Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream

3.5

Purified water; tridecyl stearate, tridecyl trimellitate, dipentaerythrityl hexacaprylate/hexacaprate, butylene glycol, glyceryl stearate, coconut oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, polyethylene, cetearyl alcohol, ceteareth-20, sorbitol, isocetyl stearate, bisabolol, disodium cocoamphodipropionate, oleth-10 phosphate, tea-carbomer, stearyl alcohol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben.

I actually got a promo coupon in my Allure magazine for a free deluxe size tube of this 7-day scrub (with the purchase of any item at Clinique) NOW i'm hooked. It's a necessity in my facial routine. I don't use it everyday, more like every 2 days. It leaves my skin looking fresh and vibrant and gently scrubs away all the dead skin and build up.

When I first tried this scrub in my oily youth, I absolutely hated it. It left (and still leaves) a thick greasy layer on my face even after I rinse. But now that I'm older and drier, I can see the advantage. I use this now only in the winter and once or twice a week, but I have to follow with a quick wash with Dove or some other cleanser to get most of the grease layer off. After that, my face feels really good - well exfoliated and moisturized. In summer I prefer the exfoliating scrub for the the powerful scrubbing action. This one has fewer beads/scrubbies and tons more emolients.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I got this as a GWP and have been using it every 2-3 days for the last couple of weeks, and probably still have another two or more weeks to go before it's near gone. What I really like about this scrub is that it's abrasive without being too harsh. My serum and moisturizer gllliiiide over my skin and absorb beautifully. I have very dry skin and I like that this scrub actually adds moisture as it scruffs away dry, flaky skin, leaving me with soft, plump skin. I definitely recommend it to dry - very dry skin types looking for a manual exfoliant because it will not accentuate dryness and actually adds moisture. I think that, for this reason, it is also an *amazing* lip scrub! My lips flake all the time in the winter and this has been helping a lot with that. I will definitely buy the full sized product when this 1oz tube is gone, unless I see that it's in another GWP; I'll buy something else I want and just get another free tube that will last me a month or more. :) I'd like to note that I use AHA. On days when I pair this with my AHA, my skin looks gorgeous, smooth, and feels soft to the touch. I'm more of a chemical exfoliant girl, but will be using this from now on because it has its merits.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Hands down, best freakin' exfoliator I have ever used in my life! It's so amazing, smaller beads that really exfoliate well, but it is not harsh at all, skin feels refreshed and clean afterward. I highly reccomend!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm surprised at the bad reviews for this product, it's my HG facial scrub. I've tried lots of different brands but 7DSC is the best for me. The consistancy is what sets it apart from others imo. The granules are densely packed into the cream so you don't feel as if you just rub them off your face after ten seconds. As long as my skin is just damp and not wet or dry it works really well. I recommend wringing out a damp cloth and wiping off any excess water from your face. This creates the ideal conditions so that the cream moves smoothly over your face as you rub it in and doesn't feel too rough or not rough enough! Used twice a week, rubbed in for about a minute my skin feels smooth and soft, and it rinses off easily. Another bonus of this product is Clinique usually gives it away with their GWP so the last 4 or 5 tubes I've had of this have been free!

I just started using Cliniques Acne Solutions 3 step program for my mild acne. It works great but my skin has NEVER been so dry! I couldn't stand it anymore so I went to a Clinique counter and told a woman about my situation. I walked away with this scrub and their moisturizer. THIS SCRUB SAVED ME. I was SOOO flaky and all I did was scrub this over my DRY MAKEUP FREE SKIN before I washed my face and so on. It INSTANTLY made my skin look better. I love it sooo much. You'll see a difference right away! I suggest this and their moisturizer for anyone who is suffering with dry skin! :D

This product made my face feel very fresh and clean. I actually havent used it in years since I want to stop using clinique products because I feel they dont do anything for me anymore. I do recommend it but i think there are other products out there that give the same results for a cheaper price.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this on a whim this weekend thinking it won some award for allure. I looked up the review on MUA after purchasing and thought ooh I shouldn't of wasted my money. I ended up trying it instead of returning it. The scrubbies are pretty rough/harsh. I don't know if it will go for everyday use (what I'm looking for) but my skin was pretty soft after using.

I got this as a GWP and it's average. My boyfriend and I used it for a week or so exclusively and I think it made us both break out - we are both acne prone. It didn't dry out my skin which I guess is good, but it doesn't go very far - it's very thick.
Apparently this is not supposed to be a cleanser - what is it with Clinique and a trillion step regime - I want my products to multi-task. I doubt this is reasonably priced but it may suit someone.
I tend to prefer chemical exfoliators (I used to like the scratchiness but if you pay attention to your skin scratching isn't more effective). I'm sticking with my current HG exfoliant Neutrogena Pore Refiner.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

A good scrub for everyday use, IF you don't use much at a time. Exfoliators can feel more harsh the more product you use. SO if you have a problem with the severity of it. Try cutting down the amount you use on your face. Its not intended to be 'extra gentle' even if it does state that somewhere, because other wise it would be so gentle it wouldn't even do anything.
I would call this more of a daily scrub than a weekly exfoliator. i would reccomend using a small amount of this only once ever one or 2 days then a more heavy duty exfoliator per week.
I have sensitive/normal/sometimes combination but this product hasn't caused a reaction yet which is a good sign.