Clean & Clear blackhead eraser scrub

2.7

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne medication). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Polyethylene, Microcrystalline Wax, Steareth 21, Polysorbate 60, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Menthyl Lactate, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Jojoba Esters

Soooooo, I have mixed feelings in an odd way. My mom first bought me the walmart knock-off brand. I was a little aghast after being burnt by the walmart knockoff noxzema cream. I though my mom was trying to ruin my face, haha.
But I surprisingly liked it. There was a lot of beads, and the base was thick and creamy, but totally rinsed away. I don't think it cleared any blackheads but it really made for a nice, not too abrasive or drying scrub.
Then I bought the original. And it sucks. It's watery, there's barely any beads, pretty useless as a scrub and blackhead what??
I'll probably buy the cheapo version but huzzah to the clean and clear.

on 10/19/2009 5:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Blackhead Clearing Scrub

This product did not do anything special. Now that I have read some of the reviews, I did notice the weird residue, if your looking for something to get rid of oil, this is NOT what you are looking for. Although, once I did start using it, after about two months or so, I got lots of blackheads right around the edges of my lips. I did not notice any less blackheads or anymore. Although I would not buy this product again because I didn't not see an overall change.

Not a good buy

on 10/7/2009 11:56:00 PM

This is by far the worst scrub I have ever used! It felt like I washed my face with cooking oil, gross. It has some kind of greasy residue. I will just stick to my biore scrub instead.

on 10/5/2009 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

It's a really great cleanser, but doesn't do anything for the blackheads..

on 9/19/2009 1:49:00 PM

Didn't really do anything and left my face with a weird residue. Not a big fan

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Horrible.Did not work.No difference in my face at all.

on 9/5/2009 5:01:00 PM

When I first started using this I was very disappointed. My blackheads remained undisturbed and it was a little drying so I left it for a while. I seen it again and decided to give it another go. This time I used it in conjunction with a facial loofah and it seemed to dramatically reduce the blackheads on my nose. I finished it a little while ago but I think i'll buy it again.

on 8/24/2009 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was REALLY hoping this product would clear up my blackheads and make my skin look better..but it didnt really work that well..in my opinion, my skin got worse after using this product..the packaging is okay though, but i wouldnt buy this product again..kinda dissapointed :(

on 8/19/2009 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: INDICATION: For uncomplicated acne involving only the face. DIRECTIONS: Wash affected area 2 to 3 times a day. Wet your face. Dispense the scrub into the palm of your hand. Mix with water and massage gently onto your face. Rinse thoroughly. WARNINGS: For external use only. Do not use with another acne medication, except on the advice of a doctor. Avoid contact with eyes. If contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water. If excessive skin irritation develops or increases, discontinue use; if irritation persists, consult a doctor. Keep out of reach of children.

This opaque cream, speckled with blue polyethylene beads is packaged in a blue, transparent squeeze tube with a plastic flip cap.

MY THOUGHTS: I initially purchased a 141 g tube of Clean&Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub under the impression that I had blackheads on my nose (which turned out to be just large pores). My boyfriend on the other hand does have blackheads and didn't notice any improvement while using this scrub.

PAULA BEGOUN: Poor (don't buy). Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub ($4.99 for 5 ounces) is a standard scrub that contains polyethylene (ground-up plastic) as the abrasive agent. This also contains 2% salicylic acid, which can help eliminate blackheads, but not when used in a scrub that is rinsed off the skin after only a moment or two. Even if this brief exposure to salicylic acid were beneficial, the pH of this product is too high for effective exfoliation. This product contains methyl lactate, which is irritating and offers no benefit to skin.

MEDICINAL INGREDIENT: Salicylic Acid (2.0%) continued >>

on 7/27/2009 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This scrub is okay, it does help clear up your blackheads, but I don't find that it helps for much else besides that. There are many better products that clear up blackheads just as well that also clear up other things besides blackheads. I like Clearasil daily face wash the best.

Popular Scrubs