April 20, 2014 | 1617 users online

Concealers - Sonia Kashuk - Hidden Agenda Concealer Kit

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For me, this is concealer perfection. I'm the person who always ends up buying two concealers and mixing them to get the right color. So for me this is a bargain. I love the small, sleek, and sturdy packaging. It's perfect for traveling. Mixing the two beige concealers perfectly covers my undereye circles without the horrible reverse racoon eyes that most give me. The color match is perfect- not too yellow or pink.

Fades/creases.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by NanoBabes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So disappointed that this didn't work for me. I liked the concept of a neutralizer and a darker and lighter concealer to customize a shade on top of a neutralized blemish.
But, as usual, the reason why I can never buy cheap drugstore concealer, the shades didn't match my NC42 complexion. I was a little confused, because everyone here on MUA has referred to the lighter concealer as a salmon neutralizer. On the SK website and in other reviews, it was implied that the olive concealer was to neutralize, and the top two concealers were for customizing a shade to layer on top. I was hoping that everyone on MUA was wrong, since pinkish concealers don't work on me, except for under my eyes (and this concealer is too dry for my undereye area). But alas, not only was the top left concealer too pinkish, but the top right concealer by itself was too light for my skin tone.
Also, the consistency was terrible for me. I was expecting a creamier consistency, like my MAC Studio Finish concealer. But it didn't really slide on my concealer brush or my face with much ease. It was sort of dry. It didn't really adhere to my face, but kind of sat on top and had a sort of powdery finish, which didn't make it very blendable.
And now for a rant ... I've been reviewing concealers I've used in the past while also hunting down the perfect concealer for my skin condition and complexion. It really pisses me off that it's so hard to find a concealer to match my skin tone (Maybelline Mineral Power would be my HG if it matched. They have a darker shade, but it is too "cool"). Especially since I'm currently taking a class in multiculturalism, I've become more aware of how minorities are being dismissed by the mainstream even though we're not in the "minority" whatsoever. There are specific makeup companies that cater to this, but I would think major brands would consider it more. So, it especially infuriates me that Sonia Kashuk only has ONE concealer for women of a specific skintone. You could argue that it's a palette, but it's a palette designed for one type of complexion. Sorry for going off on a tangent, but I do think it's relevant to the product and the company behind it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by silverwing99

I got one of these in a swap and I am very happy I did! I have a warm med complexion and this is perfect! Staying power is decent - I work 12hrs shifts and it starts to fade after about 8hrs. I was looking for a less expensive replacement for my philosophy concealer palette and I believe this palette does the trick. I do wish there was a brush included but I just use the philosophy one. I love the powder that comes with it - I use this to cover up spots here and there and the powder sets it very nicely. Coverage is good too but you have to layer once or twice. In general a great palette and will def purchase if I see it at my local Target.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by saralee202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this concealer a lot. I have strayed looking for something a bit better but I always come back. Not saying I wont keep looking but I like having this on backup. I am bummed they took out the little brushes because those were helpful on the go! This is kind of hard to find, I am not sure if my Target doesn't stock it or just sells out quickly. The lighter color is perfect for me and I really love the powder, too. I don't use the other shades at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2011 8:16:00 AM More reviews by PolkaDotGlam

The creamy consistency of this foundation is impressive. It does not settle into lines and it's great for year round use with the different shades. What a quality product. I've found that using a finger to apply this is best to warm the concealer. It doesn't go on as nicely with a brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by lauralovebug

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love it. Blends flawlessly into my skin and has the perfect consistency for a concealer. Not too soft, not too tacky. Love the fact that it has a powder to set everything too. I am very picky about concealers, and always looking for new ones. I am very pleased with this. Will repurchase again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Adi96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this product is good, NOT great. It applies nice and does cover up dark circles but anything besides dark circles.......does not work at all. The green concealed is awesome, and the light one is good for highlight. The consistency of all of them isn't so fantastic, but hey, it got the job done.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by basicave

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best concealer I've used. I use the salmon color for under my eyes. The greenish color for redness. For old acne scarring I use both the green and salmon. And I use the pale color for any places that needs additional brightening. I find this to not settle in lines around my eyes and it stay on for a long time. I also have dry skin so I find concealers to really bring out the dryness but this concealer doesn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 8:41:00 AM More reviews by rshim09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this after watching reviews on YT. I'm really glad I did because I really love this concealer. I use it to cover blemishes and dark circles and works perfectly. It also last all day so I don't have to worry about reapplying.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 2:22:00 AM More reviews by sbrie011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really love this concealer. To start off, I am not a concealer person, which I know is strange for my age because a lot of people think that younger girls should just wear concealer rather than foundation. I'm not one of those girls, I love foundations. Recently I've been really tired looking from lack of sleep, so decided to try this out. I love it. The salmon color does wonders for my under eyes. The consistency is pretty thick, and covers blemishes pretty well, I do notice that it can be a bit cakey when layered with foundation, so I try to use it sparingly. Overall I love this, and would repurchase!