Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

4.1

on 8/2/2011 8:58:00 AM

MY HG CHEAP POWDER FOUNDATION!!!

Pros: (I always apply this stuff wet)
-Covers well - I have small redness here and there and this stuff gives me a natural finish look. Matte too and I LOVE IT!
-Staying power is long! Primer your face and apply this stuff wet. It will last 5-6 hours. Touch up with blotting sheets once a day and I'm good for 12 hours.
-Bronze is a good color for my NC42 or MUFE Face & Body #34 skin.
-Touch up when it dry would provide a sheer oil absorbing coverage.
-Use with ELF flat top powder brush for flawless finish. That brush is like made for this powder foundation. It buffs into your skin really well.
-Cheap and good for on the go days.

Cons:
-I wish there were more yellow/warm undertones for this line. I think all of the shades are either pink or neutral. So it sort of washes out my face color. I have to use a really yellow light, very sheer milani pressed powder on top to put some life back into my face. If i'm not using that, i'd use bronzer.

I love this stuff!

on 7/30/2011 12:27:00 AM

I've bought this several times, it works great when you're short on time but want to even out your complexion. However, the packaging could use some improvement. It looks nice, but in every compact I have bought the powder tin pops out shortly after purchasing. They should use a better glue.

on 7/28/2011 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Palladio Wet/Dry is the only face product I've tried that has been able to cover my acne's redness. I can still see the bumps (under the skin...ugh!), but they're finally the same color as the rest of my face instead of still peeking out pink-red or ashy gray-purple. I use this powder dry, over a primer, and acne stays covered for the day. This doesn't control oil for me, so I touch up sometimes. I've tried it wet and feel that the finish is too done-up for day wear, but I like it under my eyes as a makeshift concealer. I'm about NW20 and use Laurel Nude. I'll repurchase this again and again.

on 7/27/2011 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

ugh. nice finish but turns orange. I think if there were just a few more color choices, perhaps one with a blue/green tone that neutralized the orange, this would be a great product.

First I want to start off by talking about the packaging. I both love it and hate it. I love that there's a breathable spot for the sponge (the vents are good for if you use this product wet, that way the sponge won't get all icky or moldy in it's container) And I think visually, it looks really nice. It's sleak, simple, and classy.

But what I hate about it is that the sponge area is massive yet the part of it that holds the product is incredibly skinny. So you look at it and think "darn, that's not a lot of product." But maybe it's just deceptive. I don't know that yet but maybe I'll come back and update when i've hit pan... just to post how long the product actually lasted in comparison to how it looks... which is like there's just not much there.

Anyway, as for the product itself, I think it's a little expensive for a cheap Sally Beauty Supply/Ulta brand but in the end, it's totally worth it.

Before this, I either used a loose mineral foundation or a liquid foundation. Good loose mineral makeup is expensive but looks amazing and is insanely easy to apply... when you can actually find the right shade. I started feeling so guilty about my poor Ulta because I kept buying all these BE loose minerals or Maybelline loose minerals and returning them. For some reason a product would look great in the store and then I'd get home and.... not so much.

Anyway, then I tried liquid foundation. I LOVE the Revlon Photoready stuff and the dewy look it gives my skin... but it also looked slightly cakey and was just too much darn work to apply.

Soooo that's where my first pressed powder comes into play. I did a lot of research and read many reviews here at MUA and decided to go with the Palladio powder. I am so happy I did.

I don't even need to use it wet. I apply it while it's dry and the result is amazing. I hardly even recognize myself in the mirror... in a good way. It gives me an airbrushed porcelain doll kind of look which I was completely not expecting. I wear this, and a good liquid eye liner and maybe some red lip product and holy cow, is that Audrey Hepburn I see in the mirror?

And what's even more amazing, is that I wear this without any primer and it lasts forever on it's own PLUS it holds whatever blush or bronzer I'm wearing all day too. And the truly miraculous part... the longer i wear it throughout the day, the better my skin looks. It doesn't even make any sense!

So I highly recomment this product. I have it in the lightest shade now but as I get more tan this summer, will probably need a different one soon. The fact that there isn't a huge shade selection may be a turn off, but give it a shot anyway because it blends sooooo well. I didn't think the shade I got would look right on me at all but once i get it on my face, it could not be more perfect.

If you're interested in this, i say go to Ulta and give it a shot. I LOVE it.

on 7/10/2011 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had been looking for a new foundation to wear during this wonderful Texas summer, since my Revlon Colorstay would literally slime off my face during the day (so gross) and my face was oily/dry at the same time and honestly I was frustrated. I couldn't find anything that would work with my skin, which is extremely sensitive, acne-prone complete with cystic acne :( I saw Ulta had all Palladio products on sale (buy 1 get 1 free) and I of course came to MUA and looked up the reviews for their products. I've never worked with wet/dry foundation, but I thought for under 10 bucks I think I could handle it. I bought Laurel Nude and it does have pink undertones which honestly isn't that noticeable. I ran the sponge under the faucet and kinda shook off the excess water and started applying. This stuff goes on smooth and stays on. I barely have to use concealer, because it already conceals so well. I ended switching to Cypress Beige, LN was too light and when I put bronzer over it I looked like an oompa loompa. All in all, I compare this to MAC, because of the price I definitely prefer this over MAC. And Palladio is ALWAYS on sale at Ulta and Sallys.

For reference: I use Claudia Stevens Primer (also from sally) and it makes this stuff look EVEN better, and I put Palladio's rice powder over it. Wonderful product, healthy ingredients and my face isn't breaking out anymore and the oiliness/dryness is now balanced out. LOVE IT! :)

on 7/7/2011 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have really oily skin so i usually dont go for liquid or cream foundations, i bought this foundation in bronze wd405 which matched my skin great, though in the winter time i would probably have to get a lighter shade. The foundation went on smooth and the sponge it came with was pretty soft, it covers well and hides the shine on my face and even when i sweat alot, most of it stays on which is great considering that its summertime, it doesn't irritate my skin or make me breakout, palladio sells alot of great products including their rice powder which is great for going over foundation, so i wasn't suprised when this powder foundation worked for me, its about 10 dollars in a beauty supply store and the store i bought it at had testers, i would still google to see if you can catch a sale online or in certain drugstores. Overall its a great product!

UPDATE: had to buy a darker shade, for some reason after two weeks the shade seemed really light on me had to go one darker.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

This is just a preliminary review, as I am just wearing this for a couple days now...

I picked this up since the hot hot weather were not being kind to my usual choice of NARS SG with some loose powder to set. I used to treat Aveda Dual Base as my HG until it was so unkindly discontinued earlier this year (and I'll be damned if I'm going to buy it on ebay for triple the original price!) Anyway - this stuff is so cheap at Sally Beauty - I have a club card and it was on sale this week, so it came out to just $7.99. The compact is so-so, I mean it serves its purpose, not cute or flashy, but it's basic and houses the sponge away from the product which is nice. A mirror is right in with the product too, unlike some other brands that put it with the applicator on the underside (I hate that).

Color selection is pretty minimal - I consulted the foundation matrix and it suggested "ivory myrrh" for my NW20 skin - of course I went out and swiped it up immediately. However I wore it the next day and felt like a slightly tanned oompa loompa... it was too warm/a shade too dark for me. Perhaps it's a better shade for -25 girls, in my opinion. I loved the texture though, it totally reminded me of that Aveda powder foundation. So I went back for the lightest shade (Laurel Nude, I believe) and WHAMMO it's perfect. I'm going to exchange the too-dark selection for a 2nd compact to keep in my bag at all times, I think, in Laurel Nude.

I think this stuff has excellent wear! Good oil control and I still look normal, like I haven't been running around in a car without A/C or hanging out on a humid, hot hot day. In my opinion - it does not oxidize either - if it does it is not noticeable anyway.

Will update if my skin winds up disliking this...so far, so good.

on 5/27/2011 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I just may be on the something here. I do not think it is quite HG, but for the price it is far ahead of the pack.

In the past for foundation I have tried various medium and full coverage cream and liquids and I always feel like I have on makeup and every few hours it looks like its melting and fading and I'm worried it will rub on my clothes. It is a nightmare so I usually do not bother. What I want is basically MFBB and my previous experiences with foundation have pretty much left my face with this kinda "new me" look. My original color is gone, and I feel totally made up. Not ugly, just a little weird for me when I just want to look natural most of the time.

What I find with this Palladio is a nice, matte finish that allows my natural color to show through. It is buildable coverage and I have built it up to somewhere between light and medium using the wet technique. It takes a great deal of reapplication to get to medium, but I don't mind because it does not look mask-like. My acne scars get camouflaged, not completely hidden, but I still look my true skin color which I love. I am knocking off a lippie for a lack of color selection and very slight ashiness that goes away after a few minutes. If they had a few more, warmer color options on the dark side I would be better off. But I do like how this feels on my face. Basically I cannot feel it on my face and applying it wet leaves a nice cooling sensation.

I will come back with an update on how it lasts, but so far it has lasted everywhere, except my uncontrollably oily nose. It is now 11am and I applied at 7am. Generally by this time, my cream mouse foundation + primer + setting spray has started to kinda separate and settle into my large pores. But with this Palladio stuff I still look matte and, dare I say, airbrushed??

UPDATE+++++so excited to see you can order online from palladiobeauty.com where they have more colors including a color called toasted almond that looks warmer and better for me so I will be ordering soon and providing updated review UPDATE+++++so I ordered from Palladiobeauty.com where it says to expect 7 to 14 business days for delivery, BUT I just got an email and my order has already shipped...yea!!...the toasted almond color looks muddy when applied wet...ick! However the toasted almond color looks the same as dark mocha when applied dry

UPDATE++++215pm and still matte...only 1 dry touchup all day so far...i'm loving it!.....so this pretty much holds up to an 8 hour day with minimal touch up needed on combo skin...of course it was no match for my oiliest part, my nose.

This is a keeper to use on top of my liquid or cream. When applied heavier than medium it looks dreadfully ashy and mask-like so I will only use it for blotting and setting.

on 5/18/2011 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I find this to be pretty reliable. Not bad for a powder foundation- it offers pretty good coverage, tones down a lot of the acne scarring. The only thing I'm not sure about are the shades. For the most part I guess they are forgiving, but sometimes they look a little brown. I feel as I continue to wear it throughout the day, it kinda starts blending anyway so it's not a huge deal. The finish..to me it's a fine line between natural and matte. It doesn't cake or pool, which is nice, and it does stay on. I still need to use blotting powder after a few hours, but that's with any foundation pretty much. I stopped using the sponge, which I liked but got too dirty, and use a brush instead. I wasn't sure how I felt about this but it's easy and I tend to reach for it most days (especially when I'm lazy!) so I think I would get it again, no reason not to!