November 22, 2014 | 1967 users online

Masks - Mario Badescu - silver powder

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2009 11:32:00 PM More reviews by stillgorgeousdead

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So far i havent noticed a huge difference with using this. Yes it has helped some break outs i have but not so much the blackheads that i have. It has seemed to reduce the size of the zits/pimples i have gotten which in my book makes it a winner.
On the other hand with the blackheads i dont notice a huge difference but on my nose[where most my black heads have made a home] i have noticed some area's look cleaner so it might be working but im not 100% sure yet.
I apply this as a mask all over my face. Just get a cotton ball or cotton pad wet then dip it in the powder[which is white not silver] and apply it all over my face. I leave it for 10 min then use my toner to take it off. Whatever doesnt come off/ stays in the pores i leave until later.
It feels like it's tighting where ever alot of my larger pores are and it kinda gives my face this super clean feeling when im done. It also has seemed to even out my complexion.
Only thing i dis like so far with this product is when it drys the powder kinda flakes off the skin so it is kinda messy waiting for the 10 min's to be up.
I take it off bye first kind of wiping a tissue all over my face to get the extra powder off my face then using a toner to take whatever actually stayed stuck to my face[uses way less toner this way i found out]
This product is slightly drying [great for oily skin maybe not so great for dry] and i do use a moisturizer after i take it off.

There's alot of product so it should last a long time. You dont need a ton.
And as stated before i found out this is easier to apply by getting a cotton pad/ball damp, dipping in the product then spreading across the face.

So, so far so good

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2009 8:00:00 AM More reviews by chismaks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

have been using this product for a few months. I have been using it once a week. I tried it when i had my acne breakout, this product help lessen my acne and make my face less irritated.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2009 6:37:00 AM More reviews by panadol4thepartyfever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have fairly noticeable blackheads on my nose and on my cheeks.After one year of using this product , my blackheads did not diminish at all.

I tried the silver powder/pore strips combo.Yes, by using silver powder before the pore strips does remove more gunk but on my nose...I couldn't see dramatic difference.
However my mum did comment that my face look brighter after using the powder..I didn't see the difference.

It's messy as it dries because it leaves white powder everywhere but one redeeming quality is that I think it helps to dry out my pimples and it feels relatively "deep cleansing".But it's too much of a bother.It's really hard to get off and the mess it leaves on my desk while i wait for it to dry is gross plus it did not reduce that many blackheads to justify the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2009 8:23:00 PM More reviews by benz909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After hearing such good things about this, as a blackhead "victim" I thought me and this would get along better then nutella and crepes.
At the moment I am not 100% satisfied with this. I have a city of blackheads, and they're pretty noticeable. I was hoping that this would be a great temporary solution, better than pore strips.

To be honest, biore pore strips work better for me.

The pros:
-draws blackheads to the surface, so extracting is easier

The Cons:
-a pain to take off, residue will stay
-messy
-slightly drying (but will be good for very oily skins)
-has not done anything for the milia under my eye :(
-powder, if inhaled isn't a good thing

Yes, the cons out balance the pros, but i am still going to finish this. If i am still not satisfied by then, then I will not buy this again.

I will keep you all updated.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2009 1:25:00 AM More reviews by acbaker82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a love hate relationship with this powder. It does a good job dissolving the little black heads on my nose, but the tub seems a little unsanitary, dipping a wet cotton ball into it every time you want to use it, and it is really messy. You have to apply this stuff to clean dry skin, but then the stuff sticks to your skin so bad, you have to wash and tone your skin all over again. I don't know how much toner I had to use to get the white gunk off. I am sure I can find something else to dissolve the blackheads as well without the fuss. I don't think I will buy this again unless I have to.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2008 8:51:00 PM More reviews by pinkyohana

I absolutely love MB products, so when thie Silver Powder didn't work for me, I was somewhat disappointed. I bought it directly from the website, so I'm gonna keep this in my cabinet and use it up since it is not worth the shipping expense to get the $12 credit. I agree with OP that this may be for someone with larger pores. I will update my review if anything changes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2008 2:20:00 PM More reviews by HollyMarie

This didnt do anything! I usually like MB products, but this was a waste of time and money

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2008 7:54:00 PM More reviews by MACai

This didn't really do anything for me...it think it works best for people who has large pores. I dont have too many blackheads, and my pores are relatively small. I wanted to try to get those last few and thought this would do the trick. Not so for me anyway, but I've heard of others who use this with great success...

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2008 12:11:00 PM More reviews by darina18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this product did absolutely nothing for my blackheads, i applied as directed on my nose and chin with no success. it was very difficult and painfull to remove with toner and my slightly sensitive skin was red raw in those areas. complete waste of money, pore strips work better than this but i have yet to find a product that removes blackheads effectively.do not buy if you have quite a bit of congestion or have sensitive skin, all it did was worsen the situation.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2008 9:18:00 AM More reviews by jazzy87

Ok so I've been waiting a long time to review this product - when I first bought it, I tried it a few times, and to be honest, it did absolutely nothing for me and I was prepared for it to become demoted to a 'bathroom cupboard back shelf' member (of which there are sadly many). I tried it alone. I tried it with toner. I tried it with pore strips (which just left my nose shiny and without the top layer of skin). I even tried leaving it on overnight. All to no avail.

Fast forward almost a year, to 2/3 weeks ago, when my skin was playing up so badly that even those back shelf products were starting to look promising. Basically my skin was super congested, with a few pimples thrown into the mix as well.

I'd heard that you can use this every day for the first little bit, so after 2 weeks of use putting this on every 2nd night - my skin is so much smoother and with no new spots either :D. I alternate between washing most of it off with cleanser and just leaving the ghostly remnants; using a toner to clean the remnants off; and exfoliating it away using a gentle exfoliator (which IMO is great because it removes the pore-clogging debris that the silver powder has loosened).

My method is that I spoon out about a teaspoon full into my palm, mix with a few drops of water to make a runny paste, and smooth it all over my entire face (not just my t-zone because most of my clogged pores are on my cheeks) and leave for about half an hour, which has been fine on my sensitive skin :-)

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No