April 23, 2014 | 2001 users online

Bronzers - MAC - Refined Golden

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 9:50:00 AM More reviews by lareinaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

refined golden is my baby! i use this thing everyday and carry it in my purse, its my [hg] bronzer and its one of those things that is hard for me to find. for reference im latina with C4 skin, black hair, & hazel eye's..every one i have tried are either to muddy, red, dark, sparkly..orange..you name it, there hard to find. leave it to mac to have my perfect one. refined golden is a really pretty bronze/brown color with tiny red/golden sparkles. when i put this on my cheeks, it instantly gives me that sexy malibu-barbie look that i love. its also a good contour, and if i lightly sweep it all over my face ill get a nice glo. i will keep buying this, i recommend mine to girls with color, go to mac and try there bronzers out, they have a couple diff shades, if your darker than me "deeper refined golden" would be perfect. i love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2009 8:51:00 PM More reviews by lulu22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this bronzer, I used to use the matte ones but this one I find gives just the right glow. Maybe it doesn't suit people with far complexion, but this is perfect for my NC35 skin. I use it all the time and I would definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by alexandravictoria

This is my first review on here. And I just want to say I love this product. It is the one thing that I have stuck to using every day for abour 2-3 years. I absolutly love it, and even with pale skin just a little on your checks makes a huge difference to your complexion. I can not get enough of it. I use it as my basic powder over foundation in the summer (when I am tan) and also just a little in the winter to give me that slight glow. Compared to drug store brands it can seem a bit pricey but it last forever and can be used all year round. I can't say enough for it. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 8:40:00 PM More reviews by chickatthegym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this Bronzer! I bought it for the first time in Feb. 2007 and it lasted forever! I found it recently at a CCO and stocked up again. It gives a nice golden glow (just don't cake it on or it will look orange).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 2:37:00 PM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Omppa Lommpa Dopa Dee Do I looked orange it was very true! I used this bronzer for about 3 years while in highschool, looking back I am like WTF? I looked ORANGE. This def. was not the color for me. I need more of a cool toned broner because my skintone is so yellow. I wish somebody would have told me I looked like a freak. I can barely look at old picutres of myself without gagging. Why did I think I looked good? This would be a good bronzer for somebody with darker skin, but on my NC30 skintone this is horrible!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2009 12:29:00 AM More reviews by damnblondy

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this bronzer. I have tried quite a few as I am a fairly pale, blond haired girl who needs a good bronzer daily to give a warmth and a glow. Overall, this is and the Golden are the best bronzers I have used. A little goes a long way and just a few strokes over my whole face with a fat loose brush and perfect- a sunkissed look! The real proof was in photos I still looked like I had bronzer on the face! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2009 10:29:00 PM More reviews by kittylounger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i have been debating about using a bronzer. did it really show or matter? and so i did it, i had a MA show me and bought it. i didnt pay attention to how much she used so i went back and asked. theyre always so nice at the counter in the store. anyways, i think i really like it. i havent compared myself in pictures, but i feel like it looks better. i look better. just another thing to add to my routine, but i like it and its fun! i blends well and is easy to use, since im a beginner! im glad i finally did it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 1:27:00 PM More reviews by maggiealex

after i bought this i actually came very close to not buying again ANY powder-blush-bronzer-foundation from my local MAC store and this is all about the lighting in there!! colours get sooo twisted i end up with almost a different product when i get home!!!

Anyway...never buying this one too. it's an ok bronzer overall, good quality aand pigmentation but it's more suitable for tanned skin. on me it shows up too orangey! and it looked sooo great in the store...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 3:14:00 PM More reviews by neekolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i've had this product since last november and i ca't believe i haven't posted a review on this yet! first glance, refined golden looks very dark and muddy. when i got my make up done in the pro store in vegas, i was surprised the ma used this on me! i looked in the mirror and my face looked glowing! (nc40 for reference) i knew i had to purchase is right then and there! though it does look dark, it goes on very sheer and is buildable.

i'm such a bronzer junkie (my HGs are bronzey and peachy colors) and i've tried many products from brands such as nars, cargo, and too faced.

from the other bronzers i own, this definietely falls into the more brown category, rather than orange or peach.

a couple of other favorite bronzers of mine are too faced california in a compact (looks brown but turns into a light brown/peachy glow on me) and mac dark msf natural powder (which looks kinda orange if you apply heavily but looks fantastic using a light hand).

though i do use refined golden almost every day just to give my complexion more warm, i don't consider it my HG, but it is somewhere up there. i'm still searching for my HG bronzer that is not too orange or brown, blends well, and gives a glow from within!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2009 4:13:00 PM More reviews by gugeebzung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lasts forever so i'm not sure how long it will be before i have to repurchase.
I use it to shade and sculpt ..works wonderfully!
Great buy!