Revlon ColorStay Under Eye Concealer

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.4%), Zinc Oxide (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Polyisobutene, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Bisabolol, Serica Poudre de Soie (Silk Powder), Serica Soie (Silk), Alumina, Trisiloxane, Methicone, Silica, Polyethylene, PEG/PPG 20/15 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isohexadecane, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

I wasn't so pleased with some aspects of the product, making it iffy for me.

Pros:
color payoff decent
coverage okay
easy to find

Cons:
relatively expensive (compared to the CG stick and ELF allover stick I use)
doesn't dispense product easily or evenly
colors available don't match my undereye circles (not salmon enough to combat the blue tones)

on 5/27/2010 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

this was my first under eye concealer. i thought it would be good because under eye is right in the name! but it wasn't very good at all. very hard to blend and they don't have enough skin tones and none of them matched mine so i had to wear a really light concealer which made people look at my under eyes more. plus it didn't really conceal the way i wanted it to it just like sat on top. i also didn't like the clicker thing... it took like 20 twists to get some. not coool revlon. but i love your other color stay products♥

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This concealer is great, i really like the application of it because with the old type where you twist the bottom and it comes up you end up wasting a lot of the product. however, with this applicator you don't waste any product, you only need a little bit because coverage is awesome! it's well priced, as most all revlon products are. this is an essential in my makeup routine now.

on 5/17/2010 4:55:00 PM

Love this concealer. I use it for the dark circles under my eyes and it hides very well and doesnt set into the fine lines or cake like other concealers I've tried. I first use a primer then this concealer and pat it under my eyes then apply my foundation and finish with powder to set. I've found this process makes me look flawless. Only problem with this product is the tiny amount you get, other then that I would rebuy and already have.

on 5/16/2010 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I bought the medium color and it is not orangey or too yellow. Perfect color for my skintone. However I found this product to be too matte and slightly thick. I always moisturize and prime my skin but it didn't make a difference. Tried blending it several ways- didn't work for me. I won't repurchase.

on 4/29/2010 2:23:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

this product is just ok...I have very dark under eye circles, and it does not hide the circles at all, I will use it for small blemishes untill it runs out, but I will never repurchase this again... also I dont know what is up with the pen applicator, but it takes a zillion clicks to get the product to come up, then when you finally do get the product to come up...it just keeps comming, even after you stop turning it! I also think that for the small amount you actually get, it is way over priced...I probably would have given it a better rating if it was just a concealer, and not ment specifically for undereye circles.
So, if your buying this for dark under eye circles, dont bother, it is a waste of money...but if you just want a concealer for small blemishes, i'd say give it a try.

on 4/19/2010 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

The main problem with this, for me, is application. I always have a hard time getting a small amount (which is all you need) out of this, I always end up with too much and have to wipe away the excess- it's rather annoying. As far as an undereye concealer goes, if you can master application, i t is decent. I don't think it does much for dark undereye circles, perhaps really light ones it might cover. I kind of use this more as a highlighter around my eyes since it is a bit lighter than my skin color, and it works pretty well for that.

on 4/19/2010 12:22:00 AM

I would actually probably rate this a 3.5 if I could.

To start off, I hate the packaging, I don't like any products that come in a twist up pen of any sort. I swipe my finger then pat it under my eyes and blend in.

I am always on a search for a good undereye concealer because I have what I call my "migraine eye." It's habitually got a very dark circle under it because that's where I have my migraines. This concealer doesn't completely erase the circle but it does make it less noticeable. A lot of concealers also cake in my just forming fine lines around my eyes making me appear much older than I am, but this so far has not.

This does stay on basically all day for me without wearing off as long as I don't rub under my eyes, it'll look disturbed and chunky. I also don't have to set this with a powder, it actually looks and stays better when I don't. I remove with MACs cleanse off oil.

I feel there is not a lot of product for the price, when compared at how long a potted concealer can last, this one can be expensive in the long run.

I am still on the hunt for my HG concealer but will continue to buy this when its BOGO until I find my HG.

on 3/31/2010 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Not impressed, but it's not terrible. I was so excited to get this as I LOVE the ColorStay foundation but was left underwhelmed. Gave me decent coverage and stays all day, doesn't get all liney like some other do. But you get so little for what you pay for, the pen thing is kinda gimmiky and it's pretty hard to apply properly. It's sticky and is hard to blend. I'll keep using it for now, but won't be going back to it

on 3/31/2010 12:58:00 AM

Reliable concealer. It covers up redness and the occasional pimple quite well, and doesn't dry out my skin as well. However, it could be better at covering up undereye circles (but only undereye brighteners really work to lessen the darkness). I would repurchase, but only with a bogo sale.