September 18, 2014 | 1681 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Superbalanced Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 3:38:00 AM More reviews by Browneyedgirl64

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. I've been using it for over 2 years. It does not break me out and its light weight. I can't even feel it. The coverage isn't as good but with a little bit of powder to set it, it looks great!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by ChocolatCake

I think I *may* have found my HG foundation. I was wearing Revlon PR for a long time, and I liked it, BUT the sparkle in the formula would look a little much in sunlight. I still like to wear it out for a night on the town, though. Anyway, I came across Superbalanced on accident when my mom was shopping for makeup. I liked the thin, yet emollient, consistency. It blends very well and holds the oily in my skin VERY well (with a primer, of course). I don't have to powder between my classes anymore which is very nice. The only gripe I have is that I hate the bottle. I wish it would come with a pump SO BADLY. I hate glass bottles that are wide-mouthed. Other than that, great, natural looking coverage that keeps my oil at bay. Thumbs up!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by itsiliii

Alright on my search for a great liquid foundation I decided to try this.

My biggest complain with this product was that no shade matched me well. The nude beige- although it first looked good on me- oxidized into a crazy dark orange color and made me look like an oompa loompa. I tried a shade down and it was too pink. Nothing really matched my light goden skin :/

Second complain is the packaging, the packaging is pretty bad. I really like the glass bottle...but alas no pump :p Thus you have to hold the bottle downward until the foundation finally decides to show itself. I don't find this very sanitary AND it wastes more product than you have to :p

Onto the positives, the coverage is a nice medium, it definitely covered most of my hyperpigmentaion. Second the oil control on this stuff is pretty good. It kept me from getting oily as quick (although it did eventually happen) it was good oil control than other foundations have provided.

If you find a color match id definitely recommend it though!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by Birdluvr

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this. I've been searching for foundation for years, and have never found a match. I have this foundation in Cream. The girl at the makeup counter matched it perfectly but its so perfect, that it makes me look pale, I can see it on my skin, it settles into the fine lines and makes me look older. My skin is light with broken capillaries around certain areas of my face so it covers up those fine. I also use their pressed power and that actually doesnt settle into the lines and looks better on my skin although it doesnt last as long and i have to do touchups throughout the day so im going back to using powder. I dont like the way liquid foundation looks on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by kmc93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

To be fair, I think I was colour-matched incorrectly at the counter. No one ever believes me when I say I need the lightest colour, so I was sold Petal. The colour looks perfect in the bottle but on my face it is almost orange. I recently decided to try this product again and I still find it not very wearable. It blends okay (not the best) but I find it actually makes my usually dry skin feel kind of oily, which I hate. I would definitely not use it in the summer, although the shade I have it in would only match my skin when I am more tanned.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2012 3:30:00 AM More reviews by ahoyahoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really did love this foundation when I first bought it, but over time I've come to the conclusion that it just doesn't cut it. I have relatively dry skin and when it's first applied, it makes my skin look healthy, smooth and perfected - much better than anything else i've ever tried. However, regardless of whether I use a primer or set it with powder or do both, I can't seem to make it last the day through. I've found that my face, particularly my forehead looks shiny after a few hours and little of my foundation is still on my face at the end of the day. Having said that, I've never been one to do touch ups, blot or powder during the day. So if that doesn't bother you then I'd definitely say to go grab a sample. Or if you're someone who doesn't have a problem with oil or never seems to have shine break through your foundation then I would definitely recommend it, but for us folk with the tendency to get oil in the t-zone, the search continues!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2012 2:56:00 AM More reviews by mel567

When I first bought this, I thought it was going to change my world. As I got older, it just did not make me happy. It doesn't blend evenly, it makes your skin look very cakey, and it smells like paint. Definitely not a re-purchase product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by LilBubLea

I was colour matched perfectly by the women at the Clinique counter. I really like this product. Through a series of questions regarding my skin type, I was recommended this product. I have an oily t-zone and my cheeks can be very dry.

My cheeks are fully hydrated throughout the day (I also use moisturiser before putting this on too), the staying power lasts a good full working day.

Only cons is that my nose still gets oily and I can look a little shiny if I don't use a finishing powder. Other than that it's a great foundation. It glides on easily using a foundation brush and blends in extremely well making my face looking so smooth.

Another con is probably the packaging. Whist it looks amazing I will more than likely have a problem getting all of it out when I'm almost done as there is no pump.

Bear in mind that this product could probably look better if I used a matte primer before I out this on.

Will definitely re-purchase :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Claiireee

Just had to return this, I have an oily t zone and dry cheeks and this seemed to make my t zone much oiler and clung to the dry patches, about two hours after I'd applied it, it was just in blotchy patches on my face. I've given it a 2 as the colour was a really good match for my pale skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by mntrinemo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After using Cliniques Stay True oil free foundation for years I needed something more moisturizing and this is what was recommended. Coverage was quite sheer and didn't seem to last even until noon. It wore off unevenly and left pigment clumps. This happened even after topping off with loose powder. I expected more