April 17, 2014 | 903 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Superbalanced Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

I dun see anything that's superbalancing about this foundation. As i continued to use this, i noticed my t-zone getting oilier and oilier while the rest of my face getting dryer and dryer.....and more and more bumps on my face!! i will not recommend this to anyonee.......

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by canadian

For reference I'm NC25/NW25. Neutral to warm skin tone.

My skin is combination (slightly oily tzone, dry cheeks), sensitive, broken capillaries on my cheeks and chin.

Clinique had a gwp. So I decided to try the SuperBalanced foundation while purchasing lipsticks. The girl matched me with #28 Light (neutral).

At home I applied my usual moisturizer and primer. I applied a sheer layer and added slightly more. It covered some of the redness but is definitely not a full coverage foundation imo. It felt like I was wearing nothing on my face which I liked and didn't feel cakey. I also applied my MAC blot powder to my tzone area.

However within 4 hours my t-zone was quite greasy, the foundation on my cheeks was wearing off and felt a bit slick. .

I also felt this color oxidized on my face and looked too peachy.

I returned the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by AmCam28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this for over a year & really like it. I have extremely finicky skin, so I gravitate towards Clinique's non-allergenic, fragrance-free, oil-free products. If my skin is breaking out, I use this foundation. It doesn't aggravate my skin at all. This is my go-to foundation and it's very easy to use. Although I have my complaints about this product, I've almost emptied a bottle, which rarely happens.

Pros: oil-free, non-comedogenic, fragrance free, color matches & blends well, light/medium coverage, doesn't cake up, can be applied with fingers

Cons: will transfer onto clothes, large-mouthed glass bottle- I'd prefer a tube or pump, isn't long lasting- needs touching up throughout the day, wear off oily skin very quickly in summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by mixedup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Bought this about a month ago, and so far I'm very happy with it. I have a really oily T-zone, and while this doesn't really prevent oilyness, it doesn't make it worse either. I like that it isn't full coverage, so my face never looks cakey, and it lasts pretty much all day if I blot and reapply powder occasionally.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by alicehump

I bought it because it seemed right for me and cheaper than Guerlain's PA - I have combination acne prone skin that doesn't like many brands so I was happy when I tried it and it looked right for me. Well, not really - colour range is very off, it oxidises, it requires a lot of effort to not look cakey when you apply it, it emphasizes dryness and doesn't do anything to fight shine. This pretty much killed my initial excitement but I think it is right for people who have perfect skin and want to try it out... which is kind of pointless if your skin is so perfect you can get away with a tinted moisturiser.
I want to finish it up and get something else, that's it.
It gets two starts for not breaking me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by torianne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Superbalanced makeup has always been one of my favourites! What I love most about this product is the natural finish. I currently use this product as my day time foundation as the coverage is perfect for every day use. It blends lovely and I would definitely recommend using a foundation brush for application as I find this is the best way to apply this product.

I have read a few reviews mentioning the actual bottle that it comes in and I personally remove some of the product with a cotton tip on to the back of my hand and use my hand as a palette by removing the product and then applying, I find doing this also means I use less product too so little tip for you there! :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by flowerlover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Even though I have dry skin, this foundation looked good and felt good on my face. Just doesn't have enough moisture for winter. I'm going to try it again when hot summer gets here. I think I will like it very much then because I won't need so much moisture on my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by rlamour

I initially loved this foundation because it matched my skin tone almost perfectly. However, after wearing it for a few days I noticed my skin began to get itchy and red after a few hours. I continued using the foundation...until it started making my face break out. I do not have break out prone skin and this surprised me, as Clinique claims to be so good for your skin. So I'm thinking there must be some ingredient in this foundation that does irritate skin and clog pores, contrary to their advertisements. I am extremely disappointed in this product and would neverrr buy it or anything else from Clinique ever again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by haleyanna19

Great product! I am lighter than NC15, and I bought in Breeze and for the first time in my life--NO MAKEUP LINE!!!!!! haha :) I am impressed w/this. I dont even have to really touch up during the day. Nice coverage, keeps oil at bay, and not too mask-like. The only gripe is the bottle, but even then it's a nice thick consistency so it just rolls out of the bottle so you just have to pour out a little bit onto a foundation brush/sponge. perfection!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by ruby9408

GOOD PRODUCT!

I have super oil forehead and have rarely suggested any foundation.
But this foundation gives a flawless full coverage matte finish.

If you have problems with the staying power, set it with pressed powder.
It helps to absorb the oil; it works for my every time i do that.

Only downfall for this product is the colour selection; it's not wide enough & the assistants don't really know how to pick match colours and all that ... sadly