October 21, 2014 | 1659 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Superbalanced Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 3:23:00 AM More reviews by CStarr5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I just switched to this brand after years of using drugstore brands such as Maybelline,Revlon,L'Oreal and Covergirl.I prefer Clinique over the drugstore brands because they are fragrance free and they leave your skin feeling baby smooth.I bought this foundation in Ivory and it was a perfect match.Does not dry out your skin at all like the cheaper brands sometimes do.This foundation lasts all day and night.Also a little goes a long way.It is a little expensive but, there are other brands that cost a lot more and probably cannot compare to the quality of Clinique.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Nai89

I Used to use Clinique's Superfit foundation until they sadly discontinued it. I started using this one and I have to say I think I prefer it.

This is the perfect foundation for me- it balances my combination skin, doesnt dry out my cheeks, goes on smoothly, doesnt cling to the eyebrows or sink into creases. But most importantly; it leaves a dewy finish. I hate matt foundations as they can look cakey and un-natural but this one leaves my skin glowing and gives that all important 'no make-up, makeup look'!

I have strayed from this foundation a couple of times but others just dont compare, this doesnt break me out like a lot of others do, and its oil free and fragrance free.

The one thing that lets this foundation down (apart from the price) is that it doesnt have a pump and tends to go everywhere, HOWEVER I recently bought a MAC foundation pump for £3.50 and it fits perfectly! So problem solved!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by McErlean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am on to my second bottle of this product and I still love it. The shade looks great on me and it gives the exact coverage I want.

Only downside is the lack of pump on the packaging!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by brittymegan

I've been using this foundation for 4 years and it is my holy grail foundation! This product doesn't break me out, and it covers blemishes without looking cakey. It doesn't make me oily, and it's pretty moisterizing. I get mine at Sears and it's about $27, even though that is pricey the bottle lasts me a good year! And I use it everyday! The finish isn't completely matte or dewy, it's very natural looking,

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 3:38:00 AM More reviews by Browneyedgirl64

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. I've been using it for over 2 years. It does not break me out and its light weight. I can't even feel it. The coverage isn't as good but with a little bit of powder to set it, it looks great!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by ChocolatCake

I think I *may* have found my HG foundation. I was wearing Revlon PR for a long time, and I liked it, BUT the sparkle in the formula would look a little much in sunlight. I still like to wear it out for a night on the town, though. Anyway, I came across Superbalanced on accident when my mom was shopping for makeup. I liked the thin, yet emollient, consistency. It blends very well and holds the oily in my skin VERY well (with a primer, of course). I don't have to powder between my classes anymore which is very nice. The only gripe I have is that I hate the bottle. I wish it would come with a pump SO BADLY. I hate glass bottles that are wide-mouthed. Other than that, great, natural looking coverage that keeps my oil at bay. Thumbs up!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by itsiliii

Alright on my search for a great liquid foundation I decided to try this.

My biggest complain with this product was that no shade matched me well. The nude beige- although it first looked good on me- oxidized into a crazy dark orange color and made me look like an oompa loompa. I tried a shade down and it was too pink. Nothing really matched my light goden skin :/

Second complain is the packaging, the packaging is pretty bad. I really like the glass bottle...but alas no pump :p Thus you have to hold the bottle downward until the foundation finally decides to show itself. I don't find this very sanitary AND it wastes more product than you have to :p

Onto the positives, the coverage is a nice medium, it definitely covered most of my hyperpigmentaion. Second the oil control on this stuff is pretty good. It kept me from getting oily as quick (although it did eventually happen) it was good oil control than other foundations have provided.

If you find a color match id definitely recommend it though!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by Birdluvr

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this. I've been searching for foundation for years, and have never found a match. I have this foundation in Cream. The girl at the makeup counter matched it perfectly but its so perfect, that it makes me look pale, I can see it on my skin, it settles into the fine lines and makes me look older. My skin is light with broken capillaries around certain areas of my face so it covers up those fine. I also use their pressed power and that actually doesnt settle into the lines and looks better on my skin although it doesnt last as long and i have to do touchups throughout the day so im going back to using powder. I dont like the way liquid foundation looks on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by kmc93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

To be fair, I think I was colour-matched incorrectly at the counter. No one ever believes me when I say I need the lightest colour, so I was sold Petal. The colour looks perfect in the bottle but on my face it is almost orange. I recently decided to try this product again and I still find it not very wearable. It blends okay (not the best) but I find it actually makes my usually dry skin feel kind of oily, which I hate. I would definitely not use it in the summer, although the shade I have it in would only match my skin when I am more tanned.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2012 3:30:00 AM More reviews by ahoyahoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really did love this foundation when I first bought it, but over time I've come to the conclusion that it just doesn't cut it. I have relatively dry skin and when it's first applied, it makes my skin look healthy, smooth and perfected - much better than anything else i've ever tried. However, regardless of whether I use a primer or set it with powder or do both, I can't seem to make it last the day through. I've found that my face, particularly my forehead looks shiny after a few hours and little of my foundation is still on my face at the end of the day. Having said that, I've never been one to do touch ups, blot or powder during the day. So if that doesn't bother you then I'd definitely say to go grab a sample. Or if you're someone who doesn't have a problem with oil or never seems to have shine break through your foundation then I would definitely recommend it, but for us folk with the tendency to get oil in the t-zone, the search continues!