2014 | 1875 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Coco

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 6:35:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Soft but strong. It's a very classy scent. Used to be my "go-to" scent years ago. It's like if Chanel No. 5 was feeling very sassy, confident and fun. ;)

CONS: Expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Veedebee

Oh my goodness, I was going to write this is like being wrapped in satin and fur, in front of the fire on a cold snowy day - seems like Ismellyummy also finds it wintery and comforting!
I adore this scent, the longer it is on my skin the warmer and more mellow it becomes, it really does make me feel sensationally gorgeous. I rarely wear this during the day, it is more an evening scent for me. It definately evokes feelings, memories and occasions, so much more than a fragrance it is classy, sophisticated, sensual, mature and warm yet it manages to stay away from any idea of old fashiondness or old ladyness.
If you are unsure then spray the tester on you and wear it for a full day without any other fragrance before deciding, and as the previous reviewer mentions you may find it too heavy for a hot summers day, so try it in the evening or in the winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Ismellyummy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in the summer. Well I thought it was so spicy and strangled me. I accidentally spritzed this on the coldest day and it was like heaven. It's a very warm and inviting scent has great silliage so be sparing with the spritzing. The best way to describe this is on a cold day it's like being wrapped in the most comfortable luxurious cashmere sweater. I will leave it to grace the dresser in the summer but will enjoy in it's delight in the winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2010 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Stinkerbello

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this scent on me, it changes over time from a baby powder pungent smell to a mellow soft floral. Too strong to spritz right on me so I spray it in the air and walk thru it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 3:16:00 AM More reviews by Nenalata

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Rich, heady and utterly gorgeous, just the way I like my Orientals. The downside is that it smells too mature for someone my age. Perhaps I'll be able to wear it successfully in around five years time.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2009 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Shahz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Chanel's best. I started using it in college but am still not bored with it like other perfumes. Tried a lot of new ones, but none have this unique, classic scent that is not to strong and "grandma like". Must have for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2009 8:56:00 PM More reviews by slimm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This fragrance is too sweet for me. It reminds me of an old lady. I received it as a gift and have forced myself to wear it, and then I ask why, when there are so many other winter frangrances that I'd rather wear?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2009 12:24:00 AM More reviews by LeAnne33

coco is #1. best fragrance ever. enough said =) Sometimes I even mix it up with a few spritzes of coco madamoiselle. The two are similar and both equally wonderful, and complement each other. Either alone or seperate, Chanel coco is the best of the very best!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2009 11:21:00 AM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review is for the EDP.

Coco's one of Chanel's best.

It's No. 5 all polished and refined. The aldehydes are much softer and the romance more subtle.

I recommend reading Michael Edwards on this fragrance, or this blogspot entry which incorporates Edwards in its summary: http://hauteparfum.blogspot.com/2007/06/chanel-coco.html

Very much worth your time to copy and paste into your browser window.

I agree with Mr. Charles that Coco and No. 5 are part of the same family. This younger sister learned from the older one, and she's smarter, and though more demure on the surface, she's much more complexity and depth if you pay attention. Mystery, warmth, and understated sexiness, never kissing and telling.

Much has been written on this fragrance, so I'm not going to better the experts. It's sufficient to note that this is one the one that Ms. Chanel allowed her name to be put on, and that speaks volumes.

A must have classic for a connoisseur of fragrance . . .

and sophisticated, timeless beauty.

ETA: I think it's absolutely hilarious that people actually vote "no" on a review that gives a link to a great fragrance writer and references a classic book on perfume. So you don't like Coco, I get it. The question isn't do you like the fragrance, but do you find the review helpful. No, no relevant information given here, none at all. :-)

Perfume, obviously a VERY personal thang.

43 out of 53 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by suzyqz1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not in love with it but I don't hate it either. Cocoa to me is just right on the verge of walking into Youth Dew land but something stops it just in time. For me, i really have to be in the mood and it needs to be really cold outside (like dead of winter cold) in order for me to really appreciate it. It's very much an oriental and it definately smells very sophisticated to me. It has very good lasting power though and I much prefer the dry down which isn't so in your face. I'll use it but i won't re-purchase