July 30, 2014 | 1455 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clinique - Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 3:20:00 PM More reviews by ah63

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this! I've used it for about 5 years. I primarily got it to hide my large pores. But now I use it to help my makeup look less shiny. I guess I realized that nothing will make my huge pores disappear, LOL. My skin has gotten drier as the years go by, and I have VERY dry skin in winter and combo/oily in the summer. So I cannot use this in winter because it dries out my skin too much. But now that the temp is warming up I need it, and love it. I put a small amount all over my face after moisturizer, then foundation. The result skin that feels and looks smooth and silky. And it really helps me out with shine and oil.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by noname101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a totally overrated product!!!

It does not fill in pores, i actually found that it made me seem more greasy than before.

Monistat works just as well for a fraction of the price

perfekt skin perfecting gel is also better than this but its slightly more - but not MUCH more given that it is twice as big

I got this b/c of the good reviews and totally regretted it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

i cannot live without this product........i have really oily t zone that have me going nuts trying to keep it matte with frequent touch upss. with just a little bit of this on my nose b4 i put my makeup on, i can go on hours without touch ups and i still look fine......amazing productt!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by jmby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm makeup artist by trade, and must first say that anyone expecting ANY product to keep oil shine at bay all day, or even for more than two hours depending on your own skin and hormones, is being unrealistic. Any product you apply will eventually soak into the skin or rub off, and re-applying is always necessary. (Of course, all-day products like ColorStay, etc. last longer and can be harder to rub off). That being said, this product has consistently worked for me and for many women and men I use it on. Extremely large, oily pores won't seem as small as moderately large ones after application, but everyone I've used this on has the appearance of smaller pores for a time. Of course, we all know that pores are not windows and cannot be opened or closed, or made larger or smaller by any product. They can APPEAR larger or smaller based on how clean and clear they are, however. This product also provides a velvety, smooth surface for foundation application, which in turn, allows me to use much less product on most people. I find it can be applied over makeup when needed if I carefully pat it and don't smear it. I've also had even better results when I pair it with Rimmel's pore minimizer/mattifying lotion, which I apply first, let dry, and then apply a small amount of the Clinique. If you also use an oil free or matte foundation, you're golden for a quite a while, unless your skin is crazy oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by itstihu

I guess for me, the only issue is the price tag. It's like $17 for a tiny skinny tube. I know that you don't necessarily need a large amount to prime, but how long does this product even last you if you use less than a pea size everyday???

So when I did try it, I loved it. I noticed instantly how softer my skin felt--and that is a great feeling. It made my foundation a little easier to blend, but that could be just because my foundation was easy to blend in the first place. It does keep me oil free and I did notice my makeup did not rub off as easily as before. It did a good job on keeping my makeup stay on my face for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 7:55:00 PM More reviews by linlilolilo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's great primer! It does helps to cover pores and make the skin feel flawless! It helps the foundation get smoother.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Lydia07

I bought this to use just on spots where my pores are large such as the chin, nose and forehead but I must say I don't see what is so special about this product. It does not make my pores look any smaller than my smash box primer does. I tried using it to fill in a scar on my cheek since it is so thick but it really didn't work well for that either. I also seem to break out mildly when I use this product and though it may be my imagination I thought after several days of using this product that my pores actually looked a bit bigger with no makeup. I'm not really crazy about using anything that plugs up your pores- seems like a good way to cause break outs and stretch them out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Wrenaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I have very fair skin and use the lightest color, and it works great. At first I was concerned about how small the bottle was when it arrived (I ordered it online), especially considering the price, but very little will go quite a long way. I mostly use this on my nose and cheeks (can't see my forehead through my bangs anyway) on top of a tinted day cream (with spf), then finish off the look with powder. My pores pretty near vanish and stay vanished all day. It's great.

It has not caused me to break out, and I've had no issues with the packaging or the contents coming out too fast. No complaints. Definitely will continue buying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2010 10:32:00 AM More reviews by alynne88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have one of the oily-est skins around (thanks a lot mom for giving me such wonderful genetics!) and I've tried numerous products to control it so that my makeup doesn't wear out that quickly. I am pretty much that type of person that could get super oily after just half an hour to an hour (depending on the weather here) of washing my face. Seems impossible, but it is true.

This product made such a difference that my pores looked a bit smaller then usual and it left me with quite smooth-looking skin. It does reduce a bit of my oilyness but not by much;instead of looking like an oil slick within an hour, it probably will take me 2-hours to start my usual blotting frenzy. But hey, what more can you expect of a product for someone with my skin type? It does what it says and that's enough for me to keep on using it and re-buy it in the future.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Lilibeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product! I have a very oily skin and when I use this product (with a moisurizer especially for an oily skin) the outcome is a perfectly matte skin. But I figured out that this product only works when you put it on, after you daycreme and then let it rest for at least three minutes!! When you use your foundation directly after this product, it doesn't has any effect.