December 21, 2014 | 893 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 224 Tapered Blending Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 1:20:00 AM More reviews by piinkcheeks27

OMG My favorite MAC eye brush of all time & I havent reviewed on it yet?!?!!? Well here it goes! I loved this brush since the day I got it! I treat it as if its my own child. Its the best brush for blending and for defining my crease. I havent tried this brush for anything besides blending cuz it does its job so effortlessly. This is one of those brushes where you should be the money to buy cuz theres nothing else quite like it to be honest. The quality is so amazing & mine hasnt shed one hair! Its still full and soft. I wouldnt mind buying another one cuz its just that good. Out of all the brushes, this is the one i grab EVERYDAY! I love this brush & wonder what ill ever do if i dont have it. My favorite hands down! =))

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 7:54:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

At first, I was disappointed by this brush...it seemed too soft to be of any good for anything at all (I'd wanted the 222 but the MAC counter at The Bay doesn't stock that one - it's only at MAC stores). However, after working with it for a few weeks, I came to like it a lot more. And then I saw some people on YouTube using this brush to apply concealer so I thought I would give it a try. WOW...it does a fabulous job of blending in concealer so it looks natural but does its job, rather than blending it totally away, like some brushes do. If this brush weren't so darned pricey, I'd purchase a 2nd one for concealer alone (wish I hadn't wasted the money on the brush that MAC touts as a "concealer brush" but which is actually just a waste of money and good for nothing at all, IMO).

I do wish MAC would do something about their brush packaging....I know they want us all to buy their brush rolls and such but for me, that just ain't gonna happen. It would be nice if they would sell their brushes in packages that could be reused for when you travel or want to throw the brush in your makeup bag, purse or gym bag. I mean, really, how much would it cost? Lots of far less costly brushes come in little plastic packages that are reusable.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 8:45:00 AM More reviews by mjhdesign

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Since I have small eyes I prefer the 217 for the most part since it has a more precise tip, however this is still an excellent brush for blending out the crease or for a final blending one over to get rid of any harsh lines.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by labellemarianne

This is a HG brush for me ... I went in to MAC to be color matched for a new undereye concealer and the girl applied it with this brush a la Pixiwoo and Pixi2woo on Youtube. I had, of course, seen them do it before but I was blown away when I saw on myself how this blends the concealer in without tugging on my eye area AT ALL. Not even the teeniest bit of skin moved, even the smallest amount. When I use my fingers, I always worry about tugging, even when I do it very carefully. I bought the brush because of that and hope to be able to use it for many years to come (and save me some premature wrinkles).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by utprincess

This brush is a dream when it comes to blending out shadows. I LOVE my 224 brush! I am so thrilled with this purchase and feel the higher price tag is totally justified. Easy to work with, excellent at blending, and soft on the eye lids. Great buy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is not just a blending brush but a great brush for defining the crease. It even compensates for difficult shadows e.g. Bobbi Brown's metallic plum, enabling them to apply easily. I got this shadow because Alexa from the show Jerseylicious (who seems like a crazed perfectionist about makeup - and I mean that in a good way) mentioned it on the show. I have a nice collection of quality brushes but I thought I could use this one and I was so glad that I purchased it. Thanks Alexa! Hope you sneak in more advice on the show - I'll be listening.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2010 5:53:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this only to blend out crease colours and it works amazingly!! It's foolproof and instantly softens and blends out shadows with little effort or fuss.
I have tried a few other brushes from other companies that look similar in size and shape, but nothing beats the quality, craftmanship, and performance of MAC's 224!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by strawbs

Wow... Finding out about this brush was a god-send!

Just about every girl/guy on youtube mentions it and it appears on many "Must have brushes" lists...

I have two of them now. One I use soley for dark crease colours and the other is for blending out the harsh lines and maybe using a lighter shade to blend up to brow bone.

Makes doing a smokey eye a doddle.Well done MAC.

xx Strawberry

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

I have two of these and use them for two different purposes. One I use to apply shadow to my crease/outer v, and it works perfect since I have rather large eyes. It always gives me a gorgeous application and is pretty fool-proof. My second 224 I use to apply my liquid MAC concealer. Again, gorgeous and fool-proof. It looks totally natural and really distributes the product evenly. I love my 224s, and if I ever want to add to my collection, this would be one of the brushes I would repurchase due to its versatility.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2010 12:34:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

224 is the perfect brush for blending (works great also for applying eyeshadow to the crease) ..... while it is large and fluffy, it gives me a perfect and flawless application each and every time ...... I have never used MAC's other blending brush to compare, but I am very pleased with my 224.