La Roche Posay Toleriane Soothing Protective Light Facial Fluid

3.8

Aqua/Water,Squalane, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Ethylhexyl-Glycerin, Caprylyl Glycol

on 5/17/2007 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

It kept my skin clear and moisturized but left it very shiny and oily throughout the day. I usually use Olay spf15 moisturizer for combination/oily skin and it did a better job at keeping the oil at bay. This moisturizer made my skin look greasy after I put on makeup.

Pros: Didn't cause any breakouts.
Cons: Leaves face greasy and oily

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The moment this touched my face I got a few little red bumps on my face that appeared right before my very eyes!! It dissappeared into my skin very quickly and did not do too well at hydrating...will hydrate well for people with combo/oily skin, but did not do so well for my dehydrated surface...and before I went to bed in the evening I checked to see if it had done any further damage...and my face was red and inflamed! Must be the squalane as I've used glycerine on my face with other products and have not had any problems (the two main ingredients are squalane and glycerine)...shame, I was hoping it would work for me. I'll keeping searching for my perfect moisturiser!

on 5/6/2007 3:19:00 AM

definitely repurchasing it again! wow, light, non-oily, no bumps or pimples after use. perfect for my combi oily skin. loving it lots!

on 4/22/2007 8:26:00 AM

I really like this product because it seems to be very calming to my acne-prone, stressed skin. I use many overly drying acne products for cystic acne and congestion of my pores and use this as a nice, soothing moisturizer. It is very light and soaks right in. I only gave it 4 lippies because it tends to leave a sheen on my face and I would prefer an oil-absorbing moisturizer but since it does NOT break me out and soothes my skin, I will definitely keep using it until I find something better. Update: 6/27/07 I have continued to use this product and still love it; I have learned to use less and work in more and the shine is more of a glow. I've ordered my 3rd bottle!

on 4/20/2007 1:29:00 PM

The packaging is great. Few lotions at this price come in such a great packaging. It has a pump so the contents remain airtight. Only problem is that I cant tell how much is left the bottle...but I can feel by its weight, so its no big deal. As far as the actual lotion...its great! Very light and never breaks out my extremely sensitive and acne-prone skin. Almost all lotions burn my eye area, but this one never does. I just wish it was more easily available in the US and I didn't always have to order it online and pay shipping, but I dont mind, since it is not too expensive. I have used up about three bottles and I am about to order 3 more.

on 4/17/2007 11:35:00 PM

I have dry skin and this moisturizer is my favorite one to use during the summer or on days when my skin isn't feeling so dry. It's very light and liquidy, so it spreads easily, sinks in quickly, and you don't have to use a lot. When my skin is feeling extra dry, this doesn't provide enough moisture (I use the Soothing Protective Cream in the winter). Overall, it's a really good basic moisturizer to use whenever your skin needs some extra oomph. I also have acne-prone skin and after using this for 2 months+, I have had no problems with any clogged pores/breakouts. Also, I know some moisturizers leave a tacky/sticky after-feel and look shiny, but not the Fluide. Another similar product is DDF Ultra Lite Dew....however I prefer the Fluide over the Dew because it just feels better on my skin.

on 3/23/2007 8:21:00 PM

This is a very elegant moisturizer. It is a light and silky fluid which absorbs almost immediately and leaves my skin hydrated. It basically consists of glycerin + squalene, two very good ingredients for the skin. I think it would be perfect for summer months and hotter weather as well as for acne-prone skin year round. It is a nice, light hydration product. Will repurchase.

on 3/16/2007 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this due to the rave reviews and small ingredient list. Unfortunately, this irritated the heck out of my skin. It made me flush and caused a dermatitis-like breakout. I believe it must be the squalene.

I had to use Cortaid for 2 days following this moisturizer.

It is too bad I am sensitive to Squalene because this did have a very silky & light feel to it.

Although I really like the concept of the LRP Toleriane line, unfortunatley this product irritated my dryish, uber-sensitive, dermatis and acne-prone skin treated with Ystheal. I believe the problem for me is seated in the use of squalane, which evidently my skin cannot tolerate as use of this product resulte d in deep cystic acne. This light fluid absorbed well but was not moisturizing enough for my skin, and would probably be more suitable for oilier skin types. However, I have had much better luck with Bioderma's Hydrabio Light creme (see my review), which IME is superior to both this LRP product and the Avene one. The packaging is superb: a hygienic, vacuumed flacon. More readilty availalbe in the states now, but at a steep price for the quality of its ingredients.

on 3/9/2007 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Excellent! So far so good. I am nervous about the Squalene but I needed a light moisturizer asap, until I get some other products. I am thinking I may just keep this pending I do not break out!EDITL: broke out massively from the squalene!

Popular Moisturizers