April 16, 2014 | 1916 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Clean

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2007 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Pollars

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this product and have been using it for 25 years. I buy it in creamy natural which is a perfect shade for my fair skin. I've tried the Ivory before and it makes me look white as a ghost. The creamy natural is more of a true skin color shade. I know some girls don't like the smell of it, but that is one of the things I love. I also use Noxzema to cleanse my face. This is just a great powder that is very inexpensive. I will continue to buy this as long as they make it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2007 1:37:00 PM More reviews by supergirlieque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

my HG of pressed powders, for sure. and i'm an expensive makeup junkie! you just can't beat this simple product. i have been using the fragrance-free in the green compact for the past few years, but used the regualr one in the brown compact long before that. when i started breaking out in middle school, this was what my mom bought me as one of my first make-up products. it goes on flawlessly (you need to gently blow on the puffpad though, it does pick up a little too much and if you don't blow you'll look powdery!) and covers very well. when my skin is clear i don't even need to use foundation, just a swipe of this and i'm matte and covered all day.
the compact snaps firmly shut and the mirror is big. (i use it to touch up my eyemakeup in the afternoons. i don't need to carry around a seperate mirror when i have this in my bag!)
it lasts quite a while too!
love this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2007 8:06:00 PM More reviews by jenzbugrulz

Just bought this product a few weeks ago and so far I really like it! It is very inexpensive and cuts shine down well. I use it on top of Clean foundation and it works awesome! I have to go easy on the application though or it can look to powdery BUT I think all powders can do that.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2007 8:34:00 AM More reviews by MulanDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Superb powder - light to mod coverage, sets foundation nicely, matte & natural finish. Only prob is the average oil control, but it is not bad. Love the sleek, thin package. Recommended! I keep going back to this powder, hard to find one that is as good as this!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2007 3:24:00 PM More reviews by hellohi1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried many powders for my oily, acne-prone face. I found this at the drug store on sale for only $5.99 so I thought I'd give it a try (because I didn't want to spend $15 on anything else). I got Classic Ivory, and it seemed a bit light when I brought it home, but if I get anything darker it starts to look orange (and it's better to get a lighter shade than a darker one). I tried it on and it's the perfect colour for my face. It covers very nicely and it's not cakey and it doesn't feel like you're wearing a mask. It makes my face matte, but not so much that I look fake. It looks flawlessly natural. I don't even have to wear my liquid foundation anymore, which I was trying to get rid of for the upcoming summer.

The packaging is a nice dark brown sturdy plastic, and it's not bulky at all. The only complaint that I have is the smell. It gives off a strong smell of Noczema (which is what it is made with). It's not such a bad thing, and it doesn't irritate my skin, but it's really your preference of what kind of fragrance you like. Luckily the smell fades within roughly a half hour, or you have a choice of buying the fragrance-free variety. I will definitely be buying again, I think I've finally found something that works for my skin, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2007 1:41:00 AM More reviews by just4makeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this in Natural Ivory to wear in warm weather, and it did okay for covering the trouble spots. After a couple of minutes though(when it had settled on my skin), it looked chalky and felt like it was clogging my pores. :( Ok powder, and I'll probably keep it in my purse for little touch-ups, but I would not use it for entire coverage. Also has a very chalky scent (but that could be a characteristic of many pressed powders, I have not used enough for comparison!)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2007 7:28:00 PM More reviews by moonandtheriver

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ive used this for a couple years. I use the fragrance free variety. It smooths out the skin and gives a nice fresh look to my makeup directly after applying my foundation. It does ok with keeping shine at bay, but wish it was better. I usually get breakthrough shine a couple hours later. Im never quite sure if it clogs the pores on my nose or not. I will continue to use this until I find a better powder for oily faces. For the price, its not a bad powder- very middle of the road.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2007 7:51:00 PM More reviews by blushingpale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the fragrance-free powder in the green compact. This is a decent inexpensive powder I keep in my purse for touch-ups. I dislike the cheap-looking compact though--although I admit green is fashionable just now. The velour puff that comes with it works well --you just need to tap or blow off the excess before applying as it tends to pick up too much--especially the first few uses. I don't find this powder cakey at all, and I also think it's quite finely milled. Really it's all you need so why pay $20 and up for a compact you might drop or lose anyway?

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2007 9:54:00 PM More reviews by grrrlpower

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is my favorite pressed powder. i have very oily skin and it gets shiny very easily. i have used many different brands and always prefer this one. keeps me shine free for HOURS.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2007 10:40:00 AM More reviews by ben228

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

MUCH better than the Clean foundation. MUCH better.