December 22, 2014 | 1520 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Lustre - Gleam

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2006 2:44:00 PM More reviews by jenniferm625

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this eyeshadow goes great with anything... its a very pink/sparkly shadow that wears great throughout the day.. i pair mine with falling star.. or pretty much any of my eyeshadows. its worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2006 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Bethwte

Gorgeous color, I adore it, and could probably use it everyday, as it goes with almost anything. Very pretty shimmery neutral from MAC

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2006 10:56:00 AM More reviews by styrch

I bought this eyeshadow as a recommendation for something to go with Expensive Pink (I seem to be building my entire MAC collection around that color because it's the first one I got). Anyway, the two blend very well together, though they tend to blur as the day goes on. But it takes some of the "harshness" out of Expensive Pink and makes it a more wearable color. I think because of the neutrality of the shade this would work on a lot of people (only recently have I begun experimenting in warmer colors). If I run out of this, I'll probably buy it again. But I've never run out of an eyeshadow so we'll see.

Update: I think it's going to be a race between which shadow I run otu of first: This or Trax. I wear them all the time. Good for daytime work in the corporate world for that 20-something that is still years younger than most of her coworkers (yeah, that's me)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2005 7:08:00 AM More reviews by hellokitty05

Considering MAC eyeshadows cost $30 a pop in Australia I am very picky when it comes to the colors I buy. Gleam was basically a blind buy, I had a friend get it for me based on reviews. I also liked the color as I saw it on screen. I have to say this product did NOT disappoint and it is one of my staple colours. I try to use it as sparingly as possible (again - thinking of the price tag) but it looks like I will be buying it again once I've run out.
Works really well with tempting for a "smoky" look or sushi flower.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2005 5:52:00 PM More reviews by msmarchi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love my MAC eyeshadows & even though i rated a 4 on pricing (i'm unemployed), it's pretty inexpensive. Gleam is a pretty glittery pale pink/nude on my skin (i'm a medium beige 2,3 for bare escentuals) but the thing i found about Gleam is that it is very pigmented. When i apply the eyeshadow, flecks of the glitter tend to fall on my face. I don't mind much because this color is beautiful. (especially with Aquadisiac or Steamy)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2005 10:18:00 PM More reviews by bethany117

I just bought this today and I absolutely love it. It's a very shimmery pinkish-gold color. I wasn't able to find the color I was looking for (bagatelle), so I decided on this instead, and I don't regret it. It lasts for hours so you don't need to reapply very often either. I absolutely love it and at only $14 it's not very pricey either. Love it! Will definetely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2005 3:31:00 PM More reviews by shortfist77

Really, really like this eyeshadow. I own a lot of the lustres, but this is my favorite - if applied to your lid with a finger, it makes them shine (or gleam, as it were) with a lovely warm peachy-pink gold color - not too metallic - just a better than natural look. Exactly what I was hoping for (and didn't get with Honesty - my least favorite lustre so far). I like wearing it on the lid with Expensive Pink (not a lustre, but the veluxe pearl formula, which I also like) in the crease, lower lid lined with Bountiful Brown and smudged with Tempting (yet another lustre).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2005 4:44:00 PM More reviews by andrea46

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

As noted below, this is a pinkish-gold. Imho, it has a lovely sheen. I guess I am in the minority but I like the lustres a lot, for ex, Retrospeck and D'Bohemia. They impart a sheen, not a frost, and they seem to deflect the light from lids that are not so young anymore. This e/s really makes brown eyes pop. I just don't know how I never noticed this one before so am, therefore, quite surprised. Have been using it for one wk straight which is surprising for this fickle e/s person. Brown-eyed girls, this is most definitely worth a try with some Teddy eye kohl as liner and black mascara and you've got a lovely fresh yet simple summer look.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2005 4:30:00 PM More reviews by RyuukoEx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The pink-gold color of Gleam is really beautiful, but the texture of this lustre shadow, not so much. Especially after purchasing Say, Yeah (velux pearl), which seems exactlly the same, except that it applies much smoother. I will deffinitelly be exchanging this for somethign that I need more.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2005 7:31:00 PM More reviews by BlueEyez259

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well I swapped for the Chromezone 1 palette which contains Gleam. I probably would not buy this shadow on it's own because it's a lustre and I'm not too fond of them. As the reviewer below suggested- looks nice with Aquadisiac or other browns or oranges. Would not repurchase b/c too similar to other lustres I have: Retrospeck and Goldbit.