December 20, 2014 | 1224 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by arielleem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is amazing for removing make up and clearing acne. I just rub this all over my face and eyes and remove with a baby wipe. Make up gone, skin moisturized, redness and pimples barely noticeable! This has been the greatest thing for my stubborn acne. It's not gone completely because I haven't yet found my holy grail cleanser and moisturizer yet but my acne has gone down tremendously since I started using this. Redness and scarring almost gone. No break outs only reduction in acne. Sometimes I even slather all over my face and go to bed with it on and wake up so Dewey and less red. Love it will use forever and ever. Recommend it everyone especially my acne friends!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Lorel1

Skin reacted with a rash like breakout on the forehead along with little pimples & deep ones as well. Too greasy for my liking! This did not make my skin feel irritated or tight on a positive note.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish I could say I like this cream. Yes, true - after using this cream at night, in the morning the face looks all 'dewy' and fresh etc. But a few hours later, it looks like an OIL CLOTH. Also I am allergic to the DMDM ingredient. I notice small pustules on the face, the following morning after using this.

I thought the old formulation (which did not have DMDM Hydantoin) was okay - nothing great because it has mineral oil as the main ingredient.

Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate is supposedly acutely toxic according to some websites; ceresin is claimed to be a boot polishd and other household polishes ingredient. Add 'dmdm' to this lethal mixture and it is out of my comfort zone. What is more annoying is that Walgreens, Jergens, CVS etc have changed their cold-cream ingredients to include DMDM!!

Byebye, DMDM! If the old formula is restored and animal testing avoided, Ponds would be an acceptable product line!
There is nothing 'cool' about this non-classic product. I had to use this cream on my legs and feet, to finish it.

Instead I use rosehip seed oil and it has been doing wonders to my face.

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2013 8:18:00 AM More reviews by Azie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I agree with the below, I learned that my skin can't handle mineral oil which this is high in, steer clear of the stuff if you're the same!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2013 4:52:00 AM More reviews by MissEstelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ick. Broke me out like mad when used as a cleanser, no matter how well I wiped and rinsed after, and I still needed to use regular makeup remover for my eye makeup afterwards.The big tub means it gets dusty and icky really quick.

I am using it for moisturizer on my legs after I shower now, for which it works fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by JessT88

I have been using this as a makeup remover for years, but I would wash it off with my acne wash because I was afraid of how greasy this feels. AcneFree severe system was the only thing that helped my acne, but I would always get dry flakey patches which is a joy to deal with. One night I decided to use this how it's instructed, just rub it on and wipe off with a warm washcloth. I was so amazed the next morning! My face was not oily, it helped a few of the dry patches and now a week later I don't have any dry patches, I have not broken out and my face feels healthy! My boyfriend thinks I'm silly because I keep raving about it every morning...Come on, this stuff has been around for 150 years! My mom used it, my sister used it and I was just using it to remove make up for years??? Hilarious but so awesome. It's cheap too, I can buy 3-4 of these jars for the same cost as one AcneFree kit. I use which hazel sometimes too, but that is just out of routine, I don't know if I need it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by KaiteKins

Breaks me out everytime I use it............

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by livelynnlipstick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is way to greasy for me

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by taryn33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just love it. I started using it as both a makeup remover and a cleanser about 10 days ago. I was breaking out a lot, which was unusual for me, and nothing of my usual routine was making a dent in it. I had had this curiosity about those face scrubber machines that people use that cost ridiculous amounts of money, but somehow i just came home with good ole ponds. I rub about a quarter sized dallop in all over, then i take a damp washcloth and begin to massage the cleanser into (and off of) my face in small upward circles. I rinse with warm water. I do follow up with ponds face cleanser. I have always used ponds face moisturizer, but find I no longer need it with use of the cold cream-- even though i wash it off eventually, the benefits (smooth, clean, hydrated skin). I have slowly slowly slowly been converting to all ponds products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

For removing makeup, a perfect ten! Does a great job, even with mascara (even though sometimes if a little seeps into my eyes I see through the Barbara Walters soft focus lens for awhile). Leaves face really soft after use. Mineral oil can cause breakouts so I am sure to cleanse face thoroughly after makeup is removed.
But the price... Please. If you're just wiping it off right away anyway, it doesn't matter if you use this or the dollar tree cold cream- 8 oz for a dollar. Same ingredients. Does the same good job.