July 30, 2014 | 2008 users online

Blush - NARS - Lovejoy

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by xtina000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this blush. It is a perfect, subtle shade for my cheeks and is oh so flattering. I'm NC44 and often have trouble finding a natural-looking cheek colour. Lovejoy is a lovely warm colour that would suit many skin tones, IMO. Like all NARS blushes, the colour is easily buildable - which I LOVE. Feels like it's worth the money - as you just need to gently 'tap' your blush brush onto Lovejoy and sweep it onto your cheeks for a perfect natural effect. In the past, with other blushes I've had to use much more product for the same result.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Paiger171

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Even though I am PPP, this blush looks lovely on me. I love to wear it when I need to warm up my face a little bit. It works with a cool or warm lippie. I like wearing it with warm/nuetral colored clothes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2009 6:34:00 AM More reviews by angelyshis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this blush!! I have NC37 skin and so many blushes go muddy on me. Upon first look at this blush I thought it would look like dirt. When I first applied this it did look like dirt. A couple days later I decided to try this again with a much lighter hand and as soon as I saw the result of a light swipe angels started singing. I was ecstatic!! This gives me a slightly bronzey rose glow. Not sparkle, not shimmer, but just a healthy natural glow. I love this blush with absolutely any look I do. A perfect beachy glow with a hint of rose!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2009 5:57:00 AM More reviews by vgup9746

I love this blush! (haha this is the 3rd review for NARS blushes that starts with the same sentence! How original!)
It is so gorgeous, with these subtle gold shimmer flecks in it. The colour is actually pretty unique, when I don't use it for a while I forget and see it as an ordinary bronzey kind of blush. But it actually goes on a bit rosey, which combines with the bronzed/golden look to give a really natural, subtle look! Hmm. I wonder if that paragraph was very helpful/accurate??? I hope so!! :)

For reference, I'm of Indian/South Asian background,
- MAC - NC 40-42,
- Stila "f-g",
- Nars: "Balanced Barcelona"
- Laura Mercier - oil-free tinted moisturiser in Sand (my current daily face!)
xx

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2009 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Cosmeticjunkie87

This is my favorite NARS blush!!! I love it!!! The color works great with my skin!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2009 1:36:00 PM More reviews by hounddog1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yet I am sure itis great quality I did not quite like the color on me. It was too warm and maybe even too orangey to look natural on me, dont get me wrong I have used way more other prodycts that looked worse on me but as this looked like makeup it was not the big hit on me. My colouring is NW 20. However I do not agree that this looks wrong because the color is too strong or deep, no way, this is very easy to adjust in my opinion. Id say if your NC 20 you could pull it off.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2009 1:30:00 PM More reviews by celinei

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this color and as usual with NARS the color payoff is fantastic! I have yellow/olive undertones NC30-35 and this is like a nice natural look.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2009 3:20:00 PM More reviews by coppercutie13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful bronz-y colored blush with a hint of rosy-pink. It's a great "natural" blush that can be worn year round. Sometimes I layer it with a bright pink blush to create a glow without using bronzer. I have a medium-dark skin tone, and I think that if I were tan in the summer months this would be way too light. But I definitely like it in the fall/winter/spring since it adds highlights and a flush of color to my dull skin this time of year. I'd recommend it for olive and medium-dark skin tones.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2009 8:37:00 PM More reviews by lynniepoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I own a couple of NARS blusher and the quality is just top-nothed - smooth, silky texture with amazing colour. Lovejoy, however, just does not suit my fair-medium Oriental skin tone (MAC NC15, Chanteceille FS Alabaster, Laura Mercier TM Porcelain). It is far too dark and makes me look dirty. I note that the positive comments are left by MUA-ers with a darker skin tone. So do take note if you're on the pale side. I believe Sertao is a better bronzer/sculpting colour for lighter skin tones.

Also, as much as I love NARS blushers, they're rated an 8 out of 10 (the higher, the worse the product is in terms of cosmetics safety) by EWG. You can do up a search there - there are parabens in these blushers and I'm just not comfortable with wearing potentially harmful cosmetics every day in my all too brief life.

FYI, Chanteceille does paraben-free blushers and lipsticks (though not their powders), so you might want to look into that if it's an issue.

Such a shame - I wanted to collect them all :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 5:17:00 AM More reviews by Tigrou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Words cannot express enough how much I love this blush!! Gorgeous bronzy rose shade with a very subtle shimmer (it looks super shimmery in the pan, but when applied to the skin it is very subtle). This blush is perfect to warm the face and give some color, but in a very soft and natural way. This blush is an absolute favorite and is foolproof! It is not too warm, so I think it would work with a lot of skin tones.