Philosophy Amazing Grace Bath, Shampoo & Shower Gel

3.8

on 9/21/2007 11:08:00 AM

I bought this in hopes of jumping on the Philosophy band wagon as I have only heard raves about this product. So I went to the Cosmetics Market and bought my $22 container. Jumped in the shower and....blech. The smell was ok, but this stuff did not lather up AT ALL.

I am highly disappointed and will not be repurchasing again. Actually, them more I think about it, the smell was that of soap and water--but the soap fragrance of that used in public restrooms...not attractive.

on 9/14/2007 1:20:00 PM

I was really impressed by how soft this product made my hair feel. I haven't really used it as a shower gel because it worked so well on my hair.

on 8/28/2007 3:57:00 PM

There isn't an option for "Maybe" in response to "Would you buy this product again?" so I did put "Yes." However, my response would be "Maybe." I do enjoy the scent of Amazing Grace (although I think I prefer both Pure Grace and Inner Grace), and the shower gel delivers that scent. However, it is so thick and doesn't spread well that you have to use gobs of it to clean your body - and I am only 4'9" so I don't have as much body as most people!!! I even cut the shower gel with some camellia oil, and it is still thick and doesn't spread well. Oh well. It still smells delicious and I do like the way it cleans, even if I have to use a lot of it!

EDIT: I have changed my mind - I *love* this! I bought a full-size bottle. I used it on my hair, and it cleans well. Granted, you have to use A LOT to wash your hair. Followed by the Amazing Grace Conditioner, my hair feels GREAT! :)

on 8/19/2007 4:52:00 AM

I don't use this product for anything but a shampoo. I love this as a shampoo mostly for its beautiful scent that lasts all day. It cleans my hair pretty well, although if I don't use conditioner it's extremely dry (but this is the case with all shampoos for me). I don't really suggest it for its skin care, but if you love the scent you will want it always!

on 8/6/2007 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

this is my hg body wash, i love the fragrance! it is my favorite scent of all time i think. it is very creamy, great to shave with, lathers well with a loofah. i have not used it as a shampoo, but i pair it with the firming body emulsion after showers, and the smell really lasts.

on 6/24/2007 2:14:00 AM

I usually love Philosophy's 3 in 1's, but I was underwhelmed by this one. I bought it unsmelled due to all the hype and was disappointed. To me it smells like a mix of grapefruit and musk. It works just fine and leaves my skin soft, but I wouldn't buy it again. I prefer Pure Grace and some of Philosophy's other scents to this one.

on 6/14/2007 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love this bath/shower gel. Was hesitant at first as lots of their fragrances are very fruity. Grace makes you feel very clean and you don't overpower. It makes a wonderful gift as well, due to packaging and price point. A nice, inexpensive product to try if you are bored with current product you are using and don't want to break the bank.

on 6/12/2007 10:26:00 AM

I like the gel and I'm finally getting smart and ordering the giant size with the pump. I agree it doesn't last too long on the skin after a shower but at least its scent is true to the EDT, which isn't the case with the lotions. I have color treated hair and use it sometimes as a shampoo as well.

on 5/25/2007 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This smells good, I've always liked the Amazing Grace scent. I have tried it as a shampoo and body wash. This stuff completely stripped everything out of my hair. I had to use a handful of conditioner to even be able to untangle it after I rinsed it out. I liked it as a shower gel, smells good while you are sudsing up but the scent washes right down the drain with the suds. For the price I feel I should be able to smell this stuff on my skin after I get out of the shower not just while I am in the shower using it. (I've also tried the lotion, it smells good but the scent fades fast and it doesn't moisturize for a long period of time) I am leary of trying other Philosophy products due to the high cost for their products and I don't feel this "lived up" to what they said it would. I will definately not purchase this again and more than likely not try any other Philosophy products.

on 5/18/2007 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this stuff! I have such a hard time with my scalp, everything makes it itch, this is a nice change. The smell is subtle so it doesn't overwhelm and it leaves my skin nice & soft. I wish it wasn't so expensive, but I rationalize it does the work of 3 products!