April 16, 2014 | 1959 users online

Masks - Mario Badescu - silver powder

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2008 8:51:00 PM More reviews by pinkyohana

I absolutely love MB products, so when thie Silver Powder didn't work for me, I was somewhat disappointed. I bought it directly from the website, so I'm gonna keep this in my cabinet and use it up since it is not worth the shipping expense to get the $12 credit. I agree with OP that this may be for someone with larger pores. I will update my review if anything changes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2008 2:20:00 PM More reviews by HollyMarie

This didnt do anything! I usually like MB products, but this was a waste of time and money

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2008 7:54:00 PM More reviews by MACai

This didn't really do anything for me...it think it works best for people who has large pores. I dont have too many blackheads, and my pores are relatively small. I wanted to try to get those last few and thought this would do the trick. Not so for me anyway, but I've heard of others who use this with great success...

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2008 12:11:00 PM More reviews by darina18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this product did absolutely nothing for my blackheads, i applied as directed on my nose and chin with no success. it was very difficult and painfull to remove with toner and my slightly sensitive skin was red raw in those areas. complete waste of money, pore strips work better than this but i have yet to find a product that removes blackheads effectively.do not buy if you have quite a bit of congestion or have sensitive skin, all it did was worsen the situation.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2008 9:18:00 AM More reviews by jazzy87

Ok so I've been waiting a long time to review this product - when I first bought it, I tried it a few times, and to be honest, it did absolutely nothing for me and I was prepared for it to become demoted to a 'bathroom cupboard back shelf' member (of which there are sadly many). I tried it alone. I tried it with toner. I tried it with pore strips (which just left my nose shiny and without the top layer of skin). I even tried leaving it on overnight. All to no avail.

Fast forward almost a year, to 2/3 weeks ago, when my skin was playing up so badly that even those back shelf products were starting to look promising. Basically my skin was super congested, with a few pimples thrown into the mix as well.

I'd heard that you can use this every day for the first little bit, so after 2 weeks of use putting this on every 2nd night - my skin is so much smoother and with no new spots either :D. I alternate between washing most of it off with cleanser and just leaving the ghostly remnants; using a toner to clean the remnants off; and exfoliating it away using a gentle exfoliator (which IMO is great because it removes the pore-clogging debris that the silver powder has loosened).

My method is that I spoon out about a teaspoon full into my palm, mix with a few drops of water to make a runny paste, and smooth it all over my entire face (not just my t-zone because most of my clogged pores are on my cheeks) and leave for about half an hour, which has been fine on my sensitive skin :-)

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2008 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Stefanie98

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Quite a value. I was cursed with under-eye milia when I was 25, and have been living with it for years! You canít squeeze milia. But after 2 applications of this powder (I only leave it on for 5 min.), they are greatly reduced in size with no squeezing. At first, I saw the way the powder clung to the contents of each pore and thought it was simply a gimmick (you wash off the product and think you have actually accomplished something) but seeing is believing, and this product has dramatically shrunken my pores in areas I thought were hopeless. To remove the final residue, I rub vigorously with my fingertips until the last of the product ďpillsĒ off my skin. If my skin werenít so oily, Iím sure this product would dry it out a bit.
****UPDATE: After three applications of powder to my under eye area, the milia are GONE. 5 lippies and my undying devotion! Even my dermatologist said he couldn't rid me of milia. I just did it myself for $12.

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2008 9:46:00 AM More reviews by luckylegs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff really upset my skin! Painful to remove (even when using the recommended toner). The texture of my skin was terrible later. I think it appears to remove blackheads, but really just clings to the pore. Also gave me breakouts.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2008 5:05:00 AM More reviews by candey_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely Crap! I used this as per the instructions by the sales lady. Within 1 week I had the WORST acne ever. My chin was full of zits, huge massive zits. I know that this cleans your pores, which is good. But I will not buy it again due to the fact that it actually made my skin awful. I am now left with massive purpley scars on my chin, due the sizes of the zits this product caused.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2008 12:08:00 AM More reviews by myndychia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have had blackheads on my nose since the age of 15 and now I'm in my late 20s. Blackheads have always been the bane of my life. I bought a tub of this after the sales person tried some on me and I thought it looked good. Pores appeared less visible after she removed the mask from my face. Unfortunately, each subsequent use appears to have less of an effect.

I think the best blackhead remover I have used thus far is Kose Sebum remover. It lasts me > 6 months for a weekly application and it works alot better than biore pore pack. I've been using this for 10 years now and i thought using Mario Badescu would be less invasive on my face but I have now reverted back to Kose.

Also in order to hinder the regeneration of blackheads, I would recommend Cellnique. This minimises pore size and has reduced the incidence of blackheads tremendously.

Combining Kose and Cellnique has helped my complexion heaps

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2008 12:09:00 PM More reviews by izi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i agree with the other posts this is pointless it does nothing for my blackheads i do not like mario badescu prodcuts at all. far too expensive with cheaper alternatives in the market. blackheads are embedded in the skin an extractor is the best method of deling with the little blighters, i see no difference after using this except a less oily nose.