October 22, 2014 | 890 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

For removing makeup, a perfect ten! Does a great job, even with mascara (even though sometimes if a little seeps into my eyes I see through the Barbara Walters soft focus lens for awhile). Leaves face really soft after use. Mineral oil can cause breakouts so I am sure to cleanse face thoroughly after makeup is removed.
But the price... Please. If you're just wiping it off right away anyway, it doesn't matter if you use this or the dollar tree cold cream- 8 oz for a dollar. Same ingredients. Does the same good job.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by vix5586

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a couple years now to remove eye makeup after seeing a roommate use it. I had never seen anyone use a cold cream before and assumed it was only for people with mature or very dry skin....which wasn't me. I always hated oily liquid eye makeup removers and the film they left on my skin. I ended up always using the makeup removing towelettes, but those required some scrubbing as they were a bit dry and this made me nervous about the damage I was doing to the sensitive skin around the eyes. I started off using Ponds in conjunction with the towelettes until I ran out of them one day and had to just use a wet washcloth (Why did I not think of this sooner?! Cheaper and much less wasteful than using and throwing out a wipe-y every night!) I love it.

So, my reasons for loving this as an eye makeup remover: first, I have oily skin around my eyes and have to use a primer to make eye make last for more than an hour. This makes my eye makeup that much harder to remove. With this stuff, I just have to gently massage it in and my primer, shadow, liner and waterproof mascara just melt off. A few swipes with the washcloth and it's GONE. Completely gone with no scrubbing. I never wake up the next morning with the raccoon eyes I've experienced with other removers. Second, no greasy feeling like other liquid eye makeup removers I've tried and no dry tightness left behind from the towelettes. Third, one jar is dirt cheap, can be found at Walmart, Target or any grocery store and lasts for forever (I'm only halfway through one and I bought it well over a year ago and use it every night). I have never noticed any breakouts from using this (and sometimes it does end up below the "eye area" of my face)

I follow up by cleansing with Purpose Gentle Cleanser and most nights, use my Olay facebrush. I have yet to use this on my entire face as I'm so oily and acne prone and lately, my Purpose cleanser, 2.5% benzoyl peroxide & LacHydrin-5 moisturizer is keeping my skin nice and clear so I'm afraid to add anything else to the mix. Reading the reviews here are tempting me to try it out all over though...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If you love your skin you will love it even more using PONDS to remove your makeup. Get ready! This is not a soap based cleanser. Prepare yourself. You are not going to feel the tight clean feel of soap or alcohol based astringent. You may have to retrain your mind into what clean TRULY feels like. I used to think my skin needed to be squeaky clean and tight to be clean. WRONG! I have learned that tight dry feeling was only causing me to produce more oils which then caused breakouts for me. And even bumps under my skin that were unable to emerge. And worse wrinkles! Yes, that tight feeling was not a good way to battle age. Oil based cleansers make your skin feel clean without feeling tight. In a gentle and healthy way. Thanks MUA, I am learning so much about my skin.

I used to believe Ponds was only for the dry. I now realize that someone with normal and or oily skin might discover this is wonderful for them too. And being sensitive skinned I can only say does not burn, sting, tingle or harm me in any way. It is a mineral oil based cleanser/moisturizer. I have sensitive, acne prone, mild rosacea skin, pale over 40 and falling into the dry side of normal skin. ( now that I am over 40. ) My skin feels wonderful after I use this. It feels beautiful when I wake in the morning. I was fearful it was going to cause break outs. I have been going on three months now and am simply amazed. No break outs!!! And my skin feels soft and supple. I am kicking myself that I did not try this sooner. My grandmother, and Aunts were all PONDS ladies. I can remember the classic scent of Ponds on their skin when giving them a hug. Yes, there is a mild but lovely clean scent. I never knew the secret to their glowing, healthy, velvety, lustrous, elegant and pefect complexions. PONDS!

A little goes a long way. I use a quarter size dolop. I massage this into my entire face covering every place including eyelids. I then gently remove my make up with a cotton ball. Eye makeup comes off like butter. I use maybe 4-5 cotton balls and even use water to help remove makeup. I have read that some on MUA do not use water to finish off. I use water splashed on my face. I feel cleaner this way but I think it is not necessary. When I first started I would take a warm wet cotton ball and go all across my skin to see if any trace of dirt appeared. And that is how I know my skin was clean. No dirt appeared. It really does remove all my makeup.

I finish off my routine with Differin, Finacea, EL ANR and Neutrogena moisturizer.
PONDS is my HG.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by BunnylaBelle

HG SKIN CLEANSER!!!! I have been using the product for almost half a year and I am OBSESSED!

This is an oil cleanser. Before you jump back screaming "But isn't that counter-productive?!!"
Let me bestow some wisdom that was imparted unto me;
When you have leather products you clean them using an oil product right? Same with skin. Skin IS a hide after all! This cleanser uses mineral oil which won't clog your pores and is non-carcinogenic. Win win, eh?

I use about the size of a 5 cent coin, (or a penny for you Americans playing at home) and massage it into my face using my fingertips. Since it is quite thick I find a little goes a long way. Before it can dry, I gently wipe it off using a wash cloth or a tissue.
At first I was a bit horrified by how supple and moist(?) my face was after cleansing, but now I am used to it/barely notice it. I then will apply my acne cream and my night cream.
#I don't clean my face with this in the morning because I find the residue makes my make-up slip.

After a week using it I started to notice my skin improving, far less pimples and less flaking. From then it only got better. Now, after using it for about 5 months I can say my skin is looking pretty darn good! I use less concealer, have changed to a light coverage foundation and feel a lot more confident :)

PROS:
-fragrance free
-cheap
-non-comedogenic
-non-carcinogenic
-improves skin condition

Cons:
-packaging. I would prefer a pump for hygienic reasons.
-makes makeup slip if applied soon after cleansing.

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

Have been using this @ night for about 2 weeks and I love it. I started using it because I felt like I was looking really wrinkly and dry, and I wanted an inexpensive humectant for overnight.

I use two fingertips' worth and rub it on my dry face until all the eye makeup melts (notes: I don't wear foundation, and heed the warnings about getting it in your eyes!). I used a warm wet washcloth to wipe off the cream, but it made my washcloth look really terrible (mascara, etc.) so I switched to using half of a nicer-quality paper towel with a cloth-like texture that I can throw away (Viva! brand, $1 a roll or so). I get the paper towel wet and smooth off the cream, then dry my face. I don't wash it with another cleanser afterwards. I apply a skin oil around my eyes and fine lines and then Ponds Pink cream (Clarant) all over my face and neck. Every 3 days or so, I will use Cetaphil with my Clairsonic in the morning, just to get a fresh start.

I love how moisturized and non-oily this keeps my skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by girl923

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always buy this over and over again. I'm on my third jar now. It easily removes the makeup I have on. It removes my bb cream well. I'd apply this over my entire face then wipe it off with a tissue. Sometimes I'd rinse it off with warm water. Not recommended for eye makeup though, it will make your vision blurry. So I have to use a separate eye makeup remover to remove my eyeliner and mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by 10012039

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product last week and during that time the skin on my face was really bad due to some allergies from trying a facial scrub my mom bought for me when she went to Bangkok. What I like about this cream is that it easily takes off my makeup and leaves my skin feeling soft and velvety to the touch. I also use it as a regular facial wash but I wouldn't recommend using this as an eye makeup remover because it leaves my vision blurry. I prefer the more water-like makeup removers like Haruhada Collagen and Bioderma.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by boxofcornflakes

This works well to remove makeup, but you have to use it right.

I take a decent sized glob (~1 teaspoon) with my pinkie and dot it around my face (do not wet face) after I remove my eyeliner and mascara with a different cleanser since Pond's is not supposed to go inside your eye. If you don't use enough, your skin will just absorb everything and your face won't feel clean. Then I massage it into my skin for about a minute; it's also fine for taking off excess mascara and eyeshadow, just do not get it into your eye. It won't sting, but your vision will be blurred and it's a pain to deal with that. Then I take a damp cotton pad and wipe it off. Next, I take a warm, damp washcloth and pat that on my face. You can't just take this stuff off with rinsing your face with water. I proceed to use my face wash.

I don't necessarily love using this which is why I took a lippie off. I guess it's because I have to take extra steps to remove the product itself. But, it works extremely well. Another problem with this is the packaging. It's unhygienic due to the jar packaging, so I make sure my hands are clean. It will also be difficult to get the product out when the jar is not full. This is also relatively affordable since it lasts a while. It also leaves my skin feeling soft. I have combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by cmayes71

My mother always used this and had great wrinkle free skin. I can't say it was the Ponds but this was the one staple she had. Just recently I decided to try it. I don't know why I have been using expensive cleansers all these years! This stuff works better than any of the others. It hasn't caused breakouts. You put some all over your face and then use a warm wash cloth to remove it. Some people use a dry wash cloth because they like the moisture it leaves behind. My mother used to use this as a moisturizer. She wiped her makeup off and then put a little all over her face and neck. She had beautiful skin. Mineral oil gets a bad rap. Personally, I have no issues with it. Tried and true.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by L8

This is the absolute best!!!! It removes all makeup and leaves my face so baby soft and clean. The price is amazing and the jar lasts forever as a little of this product goes a long way. I just gently rub it my face, wipe gently with a tissue followed by a warm, wet washcloth. So easy! Poof! Makeup is gone, leaving a very fresh, clean feel to my face. The best part? No tightness to my skin and no dry flakes. Love this!!!