October 21, 2014 | 894 users online

Concealers - Sonia Kashuk - Hidden Agenda Concealer Kit

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by wonderdreamz

Honestly i think if you are NC 30 and higher i would avoid buying this concealer because it might be too light for you. This concealer is okay, nothing special. Can be a bit drying but for a cream concealer its alright. I wouldn't recommend it though. I currently use this because of the peachy concealer which cover my undereye circles okay but i have to use foundation to get the coverage i desire.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2011 10:46:00 AM More reviews by snoopy68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this concealer !!! This is the best concealer, in my opinion, hands-down sold on the market, and I have used many in the past. The concealer literally sinks into my dark under-eye circles and makes them disappear flawlessly. There is no disconcerting racoon-eye effect. The product does not cake into fine lines like a lot of other concealers, whether drug-store or high-end brands. I mix the lighter yellow-tone base with greenish-tone base and my dark circles literally disappear. I also use the greenish-tone concealer around the corners of my nose, and also to conceal acne and it covers flawlessly. I like the palette packaging. It is very compact and portable, thus making it excellent for travel.
At about $10.00 at Target, the quality of the product, and how long it will last, I consider this cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by graceoira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall rating - I always use the first section of this palette. I use the second one if I need to cover up a blemish or something. I never use the neutralizer (people say you're supposed to use it before the colored concealers, but I use it without it and it looks just fine!). The translucent powder, too, is pretty useless. I wish they only had the individual colors as the product to get my money's worth.

Price - Almost 10 bucks from Target. If you ask me, that's a bit much for something so small.

Packaging quality - Compact. I leave it in my purse, in case I need to touch up on something, which I rarely do, but you never know!

Repurchase (Y/N): I will always repurchase this! Sometimes, they run out at Target, but since they don't sell it anywhere else, just go to the next Target location, and they'll be sure to have it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this concealer palette. Excellent colors to choose from, my favorite is the one with the green tint that effortlessly covers the redness on my cheeks. This is the only concealer that comes in a "pot" form that I've tried from the d/s that isn't greasy and actually provides awesome coverage! Unfortunately, as much as I love creamy concealers, they always cake up under my eyes and this one was no exception. The salmon colored one really does counteract my undereye circles, but sadly it looks unnatural and disgusting after a few hours. The lightest shade I'll probably use in the wintertime. The powder is obsolete when it comes to me.. it claims to be translucent but it gives off a crazy white cast. I wish they would just extend the green one across. Would repurchase for that one alone! :]

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by jesusfrkxpanda

I really wanted to like this after watching xteener's rave about it.
Sadly, it's cakey on me. My under eye area is pretty dry so even after applying moisturizing the area with an eye cream, this does not work :/
The powder is horrible too. Don't use it!!
I like the green color to neutralize my acne scars but other than that, I won't repurchase.
-------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: I went back to it after hating it. Now I love it. I still don't use it for my dark circles but I use it for any imperfections on my face. It's creamy and has decent enough coverage to cover them up. I use the light shade and salmon shade - sometimes I mix them to match the color for my skin. Pretty good! I'm gonna buy one more before I leave for Korea!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by missxcow

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this concealer! The texture is so creamy! It's very pigmented and doesn't crease or cake up! I apply this either with my fingers if I'm in a hurry or my Mac 224 for an air brushed finish. This comes with 3 concealers a green undertone to counteract redness, a salmon color to counteract dark blue circles, a neutral tone, and a setting powder.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For me, this is concealer perfection. I'm the person who always ends up buying two concealers and mixing them to get the right color. So for me this is a bargain. I love the small, sleek, and sturdy packaging. It's perfect for traveling. Mixing the two beige concealers perfectly covers my undereye circles without the horrible reverse racoon eyes that most give me. The color match is perfect- not too yellow or pink.

Fades/creases.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by NanoBabes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So disappointed that this didn't work for me. I liked the concept of a neutralizer and a darker and lighter concealer to customize a shade on top of a neutralized blemish.
But, as usual, the reason why I can never buy cheap drugstore concealer, the shades didn't match my NC42 complexion. I was a little confused, because everyone here on MUA has referred to the lighter concealer as a salmon neutralizer. On the SK website and in other reviews, it was implied that the olive concealer was to neutralize, and the top two concealers were for customizing a shade to layer on top. I was hoping that everyone on MUA was wrong, since pinkish concealers don't work on me, except for under my eyes (and this concealer is too dry for my undereye area). But alas, not only was the top left concealer too pinkish, but the top right concealer by itself was too light for my skin tone.
Also, the consistency was terrible for me. I was expecting a creamier consistency, like my MAC Studio Finish concealer. But it didn't really slide on my concealer brush or my face with much ease. It was sort of dry. It didn't really adhere to my face, but kind of sat on top and had a sort of powdery finish, which didn't make it very blendable.
And now for a rant ... I've been reviewing concealers I've used in the past while also hunting down the perfect concealer for my skin condition and complexion. It really pisses me off that it's so hard to find a concealer to match my skin tone (Maybelline Mineral Power would be my HG if it matched. They have a darker shade, but it is too "cool"). Especially since I'm currently taking a class in multiculturalism, I've become more aware of how minorities are being dismissed by the mainstream even though we're not in the "minority" whatsoever. There are specific makeup companies that cater to this, but I would think major brands would consider it more. So, it especially infuriates me that Sonia Kashuk only has ONE concealer for women of a specific skintone. You could argue that it's a palette, but it's a palette designed for one type of complexion. Sorry for going off on a tangent, but I do think it's relevant to the product and the company behind it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by silverwing99

I got one of these in a swap and I am very happy I did! I have a warm med complexion and this is perfect! Staying power is decent - I work 12hrs shifts and it starts to fade after about 8hrs. I was looking for a less expensive replacement for my philosophy concealer palette and I believe this palette does the trick. I do wish there was a brush included but I just use the philosophy one. I love the powder that comes with it - I use this to cover up spots here and there and the powder sets it very nicely. Coverage is good too but you have to layer once or twice. In general a great palette and will def purchase if I see it at my local Target.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by saralee202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this concealer a lot. I have strayed looking for something a bit better but I always come back. Not saying I wont keep looking but I like having this on backup. I am bummed they took out the little brushes because those were helpful on the go! This is kind of hard to find, I am not sure if my Target doesn't stock it or just sells out quickly. The lighter color is perfect for me and I really love the powder, too. I don't use the other shades at all.