October 22, 2014 | 1987 users online

Liquid - Merle Norman - Luxiva Lasting Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2008 1:19:00 PM More reviews by LolaCFL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have had the same problem as some of you...I love the coverage but just cant seem to find the right color. I look so pale with it on....I just had to use bronzer everyday to camoflage it. I haven't found another foundation that lasts all day with full coverage. So I will continue to use my bronzer until I come across something different. Overall, I like this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2007 6:00:00 PM More reviews by jenifiner

didn't like this at all. i wanted a lasting cream since i have really oily skin. i typically use minerals, but i wanted something heavier for evenings. i didn't like that it was sooo cakey, and it was hard to blend it all in before it dried, so sometimes i got left with streaks where i wasn't fast enough. just not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2007 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Murphysmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have mixed feelings about this product. Love the coverage but I just can't find the right color. I know exactly what the other poster meant when she said she looked like a Geisha. (and I am also pale.) It just doesn't have enough pink in it or something. Still,the coverage is AMAZING and it lasts all day. I just have to remember to use bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2007 11:46:00 PM More reviews by spiritchik21

This makeup has good coverage and lasts all day. And it has sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2007 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Grammio

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have searched many years for an exceptional foundation. I have found it in this one! Covers beautifully and gives me a much more youthful, brightened look. Would recommend this makeup to anyone!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2007 12:51:00 AM More reviews by kschoice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation for 10 years now. I have to say that it was the best foundation when I was between the ages of 20-27 years old, but now it isn't so great. I've noticed little wrinkles forming this year and this foundation has made them look more pronounced : (

I highly recommend this product to anyone between the ages of 20-27 years old, prone to acne, & needs full-coverage. Certainly NOT for ages 29 + years old because during the day, the foundation cakes and deepens into the wrinkles making them noticeable. I will discontinue buying this product since it no longer suits my skin needs.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2007 9:02:00 AM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

UPDATE 8/05/2010 I am not getting good color matches at MN lately. Pink and peachy. And this foundation does not seem to be performing as well as it did before. Not the same coverage and I swear even the consistancy is different. Too bad.
UPDATE: 2/21/2010 I recently revisited this. This is better for warmer climates. Not ideal for drier skin. Also, I dread going to a Merle Norman because you can't just try the products in peace without someone pushing products on you and trying to stear you instead of just letting you explore. I still think Merle Norman has superior products so I would recommend.

I am so impressed with Merle Norman!!!! I just wanted something to cover my redeness and look great. I can't believe the color match. It is so good I can just put foundation where I need to even color and not my whole face. IThe coverage is medium but could be built up. You have lots of time to blend which is nice for a long lasting formula like this. I recommend a good moisturizer underneath as I could see where it would accent any dryness.

It takes about five minutes to do my makeup in the morning (foundation, powder, gel eye liner, mascara----in your face mmu!!!!) I live in a humid climate and I work in a body shop and this stuff stays put in 100+ degree heat. It hasn't broken me out, it doesn't smell, it doesn't turn as the day wears on, and no animal testing. I will continue to buy. The only exception might be during winter and I will check out Merle Norman's other elegant products.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2007 10:44:00 AM More reviews by scottsgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this product bc of all of the great reviews I heard. I have very oily skin which is just a bit acne prone. PROS: I have tried just about every long last foundation out there and I have to say this does stay put. It has somewhat of a liquidy consistency and dries to a matte finish but is still fairly easy to blend. CONS: I found this to be heavy/mask like with extremely heavy matte coverage. I am not afraid of a full coverage foundation but this made me look like a geisha, regardless of the color match. It also settled into my large pores making them look huge! It also was hard to get my blush to blend.

I think this is good for someone who really wants very matte and heavy coverage that lasts but if you want to look at all natural this is probably not for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2007 10:18:00 PM More reviews by twinmommy36

This foundation is the first liquid I have used in years because I hate the look and feel of foundation. I am giving up my minerals for this foundation because it feels and looks like my skin, but better. A very nice product, if you like a natural look, and hate the feel of makeup. You will get moderate coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2007 7:13:00 PM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Color me very excited here. I have tried so many foundations that I can't even remember all the names. I have drawers full. I literally have a train case half stuffed with them. I have very oily and acne prone skin. I also have the palest skin on earth with pink to red undertones so trying to find a foundation that truly looks like me has not been easy! If am lucky enough to find something that doesn't look like mud on my face, it slides off or breaks me out so I am forever wondering the damn earth here trying to find something that I can stick with! The closest I had found so far was Estee Lauder's Double Wear in ICI Shell (lightest shade). I need that kind of coverage but it looks mask like and is a tad too dark. It also gets shiny even though it's supposed to last all day. It gets shiny after just a few hours. I saw the reviews on here and decided to call Merle Norman and give it a try because usually make up that comes in a tube is the best stuff around (the consistency is usually great and it's so hygienic). I figured it would be thicker then what you get in a bottle and I liked that aspect. I bought this in their lightest shade which is now Cream (the palest Ivory was discontinued in the industry's quest to make everyone a bronze baby which is infuriating). The cream looks dark in the tube so I thought oh no...this is not going to look right but I swear to God this stuff matches me like a second skin (and that's a miracle). I am "Rose McGowan" white and this stuff spreads like silk and makes my skin look so natural! It did not make me look gold or too dark (even though it is a bit of a warm shade which surprised me). There is no demarcation line on my neck or anywhere else (though I always moisturize my neck and spread a little bit of foundation with the moisturizer to make it look more natural). I powdered down with my miracle Lola French Pink Powder and I look like a porcelain doll (that powder really makes the look...that stuff is like a white silk veil over this foundation so it works beautifully). It has a scent but it's the most luxurious musk like scent. It's like a musk perfume that has faded (not real strong but very unusually appealing and typically I hate anything even slightly scented). This stuff is so silky and the color is perfect on my super pale skin (it won't look it in the tube but trust me it works somehow). Now I've only had this on for a few hours so I don't know if it will break me out but I will edit if it does. Fabulous stuff!