BeneFit Cosmetics Brow-Zing in Dark

on 5/19/2009 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I first bought this product about a year ago and didn't like it because i thought it made my brows look too dark and thick and ended up retuning it. Since then I've had my brows shaped and i started using this product again because my sister uses it. I don't use the brushes that come with it though (I use MAC's 266). I wish Benefit sold the wax separate cuz that's what i mainly use.

on 5/16/2009 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Rip off! This is so not worth spending $30 on. I've had mines for several years. I'm in the market looking for a really good brow filler (tried a ton of them!). But this one is the very least of my favorites. The powder isn't too bad, but nothing to go ga-ga over!!!! It's the only thing I really used from this kit. As for the wax. Ugh! I had little pimples in my brows and it doesn't set very well. It leaves your brows looking strange and goopy and/or a sticky mess. Also, the tiny tweezers and angle brush it comes I couldn't utilize because it was so small. If I did decided to use just the powder, I used MAC's 208 brush. Anyway, I definitely would NOT repurchase nor recommended this to anyone.
Just thought I'd give a review on this to save someone their 30 bucks if considering purchasing this brow filler!

on 4/17/2009 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of the best value-for-money products I've ever bought. Here's how I use it: I dip my Smashbox brow brush once into the wax, then once into the powder. That's usually enough to define one brow. Using it this way prevents the unnatural, lacquered/shiny look other reviewers have mentioned. It's also lasted me the better part of two years and is still going strong. Color is perfect for my dark brows. One star off because the brushes and tweezers are pretty useless... otherwise this is a rockin' product.

on 4/11/2009 7:06:00 PM

I stopped using this product two years ago because I've just found better products to fill in my brows. This isn't a bad product - the wax-powder combination is a good idea. But the color was always a little too brown for me - I have black, Asian hair - and it looked too unnatural in certain lights. The wax also got kind of dirty and weirdly-textured while there was still at least half of the powder left.

The mini-brushes and mini-tweezers are a cute idea, but who really tweezes their eyebrows on the go? Not me. The brushes are functional and the packaging cute enough and portable.

But like I said, I've moved on. I've used Smashbox's Brow Tech, Chanel's Sculpting Brow Pencil, Maybelline's Expert Eyes, and Shiseido's Eyebrow Pencil, and I've finally settled on MAC's pencil in Spiked. Perhaps the wax/powder formulas just aren't for me. I definitely think brows should look natural, and if you're very light-handed with a pencil (blending afterwards), it'll look more natural and last longer than powder. At least that's my experience.

on 4/11/2009 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I've been using this for years and still have the same package I purchased 2 years ago. This stuff lasts forever, even with daily use. I stopped using the waxy side of it but continue to use the powder form. That's the reason for the 3 stars. The waxy side would create pimples or zits along my brown line. After this product is through I will not buy another one because I plan on buying a drugstore eyeshadow for filling in my eyebrows.

on 4/11/2009 2:30:00 PM

I've been using this product on and off again for years, but I keep going back to it. I am attracted to the simplicity of a pencil, but I haven't yet found one that looks as natural as Brow-Zing.
*** new edit*** parabens lots of it! Won't use it now!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This looks really nice when you first apply it with the wax and then the powder filler but if you look upclose it gives your brows a sort of shine...a little distracting when you take pictures because it looks like you highlighted your brows. The dark shade looks natural with my dark hair but with sunlight it looks lighter and doesnt match so well

on 3/31/2009 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

this works pretty good, it last me pretty much all day. the color is natural if u use the powder to blend it out right and the wax sets/shapes it perfectly.
as w/ most things that come w/ teeny tiny cute/but not practical brushes i'd use something w/ a longer handle tho for more control tho they're not terribly bad.
the mini tweezers are the worst tho.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Brows are more important than curing world famine. This kit will bring you more delight than possibly imaginable.

on 2/13/2009 1:48:00 PM

I bought this product about 3 years ago and it still hasn't run out for me so it was definitely money well spent! I use it everyday but I use a light touch so it might be different for other people. The little brushes and tweezer it comes with are completely useless. I invested in a Benefit slanted brush as well. I've dropped the case so many times that the latch is broken so opening the case isn't a problem for me anymore. Ha! I do remember is being difficult to open though...

Popular Brows Products