Clean Clean

2.6

on 10/8/2005 4:13:00 PM

When this first came out, I was all over it. What a concept - a fragrance that smells truly as if you just came out of the shower. But I put off getting it because for that clean, fresh, out-of-the-shower smell, I'm happy with Light Blue. And now, thank goodness I never shelled out for this, because on me, it smells like I've just spent a week tumbling in a dryer with a terrible brand of fabric softener sheets. It's too sharp, not subtle at all. And as an MUAer mentioned below, it is reminiscent of Zest soap, which makes me sneeze and gives me a headache. At $80 a bottle, I can park myself in a detergent aisle for free. continued >>

on 9/30/2005 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this fragrance so much. My boyfriend loves a clean smell, he wears febreze as his cologne, so I purchased this to wear with him. I tested it at Sephora first and was very impressed. It sayed on me for an entire day, until I washed it off. I quickly bought it and began wearing it. Everyone who smelled it on me loved it. At $80 a bottle I hope so. It doesn't smell like soap or detergent to me, more like fabric softener and candy. I love that it smells light and breezy too. I will continue repurchasing until I find something I like better.

on 9/17/2005 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love clean, soapy scents like this. It reminds me of a fresh bar of Zest soap.It's very long lasting as well.

on 8/30/2005 6:17:00 PM

Very dissapointed and pissed with this product. It smelled like a cleaning product, was way overpriced, the bottle leaked and was not true to its claims. Forget this one, its grade 'A' crap.

on 8/24/2005 4:08:00 PM

I sampled this fragrance at Holt Renfrew twise before ordering it from Sephora (since it was $5 cheaper). I suppose part of the appeal was that it seems hard to find in Canada - I live in Ottawa. I thought it was a bit pricey for the packaging, very plain but I just the same, I really love it! It kind of smells like soap but it has this sweet scent that I just can't put my finger on that I think, makes it unique. Anyway, I bought the edp, I'm pretty sure I'll use it all. I also like Amazing Grace and J'Adore(5 years+) if that gives you any indication of the kind of fragrance I like.

on 8/20/2005 11:39:00 AM

I like this smell its a clean, fresh smell, like just getting out of the shower or clean laundry comforting smell. I would never wear these everyday for the rest of my life and its by no means a holy staple of mine but its nice to wear from time to time when you don't really want a 'perfumy' smell.

on 7/18/2005 2:44:00 PM

As others have mentioned, I was fascinated by the idea of this fragrance as soon as I heard about it. (If I could find a perfume that smells like Paul Mitchell Awapuhi shampoo, I'd be in heaven!) Without having smelled it, I ordered the roll-on version from sephora (because it was the only thing that wasn't insanely over-priced). I had such high hopes for this perfume, but was shocked when I got it because to me, it smelled exactly like a bar of soap. It didn't smell like a pleasantly scented, perfumy bar of soap; it just smelled like a plain old bar of deodorant soap. Ecch. I'm glad that there were others who've had pleasanter reactions to it than mine, because I was really disappointed.

This is a fun, kind of gimmicky scent that I bought in roll-on oil form ($25) because I knew I'd wear it for several months then be ready to move on. It is a kind of fresh-out-of-the-shower smell but like a below poster said it also has a hint of something candy-like. Mm. Great for everyday, but I wouldn't want to wear it forever.

EDIT: Wow, so many bad reviews! I have one thing to say to you people: WAIT FOR THE DRYDOWN. I'll admit that at first it does smell pretty strong but once the scent dries and reacts with your skin, it smells a lot more fresh and pretty -- not antiseptic at all.

on 5/4/2005 10:54:00 AM

Okay, I smelled this in the store and loved it so I bought it. After I got home I realized that although I really do love the smell, it's not something that I personally would like to smell like. It's more of a nice smell for my house, so I spray it around and it does make my home smell great. However, I won't be repurchasing since this is quite costly for an air freshener!

on 4/29/2005 5:49:00 PM

Am I crazy? This smelt exactly like no name brand lemon dishsoap on me... clean, but not the clean I was looking for. The search continues.

Popular Fragrances