April 24, 2014 | 1347 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This would be a great product if it didn't give me milia around my eyes. I returned this item. I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by LyssC

I use this as my winter time cleanser. It replenishes my dry skin really well. It also makes a good eye makeup remover, but it does seem to blur your vision for a while if you accidentally get it in your eyes. Good bang for your buck!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This review is for this as an eye makeup remover. I don't know why I bought it originally, but it was just hanging out in my bathroom, and I figured I should use it for something. It does remove eye makeup well. I take a blob on my fingertips, rub it (gently) over my lids, and wipe off with a tissue. Everything comes off. The thing I hate about this, and why I won't use it anymore once it's gone, is because it leaves a cloudy film over your eyeballs that lasts a very long time. I really hate it. I have to keep blinking and I feel like I can't see for hours. I also hate the jar; it's not so much that it's a jar per se, but the shape of it. It would be easier to get out if it was shallower and straighter up and down. It does smell nice, rosy and nostalgic. I kinda wanted to like it because of that alone. :) I will try to use it up but I won't buy it again. There are much better eye makeup removers, specifically for that purpose.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by mamafazz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Why do companies keep putting fragrance in our skin care? It is not good, it breaks down collagen! This does remove makeup well, and doesn't dry out my skin, but I will not repurchase due to the fragrance. Does anyone know of any other cold cream from the drugstore that is fragrance free? please message me and let me know.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by cathyz123

i did really like this cold cream because it removes my makeup completely. only flaw is that it leaves a slightly oily residue so you have to use water and a cloth to completely clean your face. i wouldn't repurchase because i'm using bioderma now but it's a great product for such a great price

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by AMANDAT89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Before I bought this cold cream, I used to only use makeup remover wipes to take my makeup off. I would have to use at least two wipes each time and it still wouldn't take all the makeup off completely.
With this cold cream, you don't have to use a lot of product to get the makeup off your face. I take a little bit and distribute it on my forehead, cheeks and chin. After working the product into my skin, I rub some onto my eyes to help remove my eye makeup. once the product is on my face and worked in, I grab a baby wipe or makeup remover wipe and remove it. The results are GREAT!
I can honestly say that since I've started using this product I feel that my skin has improved. Probably because it's moisturizing and it helps remove a good amount of makeup off my face. It smells like a cucumber face peel that my mom used to use, but I cant remember the brand. try this stuff out!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by kaq009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great and inexpensive makeup remover that doesn't dry out your skin. I love that it removes waterproof makeup just as well as non-waterproof makeup. No need to rub vigorously to remove waterproof eyeliner and mascara. It also feels very luxurious on your skin. I put three stripes of this on my face - one on my forehead and each cheek then start massaging it throughout my face then wipe it off with a baby wipe. Then I go back and do my eye area and again wipe it off with the same baby wipe. The only thing I don't like about this product is the packaging - I wish it came in a tube or a pump. I find the jar so unhygienic but I'm willing to look past it because I truly love this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ahh Ponds. I used to use their moisturisers (tinted, day and night moisturiser) until the majority ofthe brand was didiscontinued in Australia for reasons unknown and I had to find a replacement (enter Dove TM)..

Anyway I spotted discounted tubs, 99g of product at about $4.99 a jar, had a nostalgic flashback and purchased a jar.
It has since been sitting in my bathroom for a month being unused, however I decided to use it about 2 weeks ago.
Now cold cream is a makeup remover essentially for me. It does state that it is a cleanser but it leaves a film onthe skin that usually requires a toner or a seperate face wash to rremove.

It does remove all traces of my makeup, including waterproof mascara and eyeliner as well as ELDW. My skin is left smooth, makeup and dirt free as well as fresh.

The ingredients may definitely not appeal to a lot of people as the first ingredient is mineral oil, but this is not a cream to be used as a moisturiser. It is meant to be rubbed into the face to dissolve makeup and then removed, so in effectit is very effective and claims what it describes.

All in all I can understand why this has been a staple product in many women's skincare regimes throughout the decades and I will continue to repurchase. I find mine at Discount Chemist Warehouse in Australia.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by happyninja

I have sensitive combination skin - I have a very oil tzone while the rest of my face gets so dry that it flakes at times. Most make up removers I bought in the past would either leave me with a burning/stinging sensation or wouldn't remove everything. I was really surprised at how well this cream worked. It doesn't irritate my skin at all and it even gets rid of stubborn waterproof gel eyeliners and mascaras. The cleanser doesn't cause my skin to feel tight or too greasy and it doesn't burn my eyes like some other brands do.
There are two downsides to this product though. The first is that the cream feels heavy and leaves behind a film even after I wipe it off a couple times. It's not a big deal though since I usually use a facial cleanser before bed. The other negative thing is the packaging. I wish it came in a pump bottle or squeeze tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by lipstickinpink

I adore this product. I bought this for roughly $10 (australian $)

This removes everything! It just melts the makeup off. Whilst still leaving your face soft and moisturised.

I've thrown out all my other makeup removes - cause nothing can beat this!

I Highly recommend!!!