September 19, 2014 | 985 users online

Loose Powders - Jurlique - Silk Dust

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2005 5:16:00 AM More reviews by suelll

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. I cannot say enough how amazing i thought this powder was the first time i used it. I had to buy both because i simply could not decide as they both smelled heavenly. I find it best to apply using fingers after dispensing some on a dry palm, it's had to imagine doing it if u know what i mean, so used to applying powder using a puff or brush. it really does reveal ur actual skin like u have not put on makeup. i didnt need to blot the whole day and the look is naturally matte. don't be put off by its chalky appearance, it dissappears the moment it touches the skin. A must try.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2005 8:44:00 PM More reviews by anita_177

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This powder is so finely milled that it just vanishes into skin. It's controls shine all day but still looks very natural, not cakey at all. I only need to use a small amount of product, so this will probably last me forever. If I ever run out though, I'll repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2005 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Amaloo

This is by FAR the best oil/shine control powder. I LOVE the lavendar. It smells wonderful and clean. The consistancy is much less thick than many powders in this category, as it is not chalky at all. I definitely reccomend this powder,a new STAPLE!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2005 7:30:00 AM More reviews by carekate

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great Hopping Fleas!!!!! I bought the Rose Silk Dust with a heavy degree of skepticism, wondering how a pure white powder (when I opened the package, I thought, “this looks like baby powder,” despite the delicious rose fragrance!!) could actually be translucent enough to work as an overall face powder without making me look like a mime, but you can now count me as one of the believers! I put a layer of the Rose Silk Dust on my face *before* I put on my JI pressed powder foundation, then put on another layer after I’d finished “putting on my face,” to set my makeup, and I swear to God, I did not have to blot my face even once yesterday. Do you have any idea how remarkable that is????? I just wish the packaging was a little more conducive to being carted around in my makeup bag in my purse all day...I think I’m going to buy a little powder sifter/container at Sephora and put some Rose Silk Dust in it to carry in my makeup bag and keep the little glass jar it came in in my desk for emergency touchups and just when I want to refresh my nose’s memory of the stunning scent!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2005 6:35:00 AM More reviews by Dong

My absolute HG for powder! I have an oily t-zone which is really annoying during Sudney's humid summers. After buying and using this product (rose), I have had no need for touch ups at all! I have a mattified face all day! Thank God for this product. Sorry for the massive rave but it truly is great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2005 12:42:00 PM More reviews by leonie_au

Silk Dust is a sensational product that almost has a cult status here in Australia. :) Originally I bought the rose but now have the lavender too... I find the only difference is the scent, although I have read reports that the rose is for dry skin, and lavender is for oily. I use Silk Dust on my t-zone and it keeps my combination skin shine-free all day, even in our humid summer climate. Very reasonably priced too as a little goes a long way. Top marks, Jurlique!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2005 6:05:00 AM More reviews by funkybabe

OMG I love this product! It's the best thing I've ever spent my money on. It's a great mattifier and keeps me shine-free all day long. I have this in lavender which is a just a lovely scent. I can wear this over foundation or just on its own over moisturiser and it works a treat! Lovely product at an excellent price - what more can I ask for? I would definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2005 6:42:00 AM More reviews by vyjanet

Feels nice , except i don't think it did anything for my skin. Even if i did use it regularly, the amount you get will last for years to come.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2004 11:38:00 AM More reviews by missloni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A gorgeous smelling white loose powder which I apply a small dusting of on my face using a big brush. It eventually settles and sinks into the skin so it doesn’t leave your face with a white cast. This product doesn’t seem to work for me in controlling shine – my face looks even oilier at the end of the day than when I don’t wear powder and can’t tell that it does an effective job in keeping my makeup in place. Overall it’s a nice smelling product but I don’t think that it does for me what it seems to do for everyone else. Would not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2004 3:22:00 AM More reviews by sleepyhead

I've got the rose silk dust. I use this in summers when I want to keep my face shine-free. It has my favorite rose scent, but a little everytime will do the job. And in fact only a little can be used, or you might look like a Japanese Geisha, which is pretty scary in the office.