November 23, 2014 | 1222 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 25

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2005 6:57:00 AM More reviews by ekubo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It feels very light and comfortable on the skin and doesn't dry me out or make me oily throughout the day. In fact, my combo to dry skin was "just right" the whole day! Does leave a slight cast due to titianian oxide, but I use powder over it and it easily corrects that. It also contains antioxidants which make it unique because a lot of them do not. If you are oily, you don't even need a separate moistruizer.

HOWEVER, as many reviews have mentioned, the UVA protection is on the low side. The protection is about PA+ only, which, to give you some comparison, Shiseido's SPF 34 is about PA++ while its SPF 50+ is PA+++, while European sunscreens are even higher. I use other sunscreens that have much higher UVA protection like Shiseido and vichy. But shiseido seriously dry me out and the vichy is soooo heavy and oily. So I might repurchase this one , but only wear it in the winter on cloudy days, or late in the afternoon when the sun isn't so strong. Why can't sunscreens feel like the supercity block but have the protection of european sunblocks?? I guess I can only hope...

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2005 10:45:00 PM More reviews by flippyskippy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought I would like this but I was wrong. For starters, it was pretty greasy on me and my skin is not oily these days. I can live with that but I can't live with the white cast it left. I did sink in after a good while but I took it back to Clinique after one day. Just doesn't work for us DDDs. To finish on a good note, it was moisturizing enough on its own.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2005 4:04:00 PM More reviews by greatwhitenorth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've only been using this for a few days but I'm loving it so far! The UVA protection isn't the greatest with this, but it's wonderfully non-greasy, provides *just* enough moisture for my combo skin, doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin and my makeup goes on beautifully over it.

If it doesn't break me out in the next week or so, it's a keeper!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2005 8:57:00 PM More reviews by petitebubble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really liked this, especially the tinted one, because it made it possible for me to go without foundation. I also had this notion that, as a New Yorker, it was protecting me from pollution. However, SPF 25 doesn't do it for this fair-skinned Irish-American girl. If you don't mind the low SPF factor though, it's not as greasy as most sunscreens and it doesn't make you look pasty.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2005 10:45:00 PM More reviews by anita_177

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this for about two years, and I'm still in love. It provides a fairly matte, non-greasy finish, and this is the only sunscreen which has never caused me to break out. The tint is a little bit too dark for my PPP skin, but it's not very noticable. I love opaque packaging is great because it means the antioxidants are protected. HG.

*Update*
Not using this anymore as I find it's easier using a moisturiser with sunscreen built into it (Ultraceuticals 30+)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2005 2:58:00 PM More reviews by kiltedkate

On my 2nd tube of this having been put on to it by Paula Begoun. Wouldn't go a day without it now even though at first it seems a bit thick. Also, i've been told this is stable whereas superdefense isn't (which is a shame because superdefense is fab). I use it with advanced stop signs eye spf 15 because i find that super city block runs into the lines around my eyes (which is saying something sincce i'm only 22 and don't have many lines) Will continue to repurchase until I they make superdefense stable. I'm not holding out much hope for that though.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2005 11:41:00 PM More reviews by superkathy

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I used their similar body sunblock and thats why i bought that product for face, but I'm not sure whether it worked, and the fact that it would turn into liquid was not good...I probably would buy a white colored one next time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2005 11:31:00 PM More reviews by sarahbella1012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product in an effort to protect my skin from UVA/UVB rays. While it works, I do not care for the greasy texture and shiny look it leaves on my face. I am tempted to give it away and try the new Neutrogena formula instead. Another minus is the fact that it is oil-free, so you still need to moisturize with this one. Retails for about $15. I will not purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2005 5:27:00 PM More reviews by coscouns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Excellent sunscreen!! This leaves my rosacea skin very smooth and matte! It is not too dry, and not greasy!! I love it and may start using it every day as a primer in the winter. I plan on using it every day in the summer instead of foundation; it evens out the color and texture of my skin. I like the titanium dioxide active ingredient.

*UPDATE* had to return. It started burning my eyes!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2005 11:35:00 PM More reviews by KerryGold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Iím in my late 40s with combination skin, still needing to deal with periodic mild breakouts. Iíve been using Super City Block every day for over a month now. This is a good sunscreen formulation for me. The cream is thick and ever so slightly tinted but quickly and fully absorbed, making it almost (but not quite) possible to use the recommended amount of ľ teaspoon on my small face without feeling overloaded. ľ teaspoon took all the vibrancy from my face, so Iím applying less and the tint now does no more than perhaps even out skin tone a little. I use it around my eyes as well, over my non-SPF eye cream. It can double as a moisturiser for oily-skinned girls, and leaves skin soft, velvety and matte. As I need a little more moisture, I wear a light moisturiser underneath. A little warning: use another sunscreen - something untinted - on your neck, especially if youíre wearing a light colour! As titanium dioxide is the sunblock component, Super City Block is recommended by and for people with sensitive skin and/or rosacea.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No