October 30, 2014 | 1777 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Midnight Cowboy Rides Again

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by sarb3ar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Whenever I want a glittery look, I put this over whatever shadows i have applied. It really doesn't change the color of the already applied shadow, it just adds a lot of glitter! Although, it does tend to get everywhere! Its still a gorgeous color and I could not live with it out! I use it almost everyday! Great shadow if you want a glitter to apply on your eyes with any shadow or at anytime.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2009 4:28:00 PM More reviews by cherryjane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Pretty color, but the glitter gets EVERYWHERE! You better want a glittery look when you bust this out, because it's getting all over the place! I stayed in my brush and got me the next day. It's underneath my eyes and all around them. It's a fun shade, just not necessarily what I need for work. I don't know if I'd repurchase this or just go for the regular Midnight Cowboy.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Tinkerchelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this. The shade is so great and I am a sucker for sparkles. It is a little messy, hence the lippie taken off. I have found that if i apply it wet there is less glitter fallout. also, I brush away the excess glitter with a clean brush and powder lightly under the eyes to finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2009 7:10:00 PM More reviews by muaviewer

I LOVE glitter for my eyes....so needless to say I love this colour (plus, Urban Decay is my favourite eyeshadow brand). It's a champagne/taupe colour with a TON of glitter in it (it's the only UD eyeshadow colour description that actually uses the word "ton" to describe the amount of glitter).

In any case, I really fell in love with some of the NARS night eyeshadow shades like Night Rider, Night Clubing and Night Flight to name a few. However, at $29 CDN for a single eyeshadow (before tax!), it can get very pricey.

The UD eyeshadows are $21 CDN and I found that I can layer on the UD midnight cowboy rides again eyeshadow on top of any of my regular eyeshadows. So, since I have a nice taupe colour and a matte black colour, I can make my own NARS Night Rider and Night clubing look in my own way.

As a few reviewers had mentioned, to minimize fall out do the following (I would know best because I love glitter):
(1) use some sort of cream base or shadow (UDPP, Mac Paint Pot..etc). This is sort of a must because glitter doesn't adhere to bare skin as well as it would to a cream base
(2) use some translucent or light coloured powder and put it all over your cheeks. Just pack the powder on. You'll wipe this off later. Alternatively, you can just hold a square piece of toilet tissue on your cheek while you are applying your eyeshadow so that the tissue catches the fallen glitter. However, I prefer using the powder method because then I have both hands free. If you are using the toilet tissue, you have to use one hand to hold the tissue and manoever everything else with one hand.
(3) always use a sponge applicator to apply any glitter shadow. I don't understand why people are using a brush to apply glitter. If you use a brush, of course you'll get more glitter on your face rather than on your eyes. Use a sponge applicator, dappen it a little bit with some water or visine if needed, and PAT it on your eyelids (don't smear the shadow or use wiper motions on your eyelids when applying). So this is the reason I took off points for packaging quailty. I wish glitter eyeshadows all came in a pan where you can put a small eyeshadow sponge there since a sponge is the best way to apply glitter.
(4) now, once you're done applying the shadow, some glitter has to have fallen off on your cheeks. Since your cheeks have a thick layer of powder on it (step 2 above), wipe the powder off using a brush or a kleenex.

I hope the above tips help! Works for me.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2009 1:38:00 PM More reviews by rinstarangel

Yes, this e/s has a good amount of glitter, but i still love it. i love shimmery champagne colors and this is my go-to. i wear it everyday! it looks great with colored liners (blue, teal, purple, etc). the trick for me is to use UDPP first and then sometimes i'll use painterly paint pot over that. then i apply the e/s and just pat/press it on. it creates a little less glitter fallout. i wait to do my foundation last so that the glitter isn't on top of it. throughout the day, i don't get much glitter on my actual face, and if i do, it just brightens my eyes, because it's really not much. i could do without all of the glitter, but i still love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by ButterflyMcqueen

This is a beautiful eyeshadow. I bought it because I thought I'd be able to wear it in the daytime, but it turned out to be way too glittery for me. When applying it, it would leave all kinds of it everywhere all over my face. I looked like a disco ball. The glitter is waaaay too chunky. This would probably ONLY be good for a night on the town! Definatly an evening shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2009 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Beatrixbee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

GORGEOUS if I could just get the glitter to stay on my eyes and not fall on my face during the day. I'm using it with Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion and am thinking about trying it with a different primer before returning it for something with less glitter.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2008 10:09:00 PM More reviews by zajiue

I don't care what anyone says. I f'in love this eyeshadow. Asian, NC30. It's not an eyeshadow for everyday but it does look hot if you're going out. I love the glitter fallout actually, it looks really pretty if you can pull it off. lol. Enough stuck to my eyelid to keep it pretty and glittery as well. :)

I paired it with black liquid eyeliner and UD yeyo on the inner corners of my eyes. I wore it with *gasp* the also hated glittery Nars Super Orgasm and YSL Golden Gloss 3. Yes, some may think I ended up looking like a discoball but I received a lot of compliments from girls when I wore it out. Once again, great for a night out but not for the faint of heart!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2008 1:00:00 PM More reviews by jennaKitty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

, it an if-y product, it's not horrible, the color of it is rlly nice neutral, but the sparkles rlly annoy me because there super chinky, it's cute at nite when i do a simple eye, this adds just a bit of shimmer, but i find it way to sparkly for the day!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2008 12:45:00 PM More reviews by lilamyg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Horrible! Stay away from this! I remember liking the original one in highschool and on a recent trip to Sephora tried this on(I've been really into gold/beige eye lately). BAD MOVE! Glitter everywhere. Silver glitter was all over my face. And trust me, I KNOW how to apply eye shadow with glitter. I use MAC and Smashbox LOOSE glitter and it doesn't fall on my face like this did. I mean, maybe the color looks nice in he package but I had a face of silver glitter ALL day, even after many many attempts with makeup remover both in Sephora and at home. I can't express how horrible this is.