April 19, 2014 | 1849 users online

Skincare - Face - Clinique - Acne Solutions Line (all products)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by danishfilipina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this! I've only been using the kit for three days, morning & night-time and I've already seen improvements. I've tried basically everything out there and my blemishes/acne would never go away but this most certainly works! :) I hope I'm not speaking too soon... but I'm pretty sure it's the best thing ever!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by doORdye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow. I have to say, for me, this stuff works! I've only been using it for one week, but in that one week it has definately helped clear my skin! I was hesitant to buy this because I really have tried just about everything out there. I tend to get big breakouts along my chin/jawline, and sometimes between my eyebrows. I have used Proactiv and it did work for me, for a while anyway. It seemed like after a while my skin stopped responding to Proactiv, so I was trying other things (just about everything from the drugstore, Murad, DDF, a cream my doctor had me try..).

Anyway, on to Acne Solutions. I picked this up along with the Acne Solutions Liquid Foundation (which I am also liking a lot). Started using the system day and night as directed. I also have been using Clean & Clear sensitive skin cleanser to remove my makeup prior to using Acne Solutions. For two days I used just the 3 steps and right away it sucked the life out of my skin. My skin became SO DRY and tight. I got extremely dry and red/irritated patches under my jaw/neck. I'm not used to having dry skin, I usually have Oily-combination skin. I was thinking, oh no, this is not going to work. my skin was so dry and uncomfortable and makeup was looking horrible over it, dry, chalky, cakey. yuck.

So when I bought the system I also recieved a GWP which included a small size Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. So I decided I should try this lotion along with the 3 steps to combat the dryness. I was worried that this lotion might counter everything and make me break out even more, since it has mineral oil in it, and is not formulated for acne prone skin. But I have had NO problems with this moisturizer! For the last 5 days I have been using the lotion along with the system and daily my skin is looking better! my pimples are clearing up FAST, the lotion is keeping my skin comfortable, and my makeup looks much better when applied over the DDML. I think i'm going to have to purchase a full size lotion! I'm really surprised how much I like it.

I marked that I will purchase this again, but I've been thinking that once I am done with the system i may want to try the regular 3 Step System instead of the Acne one. I'm thinking that maybe once my skin is in balance and cleared up, maybe I will be able to use something a bit less harsh and drying. But we shall see! I'll come back to update in a few weeks. I know this is a bit early to give such a positive review, but I really am amazed what it has done in just 1 weeks time!

It is on the expensive side ($48 at Macy's), but I really feel like it is worth it! Give it a try, if it doesn't work for you, they offer a money back guarantee!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2010 9:52:00 PM More reviews by jamichristine298

I absolutely love clinique. I also love this Line of Acne solutions. It works great for me, i see that people are saying it made their acne worse. That is probably because they either washed their face too much, or using the products too often. I personally don't use the soap from the acne solutions line i use Cetaphil and Noxema they are great face washes. By using them my face doesn't get dry. So overall this is great!

PROS:
Clears up my skin
Doesn't smell too bad
Helps with oily skin
good to put under make up (the lotion)

CONS:
does get your skin a little dry, but you just have to be smart about what you are putting on your face.
Kind of expensive
(and can't really think of any other cons! ha )

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by jessical5183

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've been using this for about 3 weeks now, and it's been the best full treatment line that I've found. Prior to this, nothing that claimed to be a solution for acne had actually ever helped me.

I cannot attest to it's effectiveness with severe acne. I finally stumbled upon this product once I was in the final stages of clearing up my breakouts (which I've been battling for over 10 years now). Nothing had worked for me - I tried tons of treatments at the dermatologist - RetinA, Tazorac, antibiotics, etc - and OTC treatments. Nothing was working. I finally found a great mix through trial and error by using Mario Badescu products (see my other posts for details).

Now that my acne has finally been reduced to one or two small pimples and a few blackheads, I feel I've gotten it under control. But I wanted to see if this Clinique line could give me that final push.... kinda like trying to lose the last 5 stubborn pounds. Haha.

So far, so good. I don't like that the toner has alcohol in it, but it doesn't seem to dry my skin out or irritate it. But I have oily skin, so maybe I'm just lucky.

I did research the Clinique Acne line on MakeupAlley (thank god for this site) before deciding to purchase, and I noticed that some people recommended a couple of extra products in conjunction with the routine. I heeded their advice and chose to also purchase the Clinique 7 Day Scrub, which is AWESOME. I honestly think that if I weren't using it, the other 3 products wouldn't do much for me. But together, they are turning out to be very effective.

Here's my current routine, which is not only clearing up the very last of my acne (I never thought I'd be able to say that), but also making my skin smooth and glowy.

I use Mario Badescu's Enzyme Cleansing Gel to remove my makeup, then I use the Clinique 7 Day Scrub, then the Acne Cleanser, and when I get out of the shower, I apply a thin layer of Clearasil's Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream (10% benzoyl peroxide) all over my breakout areas, and then finally I apply Clinique's Acne Moisturizer.

Sounds complicated, but this routine is doing wonders for my skin. These products used together may dry some people out, but I have oily skin anyway so it sort of balances me out. Also, it takes a good while for the skin to adjust to a new product, so I knew to be forgiving for the first week or so as my skin got used to the new products.

At night, I don't use the Acne Moisturizer. I bought the SuperDefense Moisturizer from Clinique but it's got SPF in it, which I think might be breaking me out a bit, so I've switched back to using my Mario Badescu AHA Ceramide Moisturizer in the meantime.

Overall, great product line!

UPDATE::: I'm taking back everything I said. It's been quite a while since I originally posted this review and I have since learned how crappy the Clinique Acne line actually is in comparison to many other, less harsh products out there. I liken this line to Proactive, both of which have lower-quality, junk ingredients that are way too harsh for one's skin. Yes, I realize these products work for a lot of people, but I feel we could all do better. This stuff eventually dried my skin out and left it looking very very dull and lifeless, which might've been a blessing in disguise because it led me to do more research and start using better ingredients to even out the tone of my skin, get back my radiance, and get my skin glowing again. I would not recommend this for people, just because I feel like there are much better options out there - this line is a "package deal", very gimicky, and I wouldn't buy it again. That goes both for the 3-step treatment and the other products I mentioned above, including the scrub and the moisturizer. All yuck.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by ilovemakeupwithapassion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been suffering from acne for a while now..so i tried out the Clinique Acne Solutions 3 step skincare system. It made my face look terrible. it dried out so much, and made me have even more breakouts. i used it for about a week, but i just had to go back to my regular skin routine. I will never make the mistake of buying this again..especially since it was 32$. maybe its just me, but i got itchy dots around my chin, they weren't acne for sure, it might have been an allergic reaction. my skin is still recovering...so i recomend that you do not get it.

but, i do like there make up line, you guys should check out there eye shadows(;

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2010 1:19:00 PM More reviews by laydeexsav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is a good regimen for those who are battling with acne. Like most acne solutions, you really have to be committed to using the product before seeing results, and sometimes that means it could take up to 8 weeks. My sister had severe acne, and she was so depressed because NOTHING worked for her (and trust me, she has used every single product known to clear acne, from high end brands, to drug store brands, to prescription medications) and none worked for her until she tried Clinique's Acne Solutions. Within weeks, I swear her face got sooo much better, and a year later, her face is clear! Clearer than mine!

Seeing promising results from my sister, I decided to give it a try. I have been using Clinique's Acne Solutions Line for a year now, and I have seen a huge difference on how clear my skin has gotten. I wouldn't necessarily recommend buying the whole acne 3 step skin care, because I find that the Acne Solutions Cleansing Bar cleanses my face way better than the Acne Cleansing Foam. The only thing I don't use from this acne line is the Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturizer because it did more harm to my skin than good. I do use a prescription topical medication as a replacement and Clinique's Moisturizing Gel for Oily Skin. I find that this regimen works best for me.

Every single person's skin will react differently, that's why I recommend you trying this line out for yourself and stick with it. Hopefully, it'll work well for you as it has for me and my sister. Let me warn you, your face may get worse before it gets better so you'll need alot of self confidence and tell yourself you can get through this ugly stage. It'll also take alot of patience and commitment before seeing results. I hope I helped a few readers with this review, because believe me, I know how much it sucks to deal with acne. Give this acne solutions line a try, and see what works for you and what doesn't. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by andrea34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this for my daughter, she is a teen and had a big problem with acne. She had tried Proactive, and several other products, none worked. Her skin is sensitive, and the acne free works so well for her. It is really amazing how her skin looks now after 2 months of use, her skin is smooth and soft and alot less oily. Her acne is so much better, she just has like 1-2 pimples(before her face was covered in acne) Her face is also not red or inflammed anymore..this stuff is great! I started using it myself (I have oily skin, large pores, and prone to mild breakouts) and I love it as well, I think it is gentler then Proactive, which I was using before. My face feels softer and is less oily. I will definetly buy this again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 3:16:00 AM More reviews by jenkins1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great skin care set for more acne prone skin, I recommend it to anyone who has persistent breakout meaning 3 or more blemishes at all times. It targets acne from every angle by cleansing skin of dirt and oil and then with the clarifying lotion has the oil absorbing powders as well as salicylic acid which sweeps away dead skin cells that lead to clogging of the pores and then the moisturizer has benzoyl peroxide which clears up present acne as well as prevents future break-out! Within two days I noticed the texture of my skin was so much better!! Acne solutions 3-step has four active ingredient in the system your skin cannot build up a tolerance to it, most over the counter acne skin care sets only use one active ingredient manly being benzoyl peroxide your skin builds up a tolerance to it and it becomes less effective over time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 9:19:00 PM More reviews by amyang

For me, this product is the only thing that has really worked for me. After using it, my face had clear up from acne really well. I used to get large pimples that were sore and hurtful. And i even noticed that when i dont use it, i start to break out again so i absolutely need this product. It prevents new pimples and i break out less often. I also love that every step has a high % of acne fighting ingrediant compared to some acne kits or drug store acne washes. Its the only thing i feel is strong enough to actually do the job of getting rid of my acne.

Con: there are complaints that its drying and too harsh. It is drying for me in certain areas but its not so bad, i think because i have oily/combination skin. I sometimes skip the moisturizer (which contains binzoyle peroxide) because i think its what makes my face dry sometimes. And i feel as though the kit doesnt do anything for acne scars like fading it. So i need to use something else for that problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by xogabr13lla

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am a Clinique junkie and love all their products. I have used their skincare since I was 12. After awhile, the regular 3-step skincare wasn't cutting it and my skin was starting to stay oily. Therefore, I started using the Acne Solutions kit.

First, I love it. My skin has never looked better. I am never oily. Never breakout. Nothing. The only issue is that the products do dry your face out and you have to combine the lotion with the moisturizing GEL in order for your skin to stay moisturized. This will get rid of ALL of the flakiness or dryness. If your skin is still dry, just use the moisturizing gel for a few days and you'll be good to go.

Overall, I love this product. Great find. The only skincare line I will use. Definitely a good buy for oily/acne-prone/oily-combo skin. If you have dry skin, get a new moisturizer for sure.