La Roche Posay Toleriane Soothing Protective Light Facial Fluid

3.8

Aqua/Water,Squalane, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Ethylhexyl-Glycerin, Caprylyl Glycol

on 4/20/2007 1:29:00 PM

The packaging is great. Few lotions at this price come in such a great packaging. It has a pump so the contents remain airtight. Only problem is that I cant tell how much is left the bottle...but I can feel by its weight, so its no big deal. As far as the actual lotion...its great! Very light and never breaks out my extremely sensitive and acne-prone skin. Almost all lotions burn my eye area, but this one never does. I just wish it was more easily available in the US and I didn't always have to order it online and pay shipping, but I dont mind, since it is not too expensive. I have used up about three bottles and I am about to order 3 more.

on 4/17/2007 11:35:00 PM

I have dry skin and this moisturizer is my favorite one to use during the summer or on days when my skin isn't feeling so dry. It's very light and liquidy, so it spreads easily, sinks in quickly, and you don't have to use a lot. When my skin is feeling extra dry, this doesn't provide enough moisture (I use the Soothing Protective Cream in the winter). Overall, it's a really good basic moisturizer to use whenever your skin needs some extra oomph. I also have acne-prone skin and after using this for 2 months+, I have had no problems with any clogged pores/breakouts. Also, I know some moisturizers leave a tacky/sticky after-feel and look shiny, but not the Fluide. Another similar product is DDF Ultra Lite Dew....however I prefer the Fluide over the Dew because it just feels better on my skin.

on 3/23/2007 8:21:00 PM

This is a very elegant moisturizer. It is a light and silky fluid which absorbs almost immediately and leaves my skin hydrated. It basically consists of glycerin + squalene, two very good ingredients for the skin. I think it would be perfect for summer months and hotter weather as well as for acne-prone skin year round. It is a nice, light hydration product. Will repurchase.

on 3/16/2007 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this due to the rave reviews and small ingredient list. Unfortunately, this irritated the heck out of my skin. It made me flush and caused a dermatitis-like breakout. I believe it must be the squalene.

I had to use Cortaid for 2 days following this moisturizer.

It is too bad I am sensitive to Squalene because this did have a very silky & light feel to it.

Although I really like the concept of the LRP Toleriane line, unfortunatley this product irritated my dryish, uber-sensitive, dermatis and acne-prone skin treated with Ystheal. I believe the problem for me is seated in the use of squalane, which evidently my skin cannot tolerate as use of this product resulte d in deep cystic acne. This light fluid absorbed well but was not moisturizing enough for my skin, and would probably be more suitable for oilier skin types. However, I have had much better luck with Bioderma's Hydrabio Light creme (see my review), which IME is superior to both this LRP product and the Avene one. The packaging is superb: a hygienic, vacuumed flacon. More readilty availalbe in the states now, but at a steep price for the quality of its ingredients.

on 3/9/2007 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Excellent! So far so good. I am nervous about the Squalene but I needed a light moisturizer asap, until I get some other products. I am thinking I may just keep this pending I do not break out!EDITL: broke out massively from the squalene!

on 3/5/2007 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this moisturizer for 3 months now and my skin has never looked clearer. I get so many compliments on how smooth ans soft my skin is. This is ideal for spring and summer because of it's light weight texture, if your skin is dry you might need the Hydraphase for the winter. I use all La Roche Posey products and I will always keep them in my routine. My skin is combination, oily in the t-zone, with tendancies to breakout and this has never given me one zit. Definately would recommend to anyone.

on 2/20/2007 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This felt great going on- very light and NOT greasy. However, it did break me out. I stopped using it and cleared up. It was the only new thing I had in my routine. I tried once more using it, and once again, broke out. I really wanted to use this- the feeling is great. Just didnt work for me. :(

on 2/15/2007 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Light, not oily, absorb fast, moisture enough, and kinda cheap too. I like it. It's a plain moisturizer that is great for oily skin.

on 11/12/2006 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE: the solution to my acne-prone skin. It lights up my face without adding any oil.
I have replaced it with my 2-year fidelity Biotherm Aquasource