January 30, 2015 | 1770 users online

Skincare - Face - Clinique - Acne Solutions Line (all products)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by starsdotu

This product is neutral for me. It didn't help with my acne or made it worse. It is very gentle, does not cause any irritation or redness to my skin. The clearing moisturizer controls oil very well, it leaves my face very matte. But that's it. It didn't clear my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2011 11:07:00 AM More reviews by MakeUpAddict819

I think I'm one of the only people that this works for, because it is totally clearing me up!
A little background- I'm asian, with normal/combo skin, and has mild acne. It's only on my forehead, with some blackheads on my nose. Never anywhere else.

At first I thought this would be too harsh, and had replaced the cleanser with the olay foaming cleanser. WELL, turns out that doesn't work, and you have to use the whole thing. When I used the clinique cleanser, I was totally cleared up!

I don't think this line is for people with severe acne, which is weird because it's so drying. I have not had any redness/stinging coming for the products, so I guess I'm very lucky LOL.

I've only been using this about a month and a half, so I really hope I'm not speaking too early, but this just might be what finally will clear me up. I'm probably being totally dramatic, since I'm still in High School and has only had acne for about 3 years, but I count myself lucky for finding something that works after not TOO long.

I would recommend this, but use another moisturizer. The clinique is more of a spot treatment, so layer something else over it. Other than that, it's perfect!

EDIT; I spoke too soon, but this product has stopped working completely for my skin. in fact, it's drying my face out SO much, it hurts. don't try if you have dry skin. luckily i already found something else that works for me :D

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by chrissygalpal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not for people with acne. I tried this line years ago and it did nothing for me. I am one of those women that really give products a chance to work, I used it for a whole month. I saw no improvement in my skin. I even felt that it made my skin oiler. I don't understand that one.
Their are cheaper products at a drugstore that work a whole lot better. I would not even waste your time and money on this line.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Ashley123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This broke me out!!! At first i thought my skin was getting clearer... but this left really dark marks on my face that i am still trying to lighten. I would NOT buy this again

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by lilliclare

Okay so I was really excited to use the system because I wanted to get rid of my acne once and for all! The first time I used it, I was absolutely amazed. I went to bed with my face feeling the most clean and fresh it has ever been. But when I woke up, my entire chin and around my mouth area was completely dried out! It was awful! That is one of the biggest cons of this; how dry it makes your face. Besides the dryness, it totally cleared up my skin! I just need to invest in a good moisturizer to put on my chin, but I'd definitely buy this product again!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Allmacedup10

This whole system was horrible. I was so excited to start using these products because I generally love Clinqiue but I was horribly disappointed. My acne got worse after 3 weeks of use to the point that it hurt and was so ugly that I didnt even want to go out of the house. I went to the dermatologist today and she prescriped a mixture of pills and topical treatments, thats how bad it is now.
Cleanser: Didn't find that it cleared my skin and I didn't feel so clean after using it either.
Toner: Stung SOOO badly an dmade my skin red which wouldnt tone down for hours, even with makeup over it. Was so annoying to unscrew the cap and it would often spill.
moisturiser: cant be called so-dried my skin out like there's no tomorrow and at the same time didnt get rid of pimples.
Emergency spot healing gel: stung when applied and didnt reduce pimple size at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by JC2004237

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to buy this line after the great reviews on here and on youtube. Personally I don't see what the hype is. Although it did decrease the amount of blemishes and redness, the blemishes I did still get were bigger than normal, and I also experienced cystic acne (which hurt so much).This 3-step is also dries out your skin, and i found that i had to use an additional moisturiser quite regularily. the benefits of clearer skin are definitely not worth the pain!

I also noticed that if i skipped a few days of using the 3-step my skin started to go back to how it normally was. Clinique is not a cure for acne, its just a temporary fix.

In australia, its also quite expensive with the 3 step package costing about $120 dollars, and if you use the products twice a day everyday, as recommended it will only last you about 6 weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by danishfilipina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this! I've only been using the kit for three days, morning & night-time and I've already seen improvements. I've tried basically everything out there and my blemishes/acne would never go away but this most certainly works! :) I hope I'm not speaking too soon... but I'm pretty sure it's the best thing ever!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by doORdye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow. I have to say, for me, this stuff works! I've only been using it for one week, but in that one week it has definately helped clear my skin! I was hesitant to buy this because I really have tried just about everything out there. I tend to get big breakouts along my chin/jawline, and sometimes between my eyebrows. I have used Proactiv and it did work for me, for a while anyway. It seemed like after a while my skin stopped responding to Proactiv, so I was trying other things (just about everything from the drugstore, Murad, DDF, a cream my doctor had me try..).

Anyway, on to Acne Solutions. I picked this up along with the Acne Solutions Liquid Foundation (which I am also liking a lot). Started using the system day and night as directed. I also have been using Clean & Clear sensitive skin cleanser to remove my makeup prior to using Acne Solutions. For two days I used just the 3 steps and right away it sucked the life out of my skin. My skin became SO DRY and tight. I got extremely dry and red/irritated patches under my jaw/neck. I'm not used to having dry skin, I usually have Oily-combination skin. I was thinking, oh no, this is not going to work. my skin was so dry and uncomfortable and makeup was looking horrible over it, dry, chalky, cakey. yuck.

So when I bought the system I also recieved a GWP which included a small size Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. So I decided I should try this lotion along with the 3 steps to combat the dryness. I was worried that this lotion might counter everything and make me break out even more, since it has mineral oil in it, and is not formulated for acne prone skin. But I have had NO problems with this moisturizer! For the last 5 days I have been using the lotion along with the system and daily my skin is looking better! my pimples are clearing up FAST, the lotion is keeping my skin comfortable, and my makeup looks much better when applied over the DDML. I think i'm going to have to purchase a full size lotion! I'm really surprised how much I like it.

I marked that I will purchase this again, but I've been thinking that once I am done with the system i may want to try the regular 3 Step System instead of the Acne one. I'm thinking that maybe once my skin is in balance and cleared up, maybe I will be able to use something a bit less harsh and drying. But we shall see! I'll come back to update in a few weeks. I know this is a bit early to give such a positive review, but I really am amazed what it has done in just 1 weeks time!

It is on the expensive side ($48 at Macy's), but I really feel like it is worth it! Give it a try, if it doesn't work for you, they offer a money back guarantee!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2010 9:52:00 PM More reviews by jamichristine298

I absolutely love clinique. I also love this Line of Acne solutions. It works great for me, i see that people are saying it made their acne worse. That is probably because they either washed their face too much, or using the products too often. I personally don't use the soap from the acne solutions line i use Cetaphil and Noxema they are great face washes. By using them my face doesn't get dry. So overall this is great!

PROS:
Clears up my skin
Doesn't smell too bad
Helps with oily skin
good to put under make up (the lotion)

CONS:
does get your skin a little dry, but you just have to be smart about what you are putting on your face.
Kind of expensive
(and can't really think of any other cons! ha )