Merle Norman Luxiva Lasting Foundation

4.1

Titanium Dioxide (8%), Isododecane, Isohexadecane, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides, Butylene/Ethylene/Propylene Copolymer, Silica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Talc, Polyglyceryl-3 Disostearate, Polyethylene, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Triethoxycaprylsilane, Propylene Carbonate, Ethylene Brassylate, Benzyl Alcohol 011405

on 1/26/2008 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I use this but think there are better products. I just have not found them. I like the coverage, and have tried the powder foundation on top. I,ve got to try some others tho.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

very nice full coverage matte foundation. i have been through 2 tubes now, and actually wore this on my wedding day. good for young, oily skin. there is a method for application, since it dries quickly but can easily be smudged and splotched during application. oddly, it works like a dry erase marker- go back over a spot you already covered before it's dry, and it disappears. but once it dries, or is set with powder, this stuff isn't going anywhere. goes for about $26 around here. not intended for dry skin, as it tends to tighten the skin and can become uncomfortable in dry areas. it takes atleast 2 times washing my face to get it all off.

on 1/4/2008 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have had the same problem as some of you...I love the coverage but just cant seem to find the right color. I look so pale with it on....I just had to use bronzer everyday to camoflage it. I haven't found another foundation that lasts all day with full coverage. So I will continue to use my bronzer until I come across something different. Overall, I like this product.

on 12/15/2007 6:00:00 PM

didn't like this at all. i wanted a lasting cream since i have really oily skin. i typically use minerals, but i wanted something heavier for evenings. i didn't like that it was sooo cakey, and it was hard to blend it all in before it dried, so sometimes i got left with streaks where i wasn't fast enough. just not for me.

on 11/23/2007 6:47:00 PM

I have mixed feelings about this product. Love the coverage but I just can't find the right color. I know exactly what the other poster meant when she said she looked like a Geisha. (and I am also pale.) It just doesn't have enough pink in it or something. Still,the coverage is AMAZING and it lasts all day. I just have to remember to use bronzer.

on 11/5/2007 11:46:00 PM

This makeup has good coverage and lasts all day. And it has sunscreen.

on 10/26/2007 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have searched many years for an exceptional foundation. I have found it in this one! Covers beautifully and gives me a much more youthful, brightened look. Would recommend this makeup to anyone!

on 9/5/2007 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using this foundation for 10 years now. I have to say that it was the best foundation when I was between the ages of 20-27 years old, but now it isn't so great. I've noticed little wrinkles forming this year and this foundation has made them look more pronounced : (

I highly recommend this product to anyone between the ages of 20-27 years old, prone to acne, & needs full-coverage. Certainly NOT for ages 29 + years old because during the day, the foundation cakes and deepens into the wrinkles making them noticeable. I will discontinue buying this product since it no longer suits my skin needs.

on 8/19/2007 9:02:00 AM

UPDATE 8/05/2010 I am not getting good color matches at MN lately. Pink and peachy. And this foundation does not seem to be performing as well as it did before. Not the same coverage and I swear even the consistancy is different. Too bad.
UPDATE: 2/21/2010 I recently revisited this. This is better for warmer climates. Not ideal for drier skin. Also, I dread going to a Merle Norman because you can't just try the products in peace without someone pushing products on you and trying to stear you instead of just letting you explore. I still think Merle Norman has superior products so I would recommend.

I am so impressed with Merle Norman!!!! I just wanted something to cover my redeness and look great. I can't believe the color match. It is so good I can just put foundation where I need to even color and not my whole face. IThe coverage is medium but could be built up. You have lots of time to blend which is nice for a long lasting formula like this. I recommend a good moisturizer underneath as I could see where it would accent any dryness.

It takes about five minutes to do my makeup in the morning (foundation, powder, gel eye liner, mascara----in your face mmu!!!!) I live in a humid climate and I work in a body shop and this stuff stays put in 100+ degree heat. It hasn't broken me out, it doesn't smell, it doesn't turn as the day wears on, and no animal testing. I will continue to buy. The only exception might be during winter and I will check out Merle Norman's other elegant products.

on 8/2/2007 10:44:00 AM

I really wanted to like this product bc of all of the great reviews I heard. I have very oily skin which is just a bit acne prone. PROS: I have tried just about every long last foundation out there and I have to say this does stay put. It has somewhat of a liquidy consistency and dries to a matte finish but is still fairly easy to blend. CONS: I found this to be heavy/mask like with extremely heavy matte coverage. I am not afraid of a full coverage foundation but this made me look like a geisha, regardless of the color match. It also settled into my large pores making them look huge! It also was hard to get my blush to blend.

I think this is good for someone who really wants very matte and heavy coverage that lasts but if you want to look at all natural this is probably not for you.