Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain

3.8

on 7/20/2006 10:53:00 PM

Men absolutely love this perfume! I have never gotten more compliments, even from strangers. On me the magnolia is predominant, with a bit of orange blossom honey and just a touch of amber and vanilla. It is not overtly sweet on me, more of a warmth from the amber. It smells very sexy and very southern belle but in a classy way. My husband says it reminds him of his childhood and the magnolia tree in his yard. Lasts forever, like all Guerlain perfumes. Very high quality. I have the EDP.

on 7/20/2006 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

L'Instant's MAGNOLIA-AMBER-HONEY is magnificent.
The honey-amber predominates on me, with a hint of vanilla.
L'Instant is a warm scent that works surprisingly well even in the heat
of summer, in an earthy, sweat-it-out kind of way.

on 7/11/2006 10:07:00 AM

Cosy and bright at the same time. It reminds me of honeyblond women with blue eyes that are a little dreamy and romantic. Suncatching and at the same time sticky like acacia-honey, though that is not an ingredient.
Most people I let sniff on my arm liked it very much and I have been complimented while wearing it. But it is too blond for me to repurchase. It is so soft that it is even too feminine for me - although I usually like soft, feminine ones. There are no mysterious depths and no dark parts at all. The purple that is to be seen in Packaging and advertisement does not appear in the scent.
Not for me but unique and worth a try if you search for light and warmth at the same time.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I don't love this one but I do like it a lot. I bought this on my honeymoon 3 years ago Duty Free and still have half a bottle left. It is really quite strong and has a baby powder smell to it. It lasts on your clothes ALL DAY, infact you cannot seem to get rid of it, nevertheless give it a go, I do like it - it just isn't my fav ...

on 6/25/2006 2:30:00 AM

Very feminine, luxurious scent with fresh powdery notes. Long lasting but not overpowering; for me a little goes a long way. I never fail to receive compliments from both men and women when I wear this .. DH loves it so that's also a plus for me. As with all fragrances, it all depends on individual body chemistry and how much one applies. Worth testing to see if its a match for you.

on 6/14/2006 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I get compliments on this whenever I wear it. It is so feminine and lasts all day. I can spray it in the morning, and still catch whiffs in the evening. I love it.

on 5/26/2006 5:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Ah, L'Instant, you must be adopted because you have none of the flair of your grandmothers. Maybe you'll become more individual when you grow up. For now you're a perfectly pretty, probably well-manicured (and fake-tanned, but only subtly) young lady with a good job (in PR), a sporty boyfriend (who likes shopping) and a car that smells brand new. You have lots of shoes - especially ones with heels that make your long lithe legs look great. I like you. You’re very different from me (even though we’re the same age) but we get on just fine. You know I like more oddball things than you do (like I’d never buy a Christian Dior bag – you really don’t understand that – and it slightly irks you when I wear scruffy clothes) but most of the time we can natter away about lads, fashion, tittle-tattle at (your) work You’re a fine friend to have around because of your congenial good looks and everyone likes you. You always offer to lend me your lipgloss when we go to the toilet together.

on 5/21/2006 1:28:00 PM

I sprayed a sample of this to try out. As I was contemplating washing this off due to the honey note and general 'blah' impression that I got, my husband came home. Out of the blue, he exclaimed that my new perfume smells fantastic. So this is distinct, I guess. When I told him it was only a sample, he said that I must purchase a bottle immediately. Oddly, my husband does not like sweet scents, so I have no idea why L'Instant struck him. I have tons of perfume and am not in need of a new fragrance. But I am going to try it out on another day and see if Dh is as wild about it as he was today. The only thing I can't understand is if he likes L'Instant so much, how come he condemned my Musc Ravageur?

This will be my next fragrance purchase. This stuff is a gorgeous soft floral-oriental which smells distinctly like honey on the drydown. I find this scent comforting, but still sexy and feminine. A huge winner in my book.

Think enough's been raved (and not) about the type of scent from this star buy from Guerlain...what I want to say is that it causes yellowing on my white knits/tees etc....I love to spray fragrances on my shoulders because they last longer, but the L'Instant EDP reacts with my white tops and stains them! Not good, especially in comparison with my L'Occitane Four Roses. Lasting power is great, and I will always love this fragrance, but I don't see the point in buying something I can't use under all conditions.

Popular Fragrances