Clean Clean

2.6

on 10/24/2005 10:52:00 AM

Very expensive smell of NOTHING!!Usually when I wear a new perfume, the first few times I can smell it on myself. With this, there was not even the slightest hint of a smell. I tried putting more on and still nothing. Even asked people if they could smell it. I was so pissed off about wasting over a hundred bucks (with the tax) that I complained to Holt Renfrew's customer service and they reluctantly let me exchange it.

on 10/9/2005 9:17:00 PM

I know most don't like this, but when I was pregnant with my daughter I picked this up at about 6 months and continued wearing it everyday through the rest of my term. I just cannot rave enough for the "clean" feeling it did give me. I mean at this point I was slacking on shaving and all the extra girly pampering (beyond showering) due to the size of my belly and my inability to see my feet. I mean I had always been fit, and well maintained hygeinically, and this was a semi depressing point in history for me as far as feeling beautiful, but I'd spray Clean, and my spirits lifted. A lot of other scents would make me physically ill especially anything vanilla based, but this was absolutely perfect. Nowadays I rarely revisit this bottle, as my chemistry has changed and it smells harsh, but at the time it was absolutely perfect. For what it is I probably should have put the money in my daughter's college fund, I mean Christ $80...right? but I bought it and I enjoyed it a whole lot. It deserves a little credit.

on 10/8/2005 4:13:00 PM

When this first came out, I was all over it. What a concept - a fragrance that smells truly as if you just came out of the shower. But I put off getting it because for that clean, fresh, out-of-the-shower smell, I'm happy with Light Blue. And now, thank goodness I never shelled out for this, because on me, it smells like I've just spent a week tumbling in a dryer with a terrible brand of fabric softener sheets. It's too sharp, not subtle at all. And as an MUAer mentioned below, it is reminiscent of Zest soap, which makes me sneeze and gives me a headache. At $80 a bottle, I can park myself in a detergent aisle for free. continued >>

on 9/30/2005 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this fragrance so much. My boyfriend loves a clean smell, he wears febreze as his cologne, so I purchased this to wear with him. I tested it at Sephora first and was very impressed. It sayed on me for an entire day, until I washed it off. I quickly bought it and began wearing it. Everyone who smelled it on me loved it. At $80 a bottle I hope so. It doesn't smell like soap or detergent to me, more like fabric softener and candy. I love that it smells light and breezy too. I will continue repurchasing until I find something I like better.

on 9/17/2005 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love clean, soapy scents like this. It reminds me of a fresh bar of Zest soap.It's very long lasting as well.

on 8/30/2005 6:17:00 PM

Very dissapointed and pissed with this product. It smelled like a cleaning product, was way overpriced, the bottle leaked and was not true to its claims. Forget this one, its grade 'A' crap.

on 8/24/2005 4:08:00 PM

I sampled this fragrance at Holt Renfrew twise before ordering it from Sephora (since it was $5 cheaper). I suppose part of the appeal was that it seems hard to find in Canada - I live in Ottawa. I thought it was a bit pricey for the packaging, very plain but I just the same, I really love it! It kind of smells like soap but it has this sweet scent that I just can't put my finger on that I think, makes it unique. Anyway, I bought the edp, I'm pretty sure I'll use it all. I also like Amazing Grace and J'Adore(5 years+) if that gives you any indication of the kind of fragrance I like.

on 8/20/2005 11:39:00 AM

I like this smell its a clean, fresh smell, like just getting out of the shower or clean laundry comforting smell. I would never wear these everyday for the rest of my life and its by no means a holy staple of mine but its nice to wear from time to time when you don't really want a 'perfumy' smell.

on 7/18/2005 2:44:00 PM

As others have mentioned, I was fascinated by the idea of this fragrance as soon as I heard about it. (If I could find a perfume that smells like Paul Mitchell Awapuhi shampoo, I'd be in heaven!) Without having smelled it, I ordered the roll-on version from sephora (because it was the only thing that wasn't insanely over-priced). I had such high hopes for this perfume, but was shocked when I got it because to me, it smelled exactly like a bar of soap. It didn't smell like a pleasantly scented, perfumy bar of soap; it just smelled like a plain old bar of deodorant soap. Ecch. I'm glad that there were others who've had pleasanter reactions to it than mine, because I was really disappointed.

This is a fun, kind of gimmicky scent that I bought in roll-on oil form ($25) because I knew I'd wear it for several months then be ready to move on. It is a kind of fresh-out-of-the-shower smell but like a below poster said it also has a hint of something candy-like. Mm. Great for everyday, but I wouldn't want to wear it forever.

EDIT: Wow, so many bad reviews! I have one thing to say to you people: WAIT FOR THE DRYDOWN. I'll admit that at first it does smell pretty strong but once the scent dries and reacts with your skin, it smells a lot more fresh and pretty -- not antiseptic at all.

Popular Fragrances