Clinique Rinse-Off Eye Makeup Solvent

3.2

Water, peg-32, butylene glycol, disodium cocoamphodiacetate, peg-6, trisodium edta, phenoxyethanol

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I do not know why, but this eye makeup solvent stings my eyes. The ingredients look all fine, so it might be the pH or salt concentration. I have received several free bottles over the years - it used to feature more in Clinique Bonus Time gifts before the Take the Day Off remover was introduced - but could not use them because of the stinging. Too bad, especially since it is getting more and more difficult to find single phase eye-makeup removers nowadays.

I was really surprised that I had a reaction to this product. While using this I experienced a burning sensation then after wards my eyes were quite red and swollen. Luckily rinsing my eye area with cool water followed up with a cool compress relieved my sore eyes, but I won't be using this again.

The Clinique Rinse-Off Eye Makeup Solvent is very gentle on my eyelids and around my eye area. It's 100% fragrance free and doesn't leave an oily residue which is awesome because before this I always used oil pads to remove my eye makeup. After using those I always had to wash my face for a couple minutes to get rid of the annoying oil. It even sometimes got into my eyes and caused my lids to redden and my eyes were bloodshot afterwards. I looked like a zombie! That's not the case with this Clinique Makeup Remover. You just have to rinse it off quickly and continue applying your face creams/moisturizer/etc. The only bad thing about it is, that after you wash it off your face, it makes your skin kind of sticky. Of course, it won't be sticky if you use your face creams on top of it, but I usually never apply any cream on my face after removing my make-up, so it's pretty sticky on me. Even after washing it off.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Been using this product for over a year and I do like it. My eyes are very sensitive and this makeup remover doesn't burn them like many others do. It does a pretty good job removing my eye makeup, but the only brands I know to compare it to didn't work well at all.

All in all, I see no reason not to purchase this again though first I'd like to try other, well-reviewed ones to find out if there's much of a difference. This one does what I need it to do and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
Update/edit: I do love this eye makeup remover and have purchased a second bottle now. It's nice that it's not oily and doesn't leave a residue on my eye area.

Surprised to see all of the negative experiences with this product. I've been using this for 15 years and haven't found anything better. Rinses clean all of the eye make-up with no unpleasantness. Very pure and clear solution.

Burning sensation! I looked like the hunchback of notre dame the next day my eyes were soo swollen...missed a few days of work because of it. Never again will I try it!

I never had any burning or allergic reaction. I just found that this didn't work at all. I guess you could say I had some irritation and redness after scrubbing for so long! Even after that I still had to wash some more to rinse the oily residue.

I prefer MAC's eye make up remover.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I didn't have any problems with stinging in my eyes, as I think other people have reported. But I did have an allergic skin reaction to this product.

Even if you don't have sensitive skin, I wouldn't recommend this product because I think it's very rough and irritating to the skin. There are many other products available that are gentler and which remove makeup just as well.

I don't normally have problems with Clinique products; in fact, most of my skin care is from Clinique. This one just didn't work out for me.

It's too bad, because it did actually do a very good job of removing my eye makeup without rubbing.

Luckily Clinique gives out a lot of samples so I keep getting these for free! It's your standard eye makeup remover. It's gentle so it doesn't irritate your eyes, but it's nothing amazing. It takes a few wipes to get everything off. ok but not really worth the money unless you just love buying clinique items.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Very easy to use, gentle, and not oily. Most make up removers I've tried makes the eyes all oily, and I'd have to lather it up with soap, which causing my eyes to be all dry...and still my eyes will be left with mascara and make up. But not this make up remover...apply with cotton pad with a swipe, and the make up has been removed. I like it due to the non-oily feel, gentle solution, and that it does not clog my pores. I feel it is very important to remove make up before bedtime, so this make up remover makes it easy to do so. I even use it for lips and face too! :)