November 25, 2014 | 1890 users online

Moisturizers - La Roche Posay - Toleriane Soothing Protective Light Facial Fluid

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2007 8:21:00 PM More reviews by mrsdalloway

This is a very elegant moisturizer. It is a light and silky fluid which absorbs almost immediately and leaves my skin hydrated. It basically consists of glycerin + squalene, two very good ingredients for the skin. I think it would be perfect for summer months and hotter weather as well as for acne-prone skin year round. It is a nice, light hydration product. Will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2007 5:20:00 PM More reviews by SkinCareGuy

I bought this due to the rave reviews and small ingredient list. Unfortunately, this irritated the heck out of my skin. It made me flush and caused a dermatitis-like breakout. I believe it must be the squalene.

I had to use Cortaid for 2 days following this moisturizer.

It is too bad I am sensitive to Squalene because this did have a very silky & light feel to it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2007 9:22:00 PM More reviews by verarespirawho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Although I really like the concept of the LRP Toleriane line, unfortunatley this product irritated my dryish, uber-sensitive, dermatis and acne-prone skin treated with Ystheal. I believe the problem for me is seated in the use of squalane, which evidently my skin cannot tolerate as use of this product resulte d in deep cystic acne. This light fluid absorbed well but was not moisturizing enough for my skin, and would probably be more suitable for oilier skin types. However, I have had much better luck with Bioderma's Hydrabio Light creme (see my review), which IME is superior to both this LRP product and the Avene one. The packaging is superb: a hygienic, vacuumed flacon. More readilty availalbe in the states now, but at a steep price for the quality of its ingredients.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2007 12:02:00 AM More reviews by 617cara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent! So far so good. I am nervous about the Squalene but I needed a light moisturizer asap, until I get some other products. I am thinking I may just keep this pending I do not break out!EDITL: broke out massively from the squalene!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2007 1:27:00 PM More reviews by jhoggan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this moisturizer for 3 months now and my skin has never looked clearer. I get so many compliments on how smooth ans soft my skin is. This is ideal for spring and summer because of it's light weight texture, if your skin is dry you might need the Hydraphase for the winter. I use all La Roche Posey products and I will always keep them in my routine. My skin is combination, oily in the t-zone, with tendancies to breakout and this has never given me one zit. Definately would recommend to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2007 9:51:00 PM More reviews by sophie_lapin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This felt great going on- very light and NOT greasy. However, it did break me out. I stopped using it and cleared up. It was the only new thing I had in my routine. I tried once more using it, and once again, broke out. I really wanted to use this- the feeling is great. Just didnt work for me. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2007 10:10:00 AM More reviews by rustyangel

Light, not oily, absorb fast, moisture enough, and kinda cheap too. I like it. It's a plain moisturizer that is great for oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2006 12:00:00 PM More reviews by tram

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE: the solution to my acne-prone skin. It lights up my face without adding any oil.
I have replaced it with my 2-year fidelity Biotherm Aquasource

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2006 11:02:00 AM More reviews by jenafur3223

Tried this after receiving in a swap. It had generally good reviews so I was hopeful but this stuff irrirated my face and made it break out. When I put it on it soaked in nicely and wasn't real heavy so I was pleased with the texture -but after a week of using this morning and night my skin got red acne like bumps and felt tight. I took a lippie off the packaging because you can't tell how much product is left in the bottle either. Back to the drawing board I go!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2006 9:16:00 AM More reviews by rsandee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin is very sensitive. I have rosacea and am prone to acne as well. This moisturizer is perfect. Like other reviewers have said, it goes on soooo smooothly and doesn't sting one iota. I hope it works year-round. I have not used it during the winter yet, so I hope it will be enough.