Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub

3.9

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Polyethylene, Lauryl Glucoside, PEG 16 Soy Sterol, Glycine Soja Protein (Soybean), Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Glycol Distearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Methylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance, Laureth 4, Sodium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium EDTA

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Before purchasing this, I was using the St. Ives apricot scrub. While it was definitely a great exfoliator, it was just too harsh on my dry, sensitive skin. After having such good luck with other Aveeno products, I decided to try this. The scent is really nice! It's much lighter and slightly sweeter than the scent of the moisturizer. The scrub is gentle and I get just as good results as I did with the apricot scrub... Without the harsh drying and redness. I use this every other day and switch off with the Aveeno foaming cleanser. Will repurchase! Aveeno continues to impress me.

I've used this product for about 2 years, and I did brighten my skin and circulated my blood. However, my skin would regenerate itself and would go back to my skin tone. So it doesn't brighten your skin, even though it claims to. The smell is a lemon scent and it's pretty strong, but it's not bothering to me, because I like it. The packaging isn't so great. The first time I bought it it was super hard to open the cap. The price for this I don't remember, but I can guess that is was pretty cheap, but it wasn't that cheap. Especially if you compare the product with the results you get.. The beads in this 'scrub' are pretty tiny, but you can still feel it exfoliating your skin. It removes a sufficient amount of makeup. I recommend this to people who just want a nice 'cleanser' just to cleanse their face (=
Hope this helped!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I thought this was just an ok exfoliant. The granules are not too big, but I still found it to be slightly abrasive if you have sensitive skin or are breaking out, so I ended up finishing it up on my chest. I also did not see any brightening properties even after using half the tube, and the scent is very strong.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Love this product. I have sensitive skin and usually most exfoliating products are too harsh for my skin but the beads in this product are so small, like sand, that even rubbing a little harder doesn't irritate my skin and cleans well. The smell is divine; it just wakes you up in the morning. As for the skin brightening, I don't really notice a difference but it is definately a great cleanser. Have purchased it 4 times already and will continue to buy again. =)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

When I first used this, I liked it. My complexion was a bit brighter, but maybe that was just me. The second time I bought it...well, it did nothing. I didn't notice any change. Plus, I bought this for like $16. It feels nice on your face and has a pleasant smell and all but I think that's about it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this scrub. It isn't too harsh like some scrubs. Geeze, some of em really hurt! This smells good and gets the job done.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this scrub. I use it morning and night after Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash and my face is beginning to clear up and become smoother, softer, and more even in tone. It has no soap and no apparent fragrance, so that helps a lot if you're sensitive. The Purpose helps remove my makeup and the scrub helps with any drying on my face. I follow my whole routine with Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner and Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion with SPF 15 with Alpha Hydroxy. This helps finish the whole routine and give my skin the look and feel I like.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this scrub from a magazine I am testing products for. I didn't hate it, but I didn't like it either. Is not enough for a once or twice a week scrub, but I think it might be too much for everyday. I use it every couple of days when I remember, but I haven't replaced my regular scrub for this one. I like that it uses soy and tries to be natural. I think the beads are too small to be called a scrub. It does soften your skin a little bit. I find this product a little worthless, it is not cleanser, it is not scrub. I need one or the other, not something in between.
It is also a little too pricey.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has very very small beads that exfoliate the skin but for me it just didn't work very well. I used it at night and found my skin to be baby soft (although my skin is very rough to beginn with) but the next morning when I woke up my skin was flacky all over my nose, around my mouth and between my eyebrows. :(
I have sensitive skin but that was just ridiculous.

I'm normally wary of scrubs, because my skin is so sensitive. My sister left a tube of this at my house. My face felt like sandpaper when I woke up this morning. So I used it with warm water. Not irritating at all! Washed off easily and left my skin feeling much smoother! Highly recommend!