August 21, 2014 | 960 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Coco

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 3:16:00 AM More reviews by Nenalata

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Rich, heady and utterly gorgeous, just the way I like my Orientals. The downside is that it smells too mature for someone my age. Perhaps I'll be able to wear it successfully in around five years time.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2009 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Shahz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Chanel's best. I started using it in college but am still not bored with it like other perfumes. Tried a lot of new ones, but none have this unique, classic scent that is not to strong and "grandma like". Must have for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2009 8:56:00 PM More reviews by slimm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This fragrance is too sweet for me. It reminds me of an old lady. I received it as a gift and have forced myself to wear it, and then I ask why, when there are so many other winter frangrances that I'd rather wear?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2009 12:24:00 AM More reviews by LeAnne33

coco is #1. best fragrance ever. enough said =) Sometimes I even mix it up with a few spritzes of coco madamoiselle. The two are similar and both equally wonderful, and complement each other. Either alone or seperate, Chanel coco is the best of the very best!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2009 11:21:00 AM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review is for the EDP.

Coco's one of Chanel's best.

It's No. 5 all polished and refined. The aldehydes are much softer and the romance more subtle.

I recommend reading Michael Edwards on this fragrance, or this blogspot entry which incorporates Edwards in its summary: http://hauteparfum.blogspot.com/2007/06/chanel-coco.html

Very much worth your time to copy and paste into your browser window.

I agree with Mr. Charles that Coco and No. 5 are part of the same family. This younger sister learned from the older one, and she's smarter, and though more demure on the surface, she's much more complexity and depth if you pay attention. Mystery, warmth, and understated sexiness, never kissing and telling.

Much has been written on this fragrance, so I'm not going to better the experts. It's sufficient to note that this is one the one that Ms. Chanel allowed her name to be put on, and that speaks volumes.

A must have classic for a connoisseur of fragrance . . .

and sophisticated, timeless beauty.

ETA: I think it's absolutely hilarious that people actually vote "no" on a review that gives a link to a great fragrance writer and references a classic book on perfume. So you don't like Coco, I get it. The question isn't do you like the fragrance, but do you find the review helpful. No, no relevant information given here, none at all. :-)

Perfume, obviously a VERY personal thang.

42 out of 52 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by suzyqz1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not in love with it but I don't hate it either. Cocoa to me is just right on the verge of walking into Youth Dew land but something stops it just in time. For me, i really have to be in the mood and it needs to be really cold outside (like dead of winter cold) in order for me to really appreciate it. It's very much an oriental and it definately smells very sophisticated to me. It has very good lasting power though and I much prefer the dry down which isn't so in your face. I'll use it but i won't re-purchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 9:12:00 PM More reviews by s2casey

Coco has been my "winter" fragrance for years!

I wait till the first real cold day, and spray on the EDT. My style is very simple, usually jeans and a black or white shirt or sweater. Not trendy. Just tryin' to hang in there at 50!

I have had SO many compliments from complete strangers in the last few days! Men and women. The guys want to know me, and the ladies want to know what fragrance I'm wearing! ;)

This is my first post here. Looks like a very cool place!

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2009 4:58:00 PM More reviews by darkhoney

Coco is the godmother of all orientals. Captivating, warm, intoxicating, this scent is pure luxury.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by sari1212

I've been wearing Coco for about 4.5 years now, and it has consistently been the fragrance that makes me feel most glamorous and desirable. Whenever I get dressed up for an event, a spritz of Coco completes the outfit and lifts my spirits and gives me that "Rawr" feeling. This is the only perfume I've ever worn that has gotten consistent comments wherever I go, mostly from perfect strangers. It's a heavier fragrance, I like it best for evenings and for when the weather gets a bit cooler. But as with most Chanel fragrances, it can kind of become part of your ritual, and make you feel equally as glam in a t-shirt in jeans as it does dressed for a black tie event. I've never smelled this on anyone else, amazingly, and it seems like most people my age don't venture to it, but instead stick to Mademoiselle. Anyway, I love it. Timeless and elegant.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2009 6:01:00 AM More reviews by kizkad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

absolutely love this perfume it dries down to the most warm and comforting scent imaginable, its like autumn in a bottle, it is very pricey but my bottle will last a very long time as i only use HALF a squirt at a time which lasts me all day long and can be smelt from miles around. my favourite chanel fragrance