MAC Lustre - Honey Lust

3.8

on 9/29/2008 5:31:00 PM

I found, as some others have, that though this looked very pretty in the pan it just didn't show up on my skin at all. So it's going back.

on 9/29/2008 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I love this color! It is very highly pigmented and showed up really well on my skin! It is a bold statement whether worn alone or with another color. On the downside, it is a lustre and I accidentally dropped the case...it crumbled everywhere! What bit I could salvage, I placed in a zip lock baggy until I was ready to use it.

on 9/6/2008 1:33:00 PM

This is my first MAC eyeshadow, I bought it a few days ago. I love it! It shows up beautifully on my lids and really brings out my dark green eyes. I haven't had the fallout problem like many people here, though. Overall, my HG eyeshadow for now!

on 8/13/2008 7:39:00 PM

Was not impressed with this at all! Color is pretty, but did not show up on me at all, not even after applying several layers, or applying with a sponge applicator.

on 7/28/2008 6:57:00 AM

Blah.. this made me look sick. I am not sure exactly why, usually I love this type of color on me. I am NC15 w/ light green eyes. The glitter in this was also a little to chunky for my liking. Wish I had picked something else.

on 7/27/2008 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

despite its ugly price, I absolutely love Honeylust. it is my HD shadow color; it makes my blue eyes really pop without it seeming like I'm wearing hardly anything(and this can be difficult for me, since I'm so pale). my search for this exact shade is finally over and I'm so glad I forked over the cash. the shadow itself goes on and stays on very well without any sort of primer. I would recommend this to anyone, but especially NW15/NW20 with blue eyes.

I never use this type of colour on my lids, ever , so I don't really know how come I bought this one.... but I'm so glad I did! Honey Lust is a coppery, orange-y, glitter/shimmery shadow, which looks amazing on tan skin. I have blue eyes and this really brings out the blue colour in my eyes. I keep taking a second look in the mirror, thinking ''oohhh my eyes are popping''. Of course the packaging is great (love the MAC shadow pots), but I had to take a lippie off because of the shadow (the glitter probably) just goes everywhere when applying it! I keep having to wipe off excess glitter below my eyes. I read here that this one is best applied wet - I haven't yet tried that so will give it a go.
Another tip, apply this (lightly and sparingly!)on top of a darker shadow (I used a black smokey shadow) ... it gives a lovely shimmery sheen to it.

on 7/16/2008 10:22:00 AM

Honey Lust is a gorgeous bronze-y gold with tons of shimmer. It has the most pigment and applies the smoothest when used wet. It looks great with Carnberry and/or Sketch. I love it!

Click "continued" for pictures.

Fifth from the left on the bottom row.

continued >>

on 5/19/2008 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This was the very first MAC eyeshadow I ever bought. The color is beautiful, and really plays up bronze skin and brown eyes. It works bebst when you prep your lids first. I use painterly, then apply over that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

PRODUCT: Eye Shadow from MAC

COLOR: Honey Lust looks beautiful against my yellow toned NC30 skin

COST: $ 14.00

DISCRIPTION: Honey Lust is a golden glitter eyeshadow

PIGMENT: Great pigment but I apply this with my finger or sponge tip application. It looks awful when applied with a brush.

SMELL: None

CONTAINER: Large black case.

WOULD I BUY AGAIN: YES! This is my first MAC eyeshadow. I love the color and can be used for special occasions or everyday.

Top Rated MAC Products