July 23, 2014 | 2237 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 12:49:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I find this to be pretty reliable. Not bad for a powder foundation- it offers pretty good coverage, tones down a lot of the acne scarring. The only thing I'm not sure about are the shades. For the most part I guess they are forgiving, but sometimes they look a little brown. I feel as I continue to wear it throughout the day, it kinda starts blending anyway so it's not a huge deal. The finish..to me it's a fine line between natural and matte. It doesn't cake or pool, which is nice, and it does stay on. I still need to use blotting powder after a few hours, but that's with any foundation pretty much. I stopped using the sponge, which I liked but got too dirty, and use a brush instead. I wasn't sure how I felt about this but it's easy and I tend to reach for it most days (especially when I'm lazy!) so I think I would get it again, no reason not to!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by jcka

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! before i was using this i was using the maybelline powder foundation that had spf15 i really liked it but it was to white for me and had horrible packaging.I didnt like carring it around in my backpack it was so bulky. i found thhis product by my mom she started using it and i loved how it looked on her so i went out iand bought it it works amazingly it covers my redness all over my face and my dark circuls especialy when used with water or a moisterizer. WILL BUY AGAIN!!LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by danishfilipina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I honestly loved this product at first, and I still love how it showed up on my skin - it looked so light, yet covered all of my blemishes. It didn't dry out my skin, it looked natural and it matched my skin tone perfectly. It was perfect! Until a week later, I realized it was making me breakout, along with the Palladio Rice Powder. I must be sensitive/allergic to one of the ingredients, because my face didn't react well with this product at all. I really wish it did though, I really do... because this foundation looked like a dream on my face! I'm so sad that it didn't work out. I used it wet and applied it with my foundation brush, and it was lovely. For anyone who doesn't have sensitive/acne-prone skin, I'd recommend this 100%! For those of you like me, then I'd save the trouble and skip buying this product or you'll end up heartbroken that it's causing breakouts! Hahah

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 5:32:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love it! One of the best foundations I've ever used, and one of the cheapest. One reason I love this because it is EASY. I usually just put it over my moisturizer/primer and then set with fix+. Done. Takes under 2 minutes. Takes SO much less time than liquid foundation and actually looks more natural. I don't usually wear powder foundations because I have dry skin and I feel they often make my skin more dry. This, however, is not drying at all, (even when applied dry).

This product is NOT full coverage, so if that is something you want/need, look elsewhere. I personally like that this is light/medium coverage, as this is what I feel I need/look the best in. It evens out skin tone. If you have spots to cover you will still need a concealer. Just apply it with your brush of choice (or the little sponge it comes with, it is actually decent). I use a Sonia Kashuk blending sponge, this works well.

I noticed several reviewers say that it oxidized/turned orange on them. This is not an issue I have experienced with this product, I think it may just have that reaction on certain people's skin?

Give it a shot! Oh and for reference I got Cypress Beige and I am NC30 (This seemed to be the reviewer consensus for match) but I feel it is just SLIGHTLY too light on me, I usually have to darken with bronzer after applying this. I'm hoping the next shade up isn't too dark, I am definitely going to buy it. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by andrya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder is fabulous! I just bought it in everlasting tan, and it stays put and makes my skin look glowy after a little bit of wear. Can't wait
To see how it holds up in the summer...but
For now I've been getting a ton of compliments on my skin! Way better than the Clinique or MAC studiofix, and cheaper too...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by raynie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's the best drugstore powder foundation I've ever used. I bought it in laurel nude. It gives medium coverage. I have very oily skin and this is the only one that can stays on my face more than 5 hrs. It says can be used either dry or wet but I only tried dry. The most important thing I evaluate a face product is good or not is that if it makes your face look dull after using it. This powder foundation, it neither clogs my pores or makes my face dull. I will keep repurchasing it and I think I can't find a drugstore affordable powder foundation better than it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by beaner2001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great powder foundation that lasts all day. I don't need a lot of coverage but this does a nice job of evening out my skin tone and doesn't break me out. I have it in everlasting tan and beige and love both colors. One for summer and one for winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Sparkylarky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this following my stint with studio fix. I was looking for an alternative to mac because it was breaking me out and leaving my face greasy halfway through the day. So I did some researching online and came across makeupalley. I read that this was a good alternative to studio fix... And it was! I've been using the shade laurel nude on and off for five years before I discovered mineral makeup. This is a good powder. Mostly used it dry but I like that you can use it wet as well. Color selection is limited but luckily I found a good match in laurel nude. Coverage is medium but buildable and goes on silky and smooth. Covers well and I love the sponge but mostly use a powder brush to apply. My only gripe is you hit pan pretty quickly and touchups are required if you have combo skin like me. However I think a primer might fix that problem. All in all a decent makeup that's relatively unknown but a nice little product. I'll be seeing you in my future Palladio.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Ceelove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS! It doesnt look cakey at all and actually looks quite natural on me. It evens out my skin tone, i have some red spots and the coverage is good(i dont have bad skin, but for my random breakouts once in a while it works) Its creamy and keeps my skin looking flawless. I have dry skin & it doesnt make it flake like some powders ive used before. Its inexpensive only 9.99! i got mine at Ulta & i am so happy i found this product! Im already on my second one :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by sxs

This stuff is great! And cheap (which makes it even more great)! I think ideally it is for combination-oily skin like mine; some have complained that it makes their skin feel tight, but for me, that feeling lasts very, very briefly. It gives light (dry) to medium (wet) coverage, and is portage. I don't look messy in the middle of the day. I don't need any big touch ups. I'm not usually a drug store makeup buyer, because there is a sephora across the street from me and several department stores closer to me than the nearest drug store - but I like this better than the Dior Airflash I recently bought, by far!