April 17, 2014 | 1886 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Eye Basics

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2004 10:39:00 PM More reviews by vas_celo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in linen and love it so much. It acts as an eyeshadow base and smoothes over dark circles and capillaries to create a perfect base for eyemakeup. Makes my eyeliner smudge proof and eyeshadow last all day. It also brightens and opens up the eye area. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2004 3:14:00 AM More reviews by girliex601x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have super oily lids... so this really helps prevent the creasing of eyeshadow for like 4/5 hours before touch up... which is like a miracle product for me! i have this in bisque and it blends in w/ my natural lids color... then i set it w/ some powder. even though it's expensive, around $27... i think it's worth it and will last me for a while before repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2004 10:32:00 AM More reviews by DianaS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in both Linen (pale, neutral nude) and Wheat (slightly darker and a bit more yellow). I use Linen in the winter and Wheat in the summer.
First of all, my dark circles go all the way around my eyes, and my lids are a little discolored, and this product evens out my lid colour beautifully. I don't even bother with eyeshadow half the time.
This also does seem to make my shadows last a little longer, and stay truer to their colour. Not perfect, but better than anything else I've tried. (Similar to Almay Amazing Lasting, but this doesn't look quite as chalky. I couldn't wear the Almay without shadow.) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2004 11:57:00 AM More reviews by 2westies

I am completely sold on this product! I'm not usually given to hyperbole, and am very careful to consider long-term quality and value before heaping on the praise. But this stuff basically retexturizes and smooths out my eyelid skin, masking dark uneven color, while giving a (dare I say it?) much younger appearance to my eyes. Wheat is the perfect color for me, repurchase worthy for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2004 8:02:00 AM More reviews by irishgirl71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

NC20, Hazel-Green eyes, sensitive skin, frosted hair>>I was anxious to try this product since I have had so many disappointments with eye bases and looking for the "perfect" one. I have such fair skin that is translucent that you could probably blood type me just by looking at my eyelids..LOL! I needed something that covers well but also performs and this eye base does just that! It's pigmented, easy to blend, and sets rather quickly. I chose the Wheat shade which goes perfectly with my NC20 skin! I have tried MAC paints, Benefit FYeye, Ultima II Fade Not Crease Not, Alexandra de Markoff's Disguise For Eyes, etc..and this by far, is the best! No pasty applications, nice pigment, no crepiness, and NO creasing of shadows! Plus, you get a variety of shades to choose from! I have finally found my perfect eyebase! Holy grail status!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2004 1:36:00 PM More reviews by cmkelly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product!! I have wheat but when i run out i'm going to buy a few others.
I have mmm/ggg skin and at first i used this only as an e/s base. But now i find i actually like it on its own. My eye lid is pretty darkly pigmented and this gives me a much more youthful less tired look.
As other mua's suggest it's very long lasting especially if you are oily/acne prone which i am.
I've been pining to try MAC paints and just made my first purchase.
I didn't find any that could give you a natural by itself look and am unhappy with the color i purchased.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2004 7:05:00 AM More reviews by saranja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG eye shadow base. Creates a nice smooth "canvas" for my shadow and makes it last all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2004 4:23:00 AM More reviews by bubs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this in Mocha, which is darker for my skin tone, but have been able to use it as a stand alone shadow or as a base for a smokey eye look. This stuff does not crease, prevents eye shadow over it from creasing and lasts all day+night long! definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2004 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Chicagoan2000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I usually have oily lids that my eye shadow will move around in 4-5 hours. I have tried this for a few days and it has been FABULOUS!!! I mean, my eye shadows are still stay put by the end of the day and it never happened before!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2004 9:21:00 AM More reviews by GimmeMore

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an excellent shadow base but overall I prefer Ultima II Fade Not Crease Not which seems nourishing as well as good holding power.