Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash with Organic Tea Tree Oil and Awapuhi

3.6

Not tested on animals

Castile Soap (Water (Aqua), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Tall Oil, Potassium Hydroxide), Glycerin, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil*, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrastis Canadensis (Goldenseal) Root Extract, Hedychium Coronarium Root Extract (Awapuhi), Fucus Vesiculosus Extract (Bladderwrack), Cymbopogon Martini Oil (Palmarosa), Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Peel Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Oil, Callitris Intratropica Wood Oil (Blue Cypress) *Eco-HarvestĀ®

on 7/17/2009 1:18:00 PM

this is a super help when i am breaking out, but while it kills my acne, it also kills my face & patches of dry skins forms like a desert. haha. total desert essence. i wish that it comes in a foam form & that it is 1/2 as powerful. i love how it immediately kills my breakout but it is killing the good skin that isn't breaking out. will buy again for desperate rescue. i wish this comes in a foam, because foam is actually less but spread out more. maybe i will try diluting it into 1 part cleanser 4 parts water. ??

on 7/16/2009 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Great suds! Feels like using Tide on my face. Every trace of makeup, oil, dirt, skin cells and elasticity literally washed off my face. I can really see this working for people who have really oily skin. The pump really doesn't work well because the consistency of the cleanser is really, REALLY watery. However, it's no biggie. It has tea tree oil which is great for acne, but smells alot like Raid bug spray.

on 7/15/2009 11:36:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Such a great cleanser. Leaves my skin feeling plump, dewy and clean without feeling tight and dry. I keep it in my shower, the pump is convenient. I really like how it smells, too. Herbal. Yup.

on 7/14/2009 1:57:00 AM

I don't get at all why anyone likes this. My skin was so dryed out after using this and I have oily skin. After washing with this stuff my face felt stripped and had that wierd shiny sheen to it, not an oily sheen but that shiny sqeaky clean look. Not healthy. And my face stung. I am suprised this was such a failure for me, because I like alot of other Desert Essence products.

on 7/9/2009 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Update: After having tried better products, I realize how this product was so abrasive to my sensitive skin and it didn't clean makeup that well. I enjoy more gentle cleansers. I changed my rating to a 1.

Overall Rating 3
Price 3
Packaging Quality 4
Would you buy this product again? Yes

I only use this right now because I am having a burst of acne and it helps to control it because its very drying. I would not use this all the time and after using it I immediately need to put on moisturizer because my skin is so dry that it is squicking. You know when you clean glass and it makes this squick squick sound? I don't think that is good for your skin.

on 7/9/2009 9:33:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I really do love this! I needed something to supplement my oil cleansing/steaming regimen, which I have started doing a couple times a week now. This is very gentle on my skin. It left it clean and not overly dry. And it takes off every single trace of makeup (excluding eyes, and it may but directions say not to use close to eyes). I swiped a toner on afterwards the first time I used it to see how much gook it left behind, and there was none. ZERO! I no longer use the toner to remove traces of dirt and makeup. This has really fit in well with my routine. It also works WONDERS on makeup brushes! Love it!

EDIT* I took off 2 lippies because my skin became dry. :( I don't use it everyday now, only if I want a really, really deep clean. It still works wonders on my brushes!

on 7/7/2009 2:49:00 AM

I started using this product along with the moisturizer about a year ago when I thought all hope was lost after trying dermatologist solutions that continued to fail. This surprisingly cleared me up quickly and left my skin feeling very clean. But about 3 months into using it my skin got very VERY dry. I loaded moisturizer on and gently scrubbed at it. But it took about a month before it finally went away. So I had to stop using this. I go back to it every now and then and the same thing happens. Too bad.

on 7/3/2009 4:50:00 AM

this cleanser is so good for my sensitive and combination skin.It cleans well and not drying my skin.It smells herbal.

on 6/27/2009 9:10:00 AM

My skin: Asian, Normal to Dry, Breakout occasionally

Cleanse : very clean and gentle after make up removing
Texture : light and lather up well
Package : normal
Price : drugstore

Smell : Terrible ^.^ but quality worth trying!!!

would definitely buy it again

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I love this stuff - I've been using about a year. General purpose usage. Washed face & body, cleaned brushes, washed my delicates, shampoo. I think that the smell is fresh not strong smelling at all - I don't notice the tea tree at all. You only need a little, not even a full pump.

I only repurchase the 32 oz size and it lasts me about 8 months, I'm only on my second liter.

I don't find this drying but I do moisturize and use lotion (on my body) everyday.