April 18, 2014 | 1784 users online

Concealers - Revlon - ColorStay Under Eye Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by canadian

I bought the medium color and it is not orangey or too yellow. Perfect color for my skintone. However I found this product to be too matte and slightly thick. I always moisturize and prime my skin but it didn't make a difference. Tried blending it several ways- didn't work for me. I won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2010 2:23:00 AM More reviews by cecelia01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

this product is just ok...I have very dark under eye circles, and it does not hide the circles at all, I will use it for small blemishes untill it runs out, but I will never repurchase this again... also I dont know what is up with the pen applicator, but it takes a zillion clicks to get the product to come up, then when you finally do get the product to come up...it just keeps comming, even after you stop turning it! I also think that for the small amount you actually get, it is way over priced...I probably would have given it a better rating if it was just a concealer, and not ment specifically for undereye circles.
So, if your buying this for dark under eye circles, dont bother, it is a waste of money...but if you just want a concealer for small blemishes, i'd say give it a try.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The main problem with this, for me, is application. I always have a hard time getting a small amount (which is all you need) out of this, I always end up with too much and have to wipe away the excess- it's rather annoying. As far as an undereye concealer goes, if you can master application, i t is decent. I don't think it does much for dark undereye circles, perhaps really light ones it might cover. I kind of use this more as a highlighter around my eyes since it is a bit lighter than my skin color, and it works pretty well for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2010 12:22:00 AM More reviews by JYCarson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I would actually probably rate this a 3.5 if I could.

To start off, I hate the packaging, I don't like any products that come in a twist up pen of any sort. I swipe my finger then pat it under my eyes and blend in.

I am always on a search for a good undereye concealer because I have what I call my "migraine eye." It's habitually got a very dark circle under it because that's where I have my migraines. This concealer doesn't completely erase the circle but it does make it less noticeable. A lot of concealers also cake in my just forming fine lines around my eyes making me appear much older than I am, but this so far has not.

This does stay on basically all day for me without wearing off as long as I don't rub under my eyes, it'll look disturbed and chunky. I also don't have to set this with a powder, it actually looks and stays better when I don't. I remove with MACs cleanse off oil.

I feel there is not a lot of product for the price, when compared at how long a potted concealer can last, this one can be expensive in the long run.

I am still on the hunt for my HG concealer but will continue to buy this when its BOGO until I find my HG.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2010 3:49:00 AM More reviews by Pocketface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not impressed, but it's not terrible. I was so excited to get this as I LOVE the ColorStay foundation but was left underwhelmed. Gave me decent coverage and stays all day, doesn't get all liney like some other do. But you get so little for what you pay for, the pen thing is kinda gimmiky and it's pretty hard to apply properly. It's sticky and is hard to blend. I'll keep using it for now, but won't be going back to it

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by blooicee

Reliable concealer. It covers up redness and the occasional pimple quite well, and doesn't dry out my skin as well. However, it could be better at covering up undereye circles (but only undereye brighteners really work to lessen the darkness). I would repurchase, but only with a bogo sale.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by AshCassidy

When I purchased this product the first time I didn't get the correct shade for my skin tone but when I returned it to get the next shade it still didn't seem to blend well with my complexion. Not only did it not blend well but this concealer left my skin really dry and it's extremely hard to remove. This is my first time using liquid concealer so i don't know if I'm doing something wrong but I don't think that concealer is supposed to irritate your skin(burning sensation) and leave you with dry snake skin afterwards. I used Boscia Purifying Gel to remove my makeup and concealer, every area on my face felt smooth but under my eyes the next morning it felt really dry and rough even though it wasn't noticeable. It stayed that way for a week until I bought Palmers Shea Butter and applied it everyday, thanks to Palmers my skin is back to normal. I will never buy this product again, terrible!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2010 12:17:00 PM More reviews by xkadiix

I like this concealer a lot for my under eye area. I do not have any bags or major dark circles however, I still like to conceal my darkness whenever I do have a good night of sleep and this does an amazing job at it. I have tried several concealers in the past and I can say-in my opinion- that this is probably the best one you could find for the price, esp. if it's on sale.

I personally don't mind the packaging, I never had any issues on too much product coming out of the dispenser.
Also, the concealer glides unto your skin; it doesn't settle into you lines or crease!

I like the coverage it provides, and I will most likely repurchase whenever I finish this tube!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 8:44:00 AM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Overall I like this under eye concealer. I bought several in the last month trying to find a good one and I think I have found it. I first felt that the formula was very thick and hard to blend. But then I applied it by dabbing smaller amounts then using my fingers to smoothe it out and it looked fine. It really does work great under the eyes, be sure to use an eye cream or primer it helps. I like the finish looks very smoothe and does not cake or gather. It also has spf 15 which is great! This doesn't have any sparkles or shimmer like other under eye concealers which I like and lasts all day. Good stuff!

Downside: there isn't a wide shade selection, I only saw 5 or so maximum shades and the applicator took a while to dispense the product (so many twists!) [UPDATE 9-3-'10] - I no longer use this, it is drying and cracks at the end of the day. I use a concealer from Hourglass which is so much more moisturizing 4 lippies down to 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2010 2:36:00 AM More reviews by akagon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was torn in between this and a similar product from L'oreal. I tried each under my eyes and compared them in the shop. I like the brand image of L'oreal and I love their mineral foundation to death so I was more leaning towards L'oreal but after testing Revlon was clearly the winner. The shop person wholeheartedly agreed. (She actually decided to buy it for herself) I'm sure there are better ones out there but for this price range Colorstay is the winner. Colorstay reflected more lights and covered dark circles under eyes better than the others. (I tried Covergirl as well) It does not erase them, don't expect that much - it illuminates the area slightly so that dark circles are much less noticable.