Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub

3.9

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Polyethylene, Lauryl Glucoside, PEG 16 Soy Sterol, Glycine Soja Protein (Soybean), Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Glycol Distearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Methylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance, Laureth 4, Sodium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium EDTA

on 2/16/2010 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I thought this was just an ok exfoliant. The granules are not too big, but I still found it to be slightly abrasive if you have sensitive skin or are breaking out, so I ended up finishing it up on my chest. I also did not see any brightening properties even after using half the tube, and the scent is very strong.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Love this product. I have sensitive skin and usually most exfoliating products are too harsh for my skin but the beads in this product are so small, like sand, that even rubbing a little harder doesn't irritate my skin and cleans well. The smell is divine; it just wakes you up in the morning. As for the skin brightening, I don't really notice a difference but it is definately a great cleanser. Have purchased it 4 times already and will continue to buy again. =)

on 2/11/2010 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

When I first used this, I liked it. My complexion was a bit brighter, but maybe that was just me. The second time I bought it...well, it did nothing. I didn't notice any change. Plus, I bought this for like $16. It feels nice on your face and has a pleasant smell and all but I think that's about it.

on 2/2/2010 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this scrub. It isn't too harsh like some scrubs. Geeze, some of em really hurt! This smells good and gets the job done.

on 1/30/2010 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this scrub. I use it morning and night after Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash and my face is beginning to clear up and become smoother, softer, and more even in tone. It has no soap and no apparent fragrance, so that helps a lot if you're sensitive. The Purpose helps remove my makeup and the scrub helps with any drying on my face. I follow my whole routine with Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner and Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion with SPF 15 with Alpha Hydroxy. This helps finish the whole routine and give my skin the look and feel I like.

on 1/28/2010 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this scrub from a magazine I am testing products for. I didn't hate it, but I didn't like it either. Is not enough for a once or twice a week scrub, but I think it might be too much for everyday. I use it every couple of days when I remember, but I haven't replaced my regular scrub for this one. I like that it uses soy and tries to be natural. I think the beads are too small to be called a scrub. It does soften your skin a little bit. I find this product a little worthless, it is not cleanser, it is not scrub. I need one or the other, not something in between.
It is also a little too pricey.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has very very small beads that exfoliate the skin but for me it just didn't work very well. I used it at night and found my skin to be baby soft (although my skin is very rough to beginn with) but the next morning when I woke up my skin was flacky all over my nose, around my mouth and between my eyebrows. :(
I have sensitive skin but that was just ridiculous.

on 1/4/2010 12:32:00 PM

I'm normally wary of scrubs, because my skin is so sensitive. My sister left a tube of this at my house. My face felt like sandpaper when I woke up this morning. So I used it with warm water. Not irritating at all! Washed off easily and left my skin feeling much smoother! Highly recommend!

so i got this product bc of the good reviews, and even though i have acne i wanted a daily scrub since its wintertime. im glad i bought it! it has a nice smell. it has very small beads, so it does exfoliate but it could be used daily. i didnt like how it doesnt lather and i didnt think it would do much as i was scrubbing my skin. but when i rinsed it off and dryed my face the results were superb. my skin felt moisturized and soft. love this product!

on 12/23/2009 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's a daily scrub because the beads are very fine which means it's very gentle on the skin. It did leave my skin smooth but it isn't strong enough for when I want to use a scrub to really exfoliate. Or should I say this is more like a cleanser with a mild exfoliation?