November 23, 2014 | 1930 users online

Brows - BeneFit Cosmetics - Brow-Zing in Dark

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2009 3:16:00 PM More reviews by FiGHTthaFEELiN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This looks really nice when you first apply it with the wax and then the powder filler but if you look upclose it gives your brows a sort of shine...a little distracting when you take pictures because it looks like you highlighted your brows. The dark shade looks natural with my dark hair but with sunlight it looks lighter and doesnt match so well

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2009 5:05:00 AM More reviews by piyopiyo127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this works pretty good, it last me pretty much all day. the color is natural if u use the powder to blend it out right and the wax sets/shapes it perfectly.
as w/ most things that come w/ teeny tiny cute/but not practical brushes i'd use something w/ a longer handle tho for more control tho they're not terribly bad.
the mini tweezers are the worst tho.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by hollywoodglamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Brows are more important than curing world famine. This kit will bring you more delight than possibly imaginable.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2009 1:48:00 PM More reviews by qkchan

I bought this product about 3 years ago and it still hasn't run out for me so it was definitely money well spent! I use it everyday but I use a light touch so it might be different for other people. The little brushes and tweezer it comes with are completely useless. I invested in a Benefit slanted brush as well. I've dropped the case so many times that the latch is broken so opening the case isn't a problem for me anymore. Ha! I do remember is being difficult to open though...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2009 11:06:00 AM More reviews by puppyl0ve9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got my eyebrows done for free the day I bought this. Came with a free makeover - and I was pretty indifferent about what to try until I realized I never had something to put on my eyebrows. My eyebrows are not thin, I told the MUA i wanted to keep them pretty thick, but they're definitely not full. This stuff is awesome when it comes to filling in the sparse areas. I followed exactly as the little lesson thing that comes with it and it looks completely natural looking.

My cons is the freaking packaging. I too have a hard time opening it, but its nonetheless still cute. I never used the brushes - they felt too flimsy - I use MACs 266 brush. I barely touch the tweezers - I squeezed them the first time and the ends dont even meet. o_O

Overall the product is great when you get the package open and use it with an equally great brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2009 9:14:00 AM More reviews by Julkiness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

REGARDING PACKAGING I had a lot of problems opening this compact so took a pair of pliers and broke off the little plastic catch. The compact still stays closed until when you want to use it but opens much easier. Hope that helps!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2009 11:12:00 PM More reviews by brandylee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My eyesbrows are very thin and even though I don't want them painted on full and thick, I was looking for a brow corrector what would atleast make them stand out a little more (whenever I have pictures taken the flash tends to wash them out). A worker at Sephora must have tried 10 different brow correctors and this is the only one that looked really good, HOWEVER- I only used the wax! The colored wax is PERFECT for darkening my brows just a tad. I got a sample from Sephora to take home with me because I haven't decided if I will buy this. I like the look of it, but I can't see spending $30 on something when I won't even use the other half of it!! If anyone knows of any tinted waxes that come by themselves., let me know. I really wish there was some way to get the wax on its own.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2008 10:49:00 AM More reviews by niff524

I have mixed feelings about this product....... I bought this at Selfridges, London and later regretted it cuz I should've bought it at Boots and get points on my advantage card! Haha anyways that's off-topic sorry! I bought it for 20 or something like that. Was told by the SA that it can last 2-3 years and although that seems like another exaggerated claim, I can see the compact lasting me over a year, easily. I like the packaging and the two brushes that come with it but it can be a little difficult to get the compact open sometimes! The tweezers are not very useful but I suppose no one would expect them to be. The best thing about this product is how easy it is to use. I managed to get perfect results the 2nd time I used it and I find the wax/powder form easier to control than pencil which requires a lot more precision. I use the wax first then fill in any gaps and sort of 'elongate' my over-plucked brows at the end with the powder (my right brow, due to over-plucking, stops at around 2/3 across my eye if that makes sense... So I always have to make it longer with pencil). The result is natural and well-groomed brows. However, the one thing I'm not 100% sure about is the colour. I'm Asian and am born with dark brown/black hair. I used to love dying my hair different shades of brown and always used brown eyebrow pencils to match my hair. I have now dyed my hair back to its natural colour (black) again and want my brows to match. I started off with black pencils at first and although it looked good, I thought I could've gone a little lighter and that's why I opted for Benefit Brow-zing in Dark which is a dark brown as opposed to black. However, I'm not convinced that the colour looks totally natural/ flattering on people with black hair (it probably is not supposed to anyway) because it's more of a warm brown that can come out even slightly auburn in pictures (as a reviewer has mentioned). I'd prefer an ashier dark brown which I think would look much better with my hair colour. Anyway that's just me. This compact is all in all an easy to use and handy product and a great alternative to pencils for those of you who are put off by them :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2008 5:08:00 PM More reviews by SazD

I was never happy with my eyebrows until I tried this product. I could pluck them and shape them as much as I wanted but they never looked very good or polished. I'd tried pencils in the past but I was too heavy handed with them and they made me look like a drag queen! But this product gives good definition and helps keep them in shape. I find the coloured wax is enough for me and don't often use the powder, but if I do then I only apply it lightly as it can look a bit too dark. I apply the wax first, then the powder, followed by a quick sweep of Benefit's Speed Brow to keep them in place. And lastly, for an elegant finish, use a touch more of the wax to elongate the ends of my eyebrows to make up for years of my over plucking! But it's made such a difference to my eyebrows which now seem to shape my face. They looked pretty good in my most recent photographs. Definitely a HG product. The only downside is the packaging; it can be difficult to open sometimes and can split your nails. Aside from that - brilliant! I'm now looking to buy Benefit's High Brow to draw attention to my newly arched eyebrows!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2008 5:25:00 PM More reviews by SL103

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good product and is much better than a pencil, as this fills in most gaps and above all this stays on all day even though I touch my eyebrows a lot. Down side is the packaging, the plastic compact box is very stiff and hard to open, brushes that come with the eyebrow kit are useless as it is so short you can't see your eyebrows to apply, so I had to buy the brow brush for another 11.50p.