Revlon ColorStay Under Eye Concealer

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.4%), Zinc Oxide (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Polyisobutene, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Bisabolol, Serica Poudre de Soie (Silk Powder), Serica Soie (Silk), Alumina, Trisiloxane, Methicone, Silica, Polyethylene, PEG/PPG 20/15 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isohexadecane, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

PRO:
1) awesome coverage for redness around the nose
2) super blendable (at times)
3) good coverage for the dark circles

CON:
1) not lasting (my acne scarring shows up after 3-4 hours)
2) quickly dries up (meaning, if you don't blend it in right away, i found it to be drying, making it hard to blend)
3) creases on the undereyes

overall:
I bought it because of the hype of the CoverStay foundations, hoping it would be long staying with good coverage. However, it didn't exactly meet my expectations. It wasn't the WORST, but it definitely wasn't the best. I probably wouldn't repurchase it because it's overly priced for its worth.

on 6/13/2010 12:29:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First of all, I have to rant about the packaging: the click-pen is difficult to control and just plain annoying in the morning when you're rushing to get ready for work and you don't have five minutes to play with your stupid concealer. Either nothing comes out or half the tube comes out and you'll never get it back in. I am sure some Revlon rep would tell me just to have patience or to master the number of clicks - two clicks and wait, three clicks and wait. Here's an idea, Revlon - package your product better! I'd prefer any other packaging, honestly - doe's foot applicator in a tube, a squeeze tube, a stick, a pot, anything to this. Once you get the stuff out, the colors are nicely neutral, however; it doesn't really cover much. I still had dark circles, and a zit I was trying to cover. Although Cle de Peau is obscenely expensive to the point of being criminal in its pricing, its concealer is far superior to this.

on 6/7/2010 1:38:00 AM

I bought this during my midterms this winter, when my lack of sleep brings out my undereye circles. I didn't have time for a trip to sephora or MAC (which are both an hour and a half away), so I hit up walmart looking for the best solution.

What a mistake.

The color is so sheer, it doesn't do anything to mask my undereye circles. It feels more like a primer than a concealer. It just looked greasy after I applied this.. deffinetly NOT buying it again.

I wasn't so pleased with some aspects of the product, making it iffy for me.

Pros:
color payoff decent
coverage okay
easy to find

Cons:
relatively expensive (compared to the CG stick and ELF allover stick I use)
doesn't dispense product easily or evenly
colors available don't match my undereye circles (not salmon enough to combat the blue tones)

on 5/27/2010 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

this was my first under eye concealer. i thought it would be good because under eye is right in the name! but it wasn't very good at all. very hard to blend and they don't have enough skin tones and none of them matched mine so i had to wear a really light concealer which made people look at my under eyes more. plus it didn't really conceal the way i wanted it to it just like sat on top. i also didn't like the clicker thing... it took like 20 twists to get some. not coool revlon. but i love your other color stay products♥

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This concealer is great, i really like the application of it because with the old type where you twist the bottom and it comes up you end up wasting a lot of the product. however, with this applicator you don't waste any product, you only need a little bit because coverage is awesome! it's well priced, as most all revlon products are. this is an essential in my makeup routine now.

on 5/17/2010 4:55:00 PM

Love this concealer. I use it for the dark circles under my eyes and it hides very well and doesnt set into the fine lines or cake like other concealers I've tried. I first use a primer then this concealer and pat it under my eyes then apply my foundation and finish with powder to set. I've found this process makes me look flawless. Only problem with this product is the tiny amount you get, other then that I would rebuy and already have.

on 5/16/2010 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I bought the medium color and it is not orangey or too yellow. Perfect color for my skintone. However I found this product to be too matte and slightly thick. I always moisturize and prime my skin but it didn't make a difference. Tried blending it several ways- didn't work for me. I won't repurchase.

on 4/29/2010 2:23:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

this product is just ok...I have very dark under eye circles, and it does not hide the circles at all, I will use it for small blemishes untill it runs out, but I will never repurchase this again... also I dont know what is up with the pen applicator, but it takes a zillion clicks to get the product to come up, then when you finally do get the product to come up...it just keeps comming, even after you stop turning it! I also think that for the small amount you actually get, it is way over priced...I probably would have given it a better rating if it was just a concealer, and not ment specifically for undereye circles.
So, if your buying this for dark under eye circles, dont bother, it is a waste of money...but if you just want a concealer for small blemishes, i'd say give it a try.

on 4/19/2010 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

The main problem with this, for me, is application. I always have a hard time getting a small amount (which is all you need) out of this, I always end up with too much and have to wipe away the excess- it's rather annoying. As far as an undereye concealer goes, if you can master application, i t is decent. I don't think it does much for dark undereye circles, perhaps really light ones it might cover. I kind of use this more as a highlighter around my eyes since it is a bit lighter than my skin color, and it works pretty well for that.