December 17, 2014 | 1898 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - BIG

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2011 1:49:00 AM More reviews by courtneycaye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

didn't give volume at all and my scalp got greasy fast!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by ayling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought Big with high expectations. Loved the smell and the strange salty texture. Also promised lots so I thought I'd give a try. Went home and jumped in the shower...lo and behold...my dry, overdyed, lifeless hair turned into...no, not a silky supershiny mane, but a tangled lump! When blowdried, my hair was all frazzled and drier than ever! Full of flyaways! I hated it and sent a long email to Lush (which they responded to very nicely). The next morning, to my amazement, I woke up with shiny, healthy hair. It was quite bizarre, the drastic overnight improvement. I so wanted to love Big that I used it again and again, and the results got better and better! My hair is moving again, which is a first in years. It still gets somewhat frazzled right after showering and stays that way for a bit, so I only use Big at night. Strange but true...

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Awful. Dries hair, makes it straw-like and unmanageable, weird coconut bits remain and have to be combed out, a thorough mess! I have curls and this did nothing for them.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2011 7:49:00 AM More reviews by organicjunkiee

This is not a shampoo it's a detergent ,this is strong enough to wash clothes...first time when I washed ma hair with this ma hair became so dry that I had use castor oil to condition ma hair.it's just too harsh use it on ma hair

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2011 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Paintspotting

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Shiny, Clean Hair! But it is too expensive to use it everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by radiantflux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't use this regularly, maybe once a week. But since I have limp and easily weighed-down hair, I get all of my build up out with this. I enjoy the sensation of the salt in my hair and it foams up really easily. A definite staple of my long term hair care.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2011 8:08:00 AM More reviews by lizbathory88

I really love this shampoo. Super volumizing, but not hydrating at all. I hate the packaging and wished it would last longer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 2:24:00 AM More reviews by olympialetantoli

I've purchased this product over a dozen times. I've been using it since I was 17. I now use the solid shampoos since I stopped colouring my hair. I love the sea salt in this mixture, really cleans and purifies the hair. Hair is nice and shiny and smells good. It is also a little more voluminous. If you want to detoxify your hair pick up a tub of this. You won't be sorry. I've switched to Godiva now since I no longer colour or process my hair... but if I start colouring my hair again I will get this. I just found that it helped my hair loads.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 1:01:00 PM More reviews by cosmetticjunki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

PROS: smell, multi-use, gives hair body, cleans hair gives shine, container (you can return 5 jars to get a free face mask

CONS: price, hard to open in the shower

After trying LUSH shampoo bars i was not impressed. So i was not very excited when they gave me a sample of BIG at the counter. However no lie the morning i decided to use the sample i went to LUSH and bought the full jar after my shower. BIG is a shampoo from Lush. It was $22.95 for 11.6oz. its suppose to give limp hair the volume it deserves with seaweed infusion to soften hair and citrus juices for shine. Its a unique consistency from any shampoo i have every used. Its like watered down jello with small and large chunks of salt. IT SMELLS AMAZING like citrus-y lime and a side of sweetness. Salt is full of minerals which maintain the moisture balance of your skin. Fresh lime Juice delivers instant shine and leaves your hair feeling extra clean. I think the shampoo lives up to what LUSH claims. It does not give me a afro but my hair feels clean and has body afterwards. Even though this shampoo is pricey in my opinion it can be used in different ways. You can always use it as a body scrub, which i have and its great! THe lady at the store told me she used it to scrub her bathtub and it works great! The entire bathroom will have the BIG smell and it cleans with not much effort because of the salt. Lastly the packaging it very cute. Its a hard black plastic jar. If you care of course LUSH has the person who made its face stuck on the side. The best thing is you can exchange 5 jars for a FRESH FACE MASK FOR FREE! This includes shower jelly jars and more. This will help the sting of the high price tag. I only gave packagin a 4 because i sometimes find it difficult to open the jar in the shower when my hands are wet. All in all one of my favorite products from lush and at this time the 2nd most popular on the LUSH USA website. I am still waiting for the big perfume to come back...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by kmikula

I requested a sample before buying this, and I'm really glad I did! I'd definitely suggest that you do too, because it's really expensive to buy without knowing how it works!

I wasn't impressed. My hair is thin so it should be easy to give it volume, but somehow this didn't do the trick. I liked the salt crystals, and I loved the smell, but it definitely didn't do what it claimed.