April 20, 2014 | 1545 users online

Liquid - La Prairie - Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation SPF15

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2005 6:46:00 PM More reviews by gimme_chocolate

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have fairly normal skin but can get a little shiny in the T-zone in the warmer months. This foundation has so much "slip" that it seems to move all over my face even after I've set it with loose powder. I thought I was using too much product so I used as little as possible to still have the coverage I wanted. It still migrates out of my fine lines & wrinkles and ends up making me look older than I'll ever admit to being. (When I frown or smile, the product is kind of squeezed out of the smile/frown lines and they end up being more visible than they would be with a less slippery foundation.) The concealer that comes on top of the bottle of foundation has nice coverage but it's too wet for my needs and, again, moves around too much. I prefer Cle de Peau or Paula's Select Soft Cream Concealer. I'll just stick to my old fashioned Estee Lauder So Ingenious foundation. ~~~sigh~~~~~

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2005 12:23:00 AM More reviews by fortunatecookie

This is a nice foundation with good coverage for dry skin. It hydrates the skin and looks nice for fine lines. However, if you have oily skin, better to stay away from this foundation. I found I cannot use it in the summer months, but for winter it may be HG for some. Very expensive but worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2005 8:11:00 AM More reviews by lily530

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After much deliberation, I made the splurge...and it was well worth it! Creme Peche matches my skin PERFECTLY. I'm normally a full-coverage kind of girl so I was a bit worried about how little you need to apply and thought I might overdo it....but I was wrong....and that makes me happy. This will last me 6 months for sure. My skin appears as if I'm not wearing any foundation and yet I look ALIVE! Happy Happy Happy !!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2005 7:08:00 AM More reviews by Angel30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really don't know why I couldn't get this to work, but it just wasn't my fav. The coverage was excellent, but there was just something that looked wrong on me (maybe the color). I think for the price you pay, this would need to work miracles, but it was no different than some other foundations I've tried, except the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2005 2:59:00 AM More reviews by LAborn

This is a good product if you want serious coverage. It's definitely high quality but I just don't like how heavy it feels on my skin. I much prefer the lighter coverage of Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer. However if I'm ever on the market for a heavier foundation I would come back to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2005 10:14:00 AM More reviews by cowtownmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this foundation, It gives the most beautiful glow, however, a little goes a long way. It is easy to get heavy handed with this foundation, it is so moisturizing. I think I have found my HG foundation!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2005 6:33:00 PM More reviews by redjenny

I liked the coverage level of this foundation but that's about it. It covers red marks very well, but it's extremely "yellow" and if not blended promptly and well leaves a distinctly yellow residue on the face. Attractive! I noticed that it also sank into the fine lines around my mouth--I'm only 30 so the lines are not that bad but this foundation only accentuated them, and the foundation sort of "bunched" on my chin so that it was very visible. I also disliked the packaging--the top comes with a little wand attached and I had no idea what the wand was for--direct application? I use a sponge so it just sort of got in the way. For $150 I expected a lot more from this foundation. The Maybelline and L'Oreal foundations beat this one hands down, and they're only $7-$10 apiece. Don't waste your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2005 3:13:00 PM More reviews by FORMIDABLELADY

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Expensive - not really. You don't skimp on clothes/shoes and this really delivers. I found it a little hard to get used to the right amount to apply. But after a few goes I have it spot on. My skin is dewy and fresh like when i was 20. Its FLAWLESS and I don,t have good skin and have always previously had heavy duty foundations. Sometimes you only get what you pay for and this baby is worth every penny.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2005 5:02:00 PM More reviews by jennyb

This is not a bad foundation, but I'm so glad I got a sample first, because I'd be regretting an expensive full-size purchase. Coverage is good, but slightly cakey-looking. I tried it with several different underlayers, including La Prairie's own Rose Line Filler, but none really improved it. From a distance, it looks flawless and dewy, but close up it just looks a bit too much like make up, and what's more, it settles into my lines. On the plus side, a tiny amount goes a long way (the packet sample lasted for about 6 tries), so it's not necessarily as poor value as it looks.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2005 8:41:00 PM More reviews by ChristyW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I so did NOT want to love this foundation because of the price... I couldn't see myself forking out $150 for a bottle of foundation. But after trying a sample I am HOOKED. This is absolutely the best foundation out there. It glides on my skin and camouflages all my imperfections without being heavy (how does it do that?). And as other reviewers have noted, a little bit of this stuff goes a long way so a bottle will last forever. I have found my HG foundation at last!