October 30, 2014 | 1669 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 224 Tapered Blending Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 8:45:00 AM More reviews by mjhdesign

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Since I have small eyes I prefer the 217 for the most part since it has a more precise tip, however this is still an excellent brush for blending out the crease or for a final blending one over to get rid of any harsh lines.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by labellemarianne

This is a HG brush for me ... I went in to MAC to be color matched for a new undereye concealer and the girl applied it with this brush a la Pixiwoo and Pixi2woo on Youtube. I had, of course, seen them do it before but I was blown away when I saw on myself how this blends the concealer in without tugging on my eye area AT ALL. Not even the teeniest bit of skin moved, even the smallest amount. When I use my fingers, I always worry about tugging, even when I do it very carefully. I bought the brush because of that and hope to be able to use it for many years to come (and save me some premature wrinkles).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by utprincess

This brush is a dream when it comes to blending out shadows. I LOVE my 224 brush! I am so thrilled with this purchase and feel the higher price tag is totally justified. Easy to work with, excellent at blending, and soft on the eye lids. Great buy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is not just a blending brush but a great brush for defining the crease. It even compensates for difficult shadows e.g. Bobbi Brown's metallic plum, enabling them to apply easily. I got this shadow because Alexa from the show Jerseylicious (who seems like a crazed perfectionist about makeup - and I mean that in a good way) mentioned it on the show. I have a nice collection of quality brushes but I thought I could use this one and I was so glad that I purchased it. Thanks Alexa! Hope you sneak in more advice on the show - I'll be listening.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2010 5:53:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this only to blend out crease colours and it works amazingly!! It's foolproof and instantly softens and blends out shadows with little effort or fuss.
I have tried a few other brushes from other companies that look similar in size and shape, but nothing beats the quality, craftmanship, and performance of MAC's 224!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by strawbs

Wow... Finding out about this brush was a god-send!

Just about every girl/guy on youtube mentions it and it appears on many "Must have brushes" lists...

I have two of them now. One I use soley for dark crease colours and the other is for blending out the harsh lines and maybe using a lighter shade to blend up to brow bone.

Makes doing a smokey eye a doddle.Well done MAC.

xx Strawberry

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

I have two of these and use them for two different purposes. One I use to apply shadow to my crease/outer v, and it works perfect since I have rather large eyes. It always gives me a gorgeous application and is pretty fool-proof. My second 224 I use to apply my liquid MAC concealer. Again, gorgeous and fool-proof. It looks totally natural and really distributes the product evenly. I love my 224s, and if I ever want to add to my collection, this would be one of the brushes I would repurchase due to its versatility.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2010 12:34:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

224 is the perfect brush for blending (works great also for applying eyeshadow to the crease) ..... while it is large and fluffy, it gives me a perfect and flawless application each and every time ...... I have never used MAC's other blending brush to compare, but I am very pleased with my 224.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by LauraJean396

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good brush but I do not use it to apply color, only to blend it out. It is too large for my eye but I do love it for my purpose!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 1:04:00 AM More reviews by spacecow17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good brush to have, but it really serves one purpose for me and that is for blending. But eversince I bought the 227, this brush has just been lying around in my brush holder. So Im not sure if I would buy this brush again. Its not really something that I often grab for..I like it but I don't love it.