Aveeno Creamy Moisturizing Oil

4.3

Water, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Sesame), Di PPG 3 Myristyl Ether Adipate, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Avena Sativa Kernel Oil (Oat), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond), Avena Sativa Kernel Flour (Oat), Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Lauroyl Lysine, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Fragrance

on 11/30/2005 2:23:00 AM

I tried this out of desperation... and because I love almondy smells. I was a bit disappointed that the almond turned fruity, but I love how this makes my skin feel. Oddly enough, the biggest change has been in my cuticles. After months of ragged, bleeding cuticles within days they're getting smoother and healthier. I've tried expensive oils and creams just for cuticles, but this did the trick. I really purchased it for my dry arms and legs (and it works well) but what is surprising is that it does seem to sink into my hands... no mean feat, since my skin seems resistant to most lotions. (They tend to just 'sit' on the surface). This one takes a while to sink in, but when it does it's so nice. It has an oil feel, but not the oil messiness. Please, Aveeno, don't discontinue this one!

on 11/15/2005 4:51:00 PM

This is an extremely light moisturizing oil that is perfect for spring/summertime weather. It's not the most practical for a true canadian winter, but it's a really good alternative for warmer months. Nevermind that the scent is uber yum!

I might just be in love with the smell. I disagree with that it smells like almonds. It seems to have a hint of Philosophy Cinnamon Buns in there rather than sweet almond. Maybe it's just mine. This is truly the best alternative to messy, nasty, oily oil. This does not resemble oil at all, but it IS. That's the beauty of it. I keep this in my shower, and post-towel drying use it as a body moisturizer. It makes me smell good, it makes me feel good. It's extremely spreadable without being too thin and runny, but it is also far from a thick lotion that I sometimes just do not want on my skin. Non-greasy and fantastic.

on 10/27/2005 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great light moisturizer. Most drugstore lotions leave a gross film on my skin, but this stuff sinks right in. It has a pleasant, light almondy smell that doesn't compete with other fragrances you may be wearing. It leaves my skin soft and smooth. I like the pump dispenser, and I would buy this again.

on 9/4/2005 8:47:00 PM

I'm on my second bottle of this and use it when my skin needs a really light moisturizer. I love the scent and smooth application. I also like the pump dispenser. It isn't really moisturizing but holds its own as a light lotion for sensitive skin.

on 8/16/2005 11:32:00 AM

i think this is the most effective light moisturizer i've ever used. the texture is perfect for skin that doesn't absorb well. for me, most lotions end up forming a film over my skin; this stuff sinks right in. i also find it to be great on my face (i know, putting something with 'oil' in the title all over your face sounds scary- but its so light it works really well). very multi-purpose, and is something i'd buy again.

on 7/18/2005 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love the smell of this lotion, and the fact that it does not irritate my skin at all, but it is not terribly moisturizing. It is a good hand lotion for me since I re apply after I wash my hands and don't want my lotion to be too sticky or greasy, but it doesn't moisturize my legs and arms terribly well, and I have dry dkin and live in a dry climate. Overall, though, it is a good hand lotion and smells great, so I will probably repurchase.

on 5/28/2005 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a staple as well as other aveeno prod. I can't say enough about the hydration this gives!!
My favorite practical line lotion.

on 5/19/2005 3:36:00 PM

For hot southern CA summer, I really like this light moisturizer. I think it does a good job of hydrating the skin well without making me overheat once I get out into the sun. It absorbs fast, making it ideal if you are always in a hurry to get out the door in the morning. I love the almond smell, it is delicate and pleasing; it's not too invasive in case you want to wear another fragrance with it.

on 5/15/2005 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Great price for something that smells like a heavenly vanilla cup cake and it instantly softens skin...a keeper!
EDIT: The smell is getting on my nerves and interfering with my 'cool' perfumes, will switch to a different lotion with a mild disappearing scent.