July 23, 2014 | 2000 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 7:18:00 AM More reviews by legend86

In LOVE with this lipstick! I have finally found a lip product that doesn't transfer. I am a bit late hopping on the Ruby Woo bandwagon but so glad that I finally did it! Usually when I wear red lipsticks or stains they leave a horrible, messy red trail everywhere, but I can happily drink through a straw or eat a meal and not leave a red lip shaped signature behind. I personally didn't find this product to "dry-out" my lips but I do exfoliate and moisturise my lips so I guess that always helps! I only reapplied the lipstick once because I just finished a meal and I wanted the lip colour to pop a bit more but to be honest I could have left it as it was, but the colour is to die for so I just couldn't resist! I can see this lipstick lasting me a very long time! Also used it with Mac Cherry Lip Liner which I think is the perfect match! Love Love LOVE!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by feelalivefreeyourself

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this product, the color and the packaging, the $15 dollars spent on it was worth it. It's a beautiful color, and I always get complimented on it without fail. The only downside to this product is that it is the most drying thing I have ever put on my lips. Put on chapstick or a lip balm or something because if you don't, you will suffer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 5:19:00 AM More reviews by Anonzieh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ruby woo is a cult favorite lipstick and loved by many, this colour is the perfect bright red lipstick it helps my channel my inner marilyn monroe it is very very drying and i have to exfoliate and put balm on my lips before i can even attempt to put this on as i would highlight any bit of dry skin you have on your lips it having said that it is such a beautiful bright red it does takes a couple coats for this to be full opaque however it is truly a beautiful color and looks beautiful on every skin tone this is one lipstick i always have in my make up this is my staple red and looks beautiful on my nc45 skin i found it lasted up to 5 hours on my lips before i needed to reapply

for the people who are on the fence about this lipstick it is so worth the gamble!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

Ruby woo was my first ever choice of Mac lipstick. Then i started evaluating to Peachstock, Snob, Saint Germaint, and Pink Noveau. I had collected them all. The only shade i managed to use up 3 full tubes of within a matter of months was Snob. Other than that i gave the rest away as i started noticing Wet N Wild actually had figured out to master the Mac lip formula and lip shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 7:43:00 AM More reviews by moxious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was turned onto Ruby Woo after lamenting endlessly to a salesperson that I could never find the Perfect Red Lipstick. Too orange, too blue, too dull, too shiny - the list goes on forever! What the hell, I think, I'll give this one a try. Let me tell you, I should probably go back and marry that salesperson.

Now, I'm very pale with warm undertones, and the colour sits perfect with my complexion. I've pulled it off with fire engine red hair, black hair, blonde hair and purple hair, so I'm going to hazard a guess and say just about any hair colour could make it work. This is a real screen siren red, guaranteed to make people look and bring in a few compliments about your impeccable taste in lipstick. It also smells like dreams in a tube.

Take note, it is TRUE matte lipstick - there is not a hint of shine whatsoever, and as someone who hates sparkly, sticky mouth, that is more exciting than finding twenty bucks in a winter coat. It does go on very dry from the tube. I apply it with a lip brush instead, and I've never really had a problem with it drying my lips out - except in winter, when everything's dry. I just put a little bit of lip balm on, finish the rest of my make up, and pop on my Ruby Woo. Goes on like a dream, wouldn't come off in a hurricane.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Izzymakeupx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Such a gorgeous colour. My first ever MAC lipstick, so it'll always have a place in my heart :')

PROS:
Honestly and truly matte
Really flattering shade of red
Lasts through anything
Sleek MAC packaging, always a win
Smells like all the happiness in the world

CONS:
Extremely dry, wear a balm or you will suffer

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by CrZyGrrrL479

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Am I the only one that doesn't think this is a blue based red? To me it is has orange undertones. Gorgeous on lots of girls but not very flattering on me because it looks orangey red!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Wutthehector

This is my absolute favorite lipstick. It's great for the holidays with MAC Cherry Lip Liner and it's also great for summer with MAC Redd Lip Liner. Obsessed. It's TRULY MATTE, which I LOVE!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by asasirry

Finally a super matte lipstick that doesnt dry out my lips!
Ok it is a bit drying, but not as much as i would expect from such a matte one.
And even if it would dry me out completly I would suck it up because this colour is just totally worth it!!
sexysexysexy and stays on a while, just watch out for icecream. xx

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have finally found my perfect red! This is my 5th MAC lipstick. I have been wanting this color for ages now. This def beats all of my drugstore reds...it is SO vibrant and bright! This is honestly the perfect pin up red. I wore this on my birthday yesterday n I got soo many compliments!