August 28, 2014 | 1431 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 224 Tapered Blending (Windshield Wiper) Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is not just a blending brush but a great brush for defining the crease. It even compensates for difficult shadows e.g. Bobbi Brown's metallic plum, enabling them to apply easily. I got this shadow because Alexa from the show Jerseylicious (who seems like a crazed perfectionist about makeup - and I mean that in a good way) mentioned it on the show. I have a nice collection of quality brushes but I thought I could use this one and I was so glad that I purchased it. Thanks Alexa! Hope you sneak in more advice on the show - I'll be listening.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2010 5:53:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this only to blend out crease colours and it works amazingly!! It's foolproof and instantly softens and blends out shadows with little effort or fuss.
I have tried a few other brushes from other companies that look similar in size and shape, but nothing beats the quality, craftmanship, and performance of MAC's 224!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by strawbs

Wow... Finding out about this brush was a god-send!

Just about every girl/guy on youtube mentions it and it appears on many "Must have brushes" lists...

I have two of them now. One I use soley for dark crease colours and the other is for blending out the harsh lines and maybe using a lighter shade to blend up to brow bone.

Makes doing a smokey eye a doddle.Well done MAC.

xx Strawberry

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

I have two of these and use them for two different purposes. One I use to apply shadow to my crease/outer v, and it works perfect since I have rather large eyes. It always gives me a gorgeous application and is pretty fool-proof. My second 224 I use to apply my liquid MAC concealer. Again, gorgeous and fool-proof. It looks totally natural and really distributes the product evenly. I love my 224s, and if I ever want to add to my collection, this would be one of the brushes I would repurchase due to its versatility.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2010 12:34:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

224 is the perfect brush for blending (works great also for applying eyeshadow to the crease) ..... while it is large and fluffy, it gives me a perfect and flawless application each and every time ...... I have never used MAC's other blending brush to compare, but I am very pleased with my 224.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by LauraJean396

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good brush but I do not use it to apply color, only to blend it out. It is too large for my eye but I do love it for my purpose!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 1:04:00 AM More reviews by spacecow17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good brush to have, but it really serves one purpose for me and that is for blending. But eversince I bought the 227, this brush has just been lying around in my brush holder. So Im not sure if I would buy this brush again. Its not really something that I often grab for..I like it but I don't love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2010 2:28:00 AM More reviews by mscosmeticfanatic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i would buy this product again but hesitantly. it's a great blending brush but it's a little too fluffy for good product placement (unless you want a light layer of the eyeshadow). it's soft and does a good job overall.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2010 11:25:00 PM More reviews by blingblingb8by

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A lot of people have raved about this brush on Youtube, gurus and MU artists alike! That is probably one of the sole reasons why I went out and bought this brush, but it was so heavily priced that my conscience kept refraining me from doing so until I had $30 in my wallet. It is obnoxiously priced, which is probably why MU Artist all recommend this because everyone knows for a fact that they can all afford this kind of luxury! LOL I'm not going to bust out and say that this is the best blending brush ever because I think the one from Coastal Scents is a lot better for its price, but I can say that it does its job pretty decently. You do have to wash this brush a couple of times to get rid of its "stiffness", but once the problem is gone, the brush just works its magic blending out colors and such. However, one comes across this question a lot: Will I buy this again? And my answer is a definite no because in my opinion, that 30 bucks is a lot better saved than spent! However, If it wasn't for that price, I would say GET IT because it's a reliable blending brush to have in your collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by ManhattanMermaid

I didn't know what real blending was until I owned this brush. It literally does the work for you! You just keep moving the brush back and forth and you end up with amazingly blended eyes! This is HG for me.

The Sigma dupe just doesn't compare to the MAC brush. I had the Sigma SS224 and disliked it so much I almost didn't get the MAC. But so many people recommended the 224 I decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I did. (I do however LOVE the Sigma SS217). =)