Burberry Brit

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

My husband bought me this fragrance, it smells pretty and professional. I think when I first received it, it was too mature of a scent for me. Now I appreciate it more, but it's still not very young or fresh to me. It smells sandalwood and rose scented combined, if that makes sense. I like it and smells much better once it's been on the skin. I have had the regular size for years so I don't know if or when I will ever buy again.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Brit is such a peculiar perfume. It reminds me of Alien by Thierry Mugler. They both have this hard-to-pick-out quality about them that reminds me of the dentist's office or a new car. I love Alien, however, but Brit reminds me of a car freshener that my grandfather used to use. The notes always seem oddly blended then bathed in sweetness. I can't categorize it in anything, but I guess it's closest to floral. It has a bitter quality to it that many wildflowers posess. Its notes are lime, icy pear, green almond, white peony, sugared almond, mahogany wood, amber, vanilla beans and tonka beans. I don't detect any of those. I just detect "grandpa's car freshener" Price is steep and packaging is bland, but still attractive. I don't recommend.

on 11/10/2011 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've wanted this perfume for so long but held off buying it until I had finished up some of my other perfumes. I absolutely adore this perfume, I bought the EDP & it has great staying power. The scent lasted all night & I caught a faint whiff of it when I woke up! Don't understand the comments about it lasting only a few hours! Those reviews must be talking about the EDT! I find this scent very comforting & very classy,love the bottle too!

on 11/10/2011 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I love this perfume, it's one of my favorites for fall and winter. It's vanilla-based and sweet, but not in a juvenile way. It has fruit notes in it, but you won't notice them unless you know they are there. According to Sephora, has notes of italian lime, icy pear, green almond, white peony, sugared almonds, amber, mahogany, vanilla, and tonka bean. I find this scent to be very comforting, warm, and pretty.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is honestly THE best vanilla based perfume I have ever smelled.
The EDT lasts all day on me!
I love it as a winter/cold weather fragrance, and the packaging is simply and chic.( I love the patterned bottle.)
What I like most about it, though is how it smells good from the first spray. I don't need to wait for it to settle like other perfumes before the good notes come out with the warmth of my skin. It smells amazing from the get-go. Will for sure be buying this again!
Potentially my first true H/G perfume for me =D

on 10/10/2011 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Oh, how I regret buying this perfume. It's not a bad fragrance. It's probably a good fragrance. At least I must have thought so when I bought it in August. I thought it would be great for cooler weather. Well, I wore Brit one day last week when it was rather cool outside. It was so darn sweet on me, it was actually sickening. I tried to like it but couldn't stand it. I will give it maybe one more try. If I still can't tolerate the sweetness, I'm sure I can find some deserving person who would probably love it.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really love this product because of the lasting power too!! It doesn't wear off throughout the day and really keeps it's lovely scent!! A lot of musls can really give me a headache too but not this!! It really is a musky feminine scent but has a "clean" scent to it as well which I feel counteracts the scent that usually gives me a headache! Does that make sense? I have many Burberry perfumes but this one is by far my favorite without a doubt! And I always get commend on it as well!!

on 10/3/2011 6:26:00 PM

OMG I love this fragrance!! I used up the first bottle rather quickly related to wearing it every day and have repurchased. I find it to be the perfect blend of musk, richness, and warmth for a feminine fragrance. I always get asked what I'm wearing and have recommended it.

on 9/2/2011 6:00:00 PM

LOVE! I think I've found my HG VANILLA-BASED PERFUME! EDP purchased...much sweeter than the EDT. Very sweet-smelling on me, not too musky as I had feared! Like a sexy, grown-up BBW Vanilla Bean Noel-- the citrus is bright at first (less jarring with the EDP that I got, vs the EDT that I did try, too), but to my untrained nose, I think it is what keeps the vanilla and other stuff from becoming too stomach-turningly-sweet like JC's Viva La Juicy.

** On a side-note, tried BBW's Halloween 2011 "Sinful Vanilla" lotion and if that has scared you with its extreme muskiness, please know that Burberry Brit EDP is nowhere near that!!

I have to admit, that to me, it does give me an "almost masculine" impression. Agyness Deyn comes to mind, haha, gorgeous and androgynous with her hairdo (even though she did spots for Burberry's Beat). But just wanted to share my history of perfumes (I should really post these for each brand) and you can easily see why I think this smells almost unisex/masculine....

My first perfume (as a teenager) was YSL's Babydoll...loved the fruity, flowery, and girly scent!

Stopped buying perfumes for a while.

Then, a few years ago (now I'm 29), I decided to look for my HG perfume. Something girly..preferably with vanilla thanks to those studies that you might've read, about vanilla being a big seduction factor (I want to smell good for my bf!)

I've tried mostly fruity/gourmand and vanilla-based scents-- JC's Viva La Juicy had a metallic tang to me, that made me feel sick especially if I was busy/running on an empty stomach (which often happens at work when I get busy and don't eat enough!). Good indicator as if I'm wearing a perfume while I'm in a vulnerable state (e.g., hungry/nauseous, or queasy in general in the tummy) and that perfume makes me want to hurl, then I will never use it!!

Loved Aquolina's Pink Sugar, but it seemed too fickle on me, smelling sweetly sometimes, or more of a burnt-caramel at other times.

More vanilla ones...of course, Lavanila's natural EDPs were great with my favorites being the coconut and the grapefruit ones but the former started smelling "off" to me with the coconut overpowering the vanilla, even when I stored it in a dark, [but I admit, sometimes warm] place. While the latter was sometimes too "tangy" or sharp, when I sniffed my wrist on an empty stomach.

Even tried JC's Couture Couture (not much vanilla, but I fell for the uber-girliness of the brand/bottle-- turns TOO POWDERY and the grape/plum disappears quickly for me).

Dear bf picked out two for me in the past, that he liked on me-- JC's original Juicy Couture (tooooo flowery, and I cant remember what the notes were supposed to be, but too much floral and white floral!!), and more recently, Katy Perry's Purr. I didn't get to pick out the vanilla very well on Purr (with again, my sorta neophyte nose) but to me, it smelled tropical! Coconut and peach! No extreme floral-girliness but a fruity one that I liked!

Still wanted a vanilla one, and I decided on Burberry Brit EDP. Perfect! Either I oversniffed and overloaded my senses so that I got too used to it on me, or maybe it doesn't really have much lasting power on my skin :P But the scent is worth it. Also bought a travel/refillable spray already to keep it in my purse! Forgot to mention that I did buy Brit Sheer in the past (pink bottle) and it seemed rather similar to YSL's Babydoll (grapefruit!), but I think it was too...citrusy/green for me? The lime in the Brit EDP is again, very subtle to me, at least, as it dries down, which I adore, and no vampy too-musky things-- I definitely get a sultry, tempered-not-overly-sickeningly-sweet vanilla!!!

******EDITED TO ADD REMARKS ABOUT NEW(?) ROLLERBALL AND A GREAT, CHEAP LOTION!*******

upon another MUAer's review, I tried Johnson & Johnson's Baby Lotion in the Vanilla Oatmeal (or Oatmeal Vanilla?) scent along with this EDP and both work beautifully! Although the J&J stuff does have a ton of parabens in it....Would like to try the Burberry Brit Lotion but I'll buy a giftset that includes the lotion and body wash when my current EDP bottle runs out!

Also, something disappointing-- the Burberry Brit Rollerball I got at Ulta was advertised on their site as the "Eau de Parfum" but when I received it, it was the EDT version! Aghh! I am almost certain that the one on Bloomingdale's site is also the EDT.....

on 8/30/2011 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love, love, love this! So warm and sensual, its my favorite fall-winter fragrance. I’d tested it for years and years and finally broke down and ordered a (discounted) bottle last year and wore it all through fall and winter (until I dropped the heavy glass bottle on my bathroom counter and it shattered...boo hoo. I’m ordering another bottle for this fall). I don’t get any lime or citrus from this, though there is a bit of ‘sharpness’ when first sprayed. But this almost immediately dissipates, and I’m left with a wonderful, warm, vanilla & amber scent (similar to VS ‘Amber Romance’, but better and somehow more ‘refined’). I have the EDT, and the staying power is excellent. I apply 4-5 sprays in the morning and I can still smell it at the end of the day. It will linger even longer on clothing. I find its appropriate for all occasions (as long as I apply sparingly for work I don’t find it overpowering). I always get compliments from my husband and others when I wear this. It’s a very ‘classic’ scent and has become one of my staples.

Popular Fragrances