Clinique Superbalanced Foundation

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Isotetracosane, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Tocopheryl Acetate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Coconut Acid, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Lecithin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Polyethylene, Alumina, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides Updated: 7/5/2013 New formulation

on 8/23/2012 9:17:00 PM

Ive used this foundation for a full bottle now, approx 3 months daily. If you want it to last until the end of your day you have to put on a lot in the morning as it wears off after a few hours. Also, as someone with t-zone issues my face still looks very oily by the end of the day, even with powder over it. Overall, its ok. I have very acne prone skin and this hasnt flaired up any breakouts so that is very nice. I plan to explore other brands for my next foundation purchase

on 8/17/2012 10:34:00 AM

I have quite mixed views towards this product. This was my first foundation and I absolutely loved it, I used to have very oily skin which is now combination and I honestly believe that's due to this product. My skin care stayed exactly the same and the only thing that changed was I started using the Clinique Superbalanced and my skin cleared right up. I broke out less and this was able to absorb excess oil. I used this foundation religiously for almost two years before I started to grow a bit sceptical of it.

I previously only ever wore foundation if I was going out in the evening for a night out with friends but as I started to wear it more during the day I didn't like it as much. I'm in the shade Linen and whilst I have no complaints with this foundation at night we all know how harsh natural sunlight can be at highlighting foundation and this doesn't rise to the challenge! I always buff this into my skin but still when I look into the mirror I can tell I'm wearing makeup which isn't the look I'm going for! I have to say it does feel amazing on the skin, part of the reason why I loved this foundation so much was because I couldn't feel it on my skin. I would buff it in and it just felt like I was wearing nothing - amazing! It doesn't really last too long either, I'd say around four/five hours without a primer so probably more if you wore one but still I wouldn't call this a particularly long lasting product.

The packaging looks cute but it's very bulky and not at all travel friendly! I use a cotton bud to dip into the bottle before dotting it onto my skin. I prefer it this way because I think you can get too much product out if you pour it onto your hand.

Overall I would still repurchase this foundation just because I love how it feels on my skin but it's no longer my HG.

on 8/12/2012 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I started this foundation when Prescriptives was pulled off Australian shelves. It was the closest foundation texture and colour wise I could find to the Prescriptives Virtual Skin's real ecru.

I am currently using 63 Fresh Beige but it looks a little too light when I put on the Clinique blended face powder (transparency neutral). My last bottle was 64 Cream Beige and it was slightly darker but with a lighter powder looked more nature on me. I buy my make up in HK as Australia does not carry colours that suit me.

When I was on the pill and had flawless skin, this foundation was great as the coverage was all that I needed. Post-Yasmin, my skin is a breakout mess and my combination skin of dry cheeks & oily T means that this foundation lacks coverage and slides on my T zones & flakes on my dry skin. It takes about 30-45mins to sink into my skin and then about 3-4 hours to start breaking up on my face... but it was a great foundation when I had pill controlled skins (girls - before you go on the pill for your skin, please read some of the post-pill side effects on the internet. As someone going through them now, it is really not worth it).

Pros: Cheaper than other high end foundation brands, has a good colour range, good texture & consistency (shake your bottle before use). It is a thicker liquid. Goes on well with a brush or fingers. Decent coverage if you have flawless skin.

Cons: I have dry combination skin, sensitive & with hormonal acne. Staying power is low (3-4 hrs max) in summer heat, flakes in dry spots & slides in oily zones. Coverage is not heavy enough for red spots & acne and will ball up with certain moisturisers (e.g. Estee Lauder Hydrationist for normal/combination skin). Never balls with Olay Moisturising lotion for Sensitive Skin but this moisturiser isn't hydrating enough and the foundation will "crack" sooner.

I bought this foundation really wanting to love it, especially given how expensive it was. The best part about it was that it matched by skin tone very well, and that's about it!
The coverage is terrible, no matter how much I put on (I usually don't put a whole lot of foundation on) you could still see blemishes or any other marks on my face, basically there is no coverage.
It also didn't do anything to control my t-zone, which gets shiny and a bit oily. Another thing is this is the only foundation I've used up till now that has had me break out.
Overall I'm very disappointed with it.

on 7/31/2012 3:26:00 AM

This is a pretty good product- it controls oil well and also moisturizes dry areas like it says it should. Coverage-wise it covers a lot even though it's supposed to be sheer to medium coverage. However, the packaging SUCKS. It has the open bottle top which is super hard to control the amount that comes out, so a lot of times I poured out too much and I feel gross putting it back in (germophobe lol) so I end up wasting a lot of product. Also the bottle is glass with a matte finish and just reminds me of a chalkboard, which I can't stand!

on 7/28/2012 6:11:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Coarse

I was quite torn by this foundation. Firstly I was matched with the perfect shade for my skin tone in store (light) and found it suited my skin colour perfectly and blended well, using fingers or a foundation brush. BUT once I started using it daily I found problems. I have normal/combination skin, never had real problems with oily/shiny skin but using this I found I ended up with a very very shiny face, and particularly my forehead, nose and chin, definitely not super balanced for me. It also doesn't provide the best coverage, so I found I needed to always use it with a little bit of powder for the shine and some concealer for under eyes and blemishes. It is definitely light coverage for me and not very buildable at all. Also, as so many others have said, I am not keen on the packaging, it's difficult to get out and to tell how much you've got left in there. Dsspite these issues, this is the best colour match to my skin I have found and is probably a good buy for those who just want light day coverage and already have a good, normal skin tone. But for me the search for the perfect foundation continues!

on 7/25/2012 4:35:00 PM

Okay, I really loved this product in the store, and thought that even though it was expensive it was worth it, and I got compliments all day after the lady put it on, and i was realllyyy happy i looked flawless ! but then when i got home and pout it on, it didnt look the same. then i remembered that the lady not only put on this foundation for me, but she also used primer, concealer, and a pressed powder to set it. I didn't hve enough money for that, and i also dont use their brushes. also, after a while, it started to look really oily, and it reminded me of the maybelline fit me. im really pale with pinkish undertones, so this product ws kind of eh for me, and it was the only one out of ALL of the clinique foundations that sort of fit me. im that white lol, seriously. so...yeah, i was disapointed. because im usually not oily...at all, i used to have normal skin, but now its combination. i give it a three, because maybe its just not for me, and aybe im just using it wrong.

Well, what can I say. This was a massive disappointment for me. I am always on the hunt for a good foundation. I have oily/combo skin and I work out lots so I need a foundation that stays put through sweat/in the pool/in the sauna etc - it's fair to say I put my make up through a LOT!

First impressions of this foundation were good - I like the glass bottle, but yes a pump would be handy. The shade is pretty (Alabaster) for pale skins but more on the pink side, not really suitable for my NW15 yellow undertoned skin.

The worst thing was the consistency/coverage of the product. It just feels so meek and watery. It is so bad! I can't see how anyone would call this medium coverage, I'd liken it more to a sheer tinted moisturiser or BB cream.

I would never purchase this again.

My favourite foundations for reference are: Revlon Colorstay (although feels a bit thick but great coverage and range of shades, I personally wear 'Buff') ELDW (but again, feels a bit heavy) and Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection (AMAZING, I think I will go back to this now) also Gosh and UNE have decent long lasting foundations but Clinique have really missed a trick here.

on 7/3/2012 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I am very pale (between MAC NW15 and NW20) and I am using Superbalanced in Alabaster (27). I am notu sure, if this shade is available in Europe, I bought this one in the US, where the shade range seems to be bigger.
According to the Clinique classification I am skin type 2, dry combination skin. My skin isnít really flaky dry, more normal on the cheeks and a bit oily in the T-zone (but rarely break outs or spots). This foundation is supposed to balance the differences between the single different areas of the face. In my case it does the job very well. It does moisture my cheeks and my T-zone doesnít get oily at all the whole day. I donít even put powder on the top of it. Like this it gives quite a dewy juicy finish to the skin. A couple of times I powder over and the skin was feeling dry and tense. The same happened when I used this product in winter, when my skin tends to be less oily.
The only negative point is the packaging. The glass jar without pump isnít practical at all and when you have less than a half left itís a problem to get the product out of it. Quite often it happens that too much comes out and I need to wipe it away because obviously I have only one face to put it on :-)
For me the Superbalanced Foundation is a perfect one, it matches my skin tone perfectly. It has a medium coverage I would say. I donít even need any concealing with it. The skin feels very nice and natural, I hardly feel I have anything on.
I recommend this product definitely, just be careful with the skin type, in general this would suit the people with oilier skin I think.

This is a good product. I wouldn't really say that there is anything too special about this foundation, except the title isn't really telling the truth. "Superbalanced" isn't the deal here. It does moisturize the dry parts of my face, so that's nice, but it does nothing to control the oil on the rest of my face. That's the reason this gets 4 stars. It's actually kind of a clash- the moisturizing element and the oil...ugh. Other than that, it's got a nice matte finish for the face and has relatively good coverage. It has yellow undertones and it does have a slghtly annoying lack of pump or dispenser. To dispense a good amount, just shake it (cap closed) and a ton of product will come up to the top. It does come in a really cute frosted glass bottle tho :3 It is a more high end product, I paid $24 for it but it's a good buy, just nothing too special.