Cover Girl Clean

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Kaolin, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Oat), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance, Quaternium 15, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone, Camphor, Menthol, Propylparaben, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Oil (Clove), Methylparaben, BHT, Iron Oxides, May Contain:, Ultramarines

on 1/19/2008 11:53:00 AM

I just bought this today in Ivory along with CG Smoothers fair-light tinted moisturizer and CG Clean oil-control mu in Ivory. I applied the moisturizer and then the liquid mu, and then I touched up with the powder.

It's great coverage for the price, it feels light and smooth and blends in real well, it doesn't look or feel cakey. I like it.

However, the first thing I noticed was the fragrance, it's a very strong pumpkin spice and baby powder type of scent. I actually like it, but it's a real boyfriend-repellent, so I'm gonna have to wash it off and take it back for the fragrance-free version I suppose.

on 1/12/2008 4:15:00 AM

I used to use this for setting and touching up. I know use MAC, but I still use this for those few stubborn spots that I need extra coverage. i will layer my foundation with some of this powder. I have found that if I use it all over I get orangey. ow, that may have been because of the foundation I was using, but I won't rick it. It is good for light use.

This powder's good for its price. Unless I've thoroughly moisturized my face, it looks chalky in the dryer places. I've also found that it needs to be reapplied after a bit. However, it provides a good, clean coverage as long as I've moisturized, and I love the smell.

on 12/24/2007 5:41:00 AM

I actually received this as a gift. I never actually used it until recently when I was kind of desperate for a powder that would take away the shine from my face, at the time I was using a mineral powder from PF but it wasnít controlling the shine at all. I patted the CG stuff ever so gently on my face, because I find with pressed powders, they're mainly produced to be patted on, cuz if u wipe it on or brush it on, it doesn't have the same effect. As I did this, it came onto my skin powdery and chalky and I tried blending it in, but it still looked like I had flour on my face. But because I was pretty deprived of a good powder at the time, I continued to use this one as a backup.

That was, until I noticed I was breaking out -.- not majorly, just under the skin little bumpsÖso it was some sort of skin reaction from the fragrance it had in it probs. This CG powder one had fragrance contained in it, but I didn't think it'd cause any problems, well yeh...I was wrong lol. Overall, I won't ever buy this stuff for myself cause I don't rlly trust this brand all too much. I guess it would be an okay powder for people with much less sensitive skin. Itís also terribly drying, made my face kind of tight and uncomfortable and it doesnít rlly control shine at all. But give it a go if ur skin isnít overly dry, oily or sensitive lol.

on 12/22/2007 11:37:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

EDIT: The mineral oil in this powder started breaking me out within a few days of using it. I stopped. Clear skin again. Started up again, break outs again. Threw it out. Now I know why id stop using it before. Smells great though, thats why I gave it 2 lippies.

on 12/20/2007 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I think at least once in their life everyone has owned one of these compacts!
Not top of the line... but works for me!
Creamy natural is a great color... and its cheap!
Non comedogenic... so it will not break you out...
I love finding bargains .. hehehe :)

on 12/16/2007 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

right now this is my go to powder. it is good but not great. set makeup decently, USUALLY does not become streaky. however it only handles shine for about 4 hours and i dont not have oil skin. sometimes when touching up during the day, it can end up looking uneven and cakey. its does the job for the most part, im sure there are way better things out there tho.

on 11/28/2007 6:13:00 PM

As per recomendation of a friend, I went out and bought this powder and Revlon's Colorstay foundation.

So far, I like the foundation, but I hate this stuff.

I've tried applying the powder with a powder puff, a make-up sponge, and a loose-powder brush and no matter what I did it looked chalky and accented any dry patches I had.

Plus, it made my skin feel tight and tingly in some areas. No only will I not repurchase, but I'm returning it tonight.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I am a makeup snob...I buy all high end makeup except for this powder and Maybelline mascara.

This is the only powder I use these colors ivory #205 & classic ivory #210, fragrance free (green compact).

It sets and holds concealer and foundation beautifully, never cakes and quickly dimishes shine.

I don't love the puffs that come with it (but don't like them in general from any line), so I buy the round compact foundation sponges that CVS sells to replace them.

11/19/09 As much as I like this product I will not buy it as Cover Girl still tests on animals.

on 11/13/2007 1:20:00 AM

This is the only drugstore powder that I have found that looks so natural and is good to your skin. I have tried ALL of Cover Girl's pressed powders (yes, ALL of them!), and I like this one the best! It's so cheap, but looks so great! I re-apply it often throughout the day, and it never builds up or looks caked on. It is the only low-end powder I will use!