MAC Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

4.4

on 7/14/2009 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have combo skin with oily t-zone. Prior to purchasing of this product, I used to use blotting sheets several times a day. I thought of this product as one of the "hype" and didn't feel the need to purchase it. I can't believe I waited so long! I'm NC37, and was recommended to use medium dark. Despite the name of the shade, it's quite light. It is not that pigmented, and goes on very sheer. I use it also on days I don't wear makeup just to keep my face from looking like an oil slick. By itself, it will not offer any coverage. I haven't had issues with caking up at all - I use a brush instead of the puff that comes with it (I feel it's more hygienic anyway, since there isn't a separate compartment in the compact to store the puff). I don't use blotting sheets that much anymore, and my face stays matte a lot longer now. Will definitely repurchase!

on 6/26/2009 9:42:00 PM

This is a great powder. it's very good at controlling oil. Normally I'm very oily in my I-Zone (I'm oily in the T & under my chin so I call it I-Zone) & this manages to keep the oily away for several hours. I'm pretty light skinned but the MA told me Medium/Dark would be good for me. I was hesitant but after trying it I followed her advice & bought it. The powder goes on colorless & does not give me that 'powdery' look.

on 6/25/2009 7:57:00 PM

I was aware of the hype, bought once returned it back cuz I liked the Mineralize Skinfinish Natural better. But now my need was something that gives no coverage, just making my oily skin matt and velvety. This does just that, I LOVE it. But I dont like that you cant store your puff seperately. This keeps your skin matt for longer and it makes it gives a nice finish, more natural BUT you CAN overdo it if you keep putting it on. It is possible to make it cake. For reference I'm NC35 and I use this in Medium Dark (dont be fooled by the name it's quite light).

on 6/21/2009 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

O-M-G! Its the greatest blotter! My face gets oily throughout the day, but when I use this blot powder its awsome! Although it is a bit pricie for my budget, I got it with the Studio fix fluid... but over all I'm happy with this product. Will buy again...but will try to use less to save more b4 my next one..
Update: 3/20/12
I only buy MAC when I have extra money. So for my Vegas trip I decided to get this and the Studio flix fluid..What a DUO DAMAGE is do to my face! I returned it!

on 5/26/2009 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have combo skin, but mosly oily on cheeks and t-zone. I used to use blotting paper a few times during the day to take care of oilies but it took away my foundation too. So when I discovered MAC Blot Powder I couldn't leave home without this. It's in my everyday purse, a very good powder to use for blotting. It doesn't impress me on setting my foundation because I prefer a true-skin look which I achieve from using MUFE Face & Body and this kinda defeats that purpose. I can see that I'm using powder if I use this to set my foundation. (still on the hunt for a HG loose powder). But for touching up, this is perfect. For ref: I'm NC40 MUFE F&B 34 and medium dark shade is perfect.

on 5/23/2009 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i get EXTREMELY oily whether it be winter or summer.
i thought id give this a try. unfortunately it didnt seem to be doing any oil control. instead it caused me to produce more oil!

i decided to try it one more time during a wedding, and not only did it not control oil for me but it also oxidized and turned me orange ):
not great for pictures darn.

on 5/20/2009 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The price was alright, but as always, I am super scared to try MAC foundation, powder, and concealer. I really wanted to love this product, but it broke me out SO BAD!! little white heads everywhere (and I rarely get white heads) omgosh it was HORRENDOUS! I love other MAC products like eyeshadow, blush, and brushes, but everything else really isnt for me.

on 5/20/2009 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am surprised by all of the glowing reviews.

I bought this and used it a couple of times and then I returned it. I would put this on when I started to look a little shiny and it made my face look cakey. It honestly looked like I had a mask on. Also, it did change the color of my foundation, so I had to put it on my entire face, not just where I was oily.

on 5/20/2009 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I so wanted to love this powder. This powder looked ashy/chalky on my skin and worst of all, it broke me out!

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

At first I was hesitant on spending $20 on such an iffy product, but I went ahead and did it and I LOVE it. Within 1-2 hours of applying my makeup I instantly find that my T zone is oily again, and when this powder is applied it leaves a soft, velvet-y, natural finish. I find that I STILL have to apply this more often than I wish I'd have to, but makeup can only do so much. *****