Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

on 2/21/2014 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this stuff almost every day as a makeup remover. It does a fantastic job of removing even the most stubborn waterproof makeup. I usually apply it all over my face and let it sit while I brush my teeth. I take it off with a cotton ball (or two) after I'm done dealing with my pearly whites. Just taking it off leaves me feeling too greasy, so I also have to rinse my face with water and pat it dry. Then I do the rest of my skin care routine.
This stuff is really moisturizing. I don't even feel the need to moisturize after cleaning my face with this. If I'm feeling really tired I can just use this baby then proceed to pass out without doing anything else and still wake up with insanely soft skin.
This stuff also lasts for a really long time. I've been using it for almost a year now and only just started on a second jar. Speaking of the jars, they're okay but sometimes I stick my makeup covered fingers in it and leave smears. It's a little annoying, but I can live with it.
The only thing keeping me from rating this a 5/5 is that it smells like roses. I hate the stench of roses. Fortunately, it's not overpowering. I can't smell it over the mint smell of my toothpaste, and the smell doesn't linger after rinsing it off. The jar and the scent aren't enough to stop me from using this cold cream. There are way more benefits to this product than there are drawbacks so I'll be repurchasing for the foreseeable future.

on 2/15/2014 12:23:00 AM

I've been using this product for about 2 years now. I think that as far as a cold cream goes, there is no better brand. This product isn't very costly and its available at just about any drugstore. When I first tried this product I wasn't sure that I was going to like it. It does leave a "greasy" feeling to your skin that I wasn't used to. This is actually good for your skin in my opinion because as you sleep the mineral oil is absorbed into your skin which moisturizes your skin. I couldn't believe how soft my skin was the next morning!!
Currently my facial routine includes this as it is winter and my skin is starting to dry out. I apply this to my face sparingly, then wash what I can off with warm water. I then cleanse my face with Noxzema Anti Bacterial Lathering Cleanser. After that I apply Witch Hazel as my toner, any acne over the counter acne medication I feel is necessary and then my moisturizer of choice. So far this has been doing wonders for my skin! Still not "flawless" but I prefer to focus on the health of my skin.
In addition to being used as a cleanser I've found that you can easily use this as a lotion. I would recommend using it at night..or somewhere that is easily covered up as it is rather greasy when first applied. This is also great to put on sunburns! I don't like putting just anything on my face if I do get burnt..and this works wonders to get rid of the burn!

on 2/7/2014 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My face is a mix of dry patches (due to the chilly weather), oily t-zone, and the occasional breakout along my jaw. This product is the best. It helps with my dry skin, doesn't add to the oiliness, and DOES NOT make me break out. It removes my eye make up leaving no residue behind. I rub the cream on my face, then wash it off with some water. Follow it with a cleanser. I wake up with a smooth, soft face! A little goes a long way with this, so the jar lasts a while.

on 2/5/2014 7:08:00 PM

I have been using this product for the past 4 or 5 years just to remove my eye make up and it does an awesome job at removing all of my make up without a ton of hassle. It does not burn my eyes and the jar lasts a long time. I recently started using it as an all-over face make up remover and, once again, this product does NOT disappoint. I rub this all over my face at night and use a baby wipe to remove all of my face and eye make up afterward. Although it is a thick, somewhat oily cream, it has not broken out my acne-prone skin and the baby wipe removes it all so I'm not left with an oily residue on my face. This is a perfect make up remover and leaves my skin feeling clean and soft. This has been a staple product in my bathroom for years and I will definitely continue to use it. It is both inexpensive and effective! Love this!

on 1/28/2014 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Alright guys, I just have to say something before my official review.

Firstly, I used this only as the new formula, having just started recently. I have to tell you, I am HIGHLY reactive to chemicals (and even some non-chemicals like oils) and clog very, very easily. I try to keep to a simple routine, using aloe and lavender oil, maybe some sulfur or clay as main daily products in my routine. I have tried **everything**, cleansers, moisturizers, treatments, drugstore, HE, even prescription and most dry me out and break me out. I am fairly natural when it comes to food and products, HOWEVER: I really think people over hype some of the chemicals in products. I get wanting to be natural and being wary, definitely doing research is great. But for me, for example, I do not react to DMDM hydantoin. Yea, it's a derivative of formaldehyde, which is a little scary. (A lot of nail products have *actual* formaldehyde in them) But chemistry is very interesting in that 'a derivative of' does not mean it's the same thing. In chemistry, you change one part, the whole thing is different. Often they will have similar properties though, and in this instance this chemical is a preservative, used in very small amounts, (and only shown reactive in doses over 0.2% *to those who have an allergy to it*) to prevent mold and fungus from growing in your jar. Please understand that I'm not extolling the virtues of this chemical, I'm not. I'm only using it as an example and stating that it really is about each persons personal allergies and reactants, not necessarily the product itself. Do I trust that every corporation is careful to never put toxic ingredients in their products? No. I don't trust them that much. I just don't want people to be overly scared of something just based on name and rumor only. Remember how bad and scary botox was (and is) as a freaky facial injection? Well there is research now that people use botox injections to fight migraines and cerebral palsy. That's a big freaking deal. So do I love botox, hell no. But it has it's uses and can be beneficial. That's all.

So onto my review. I liked this for a while and stuck with it for a few weeks. I did try it by wetting my face first rather than putting it on dry, which seemed a bit odd to me as I'm not used to that. I liked that I didn't have to freak out about a moisturizer being potentially clogging as this was very emollient and I was using it during a cold, harsh winter and still felt pretty soft when using this, though it wasn't perfect. I had concerns about reside and product still being left behind so I would use a warm washcloth and started to use a toner as well. First witch hazel with lavender and then later Burts Bees Rosewater. I also didn't like the idea of using a tissue, it just felt like it was too wasteful and harsh and would add unecessary tugging. After a few weeks, I still felt it wasn't doing much in terms of helping with my bumps and clogs, and while my problems might be internal and a cleanser alone won't do the trick, it felt just too greasy for me and potentially problematic so I returned it. I returned to my previous cleanser, which was Olay sensitive foaming face wash and though I had issues with dryness in the past with that, I'm having better luck now. I also tried a few Mario Badescu cleansers but the Olay has proven to be the best over time.

on 1/26/2014 11:52:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

All the magic you need in one jar. I've tried so many make-up removers but I will always go back to this one. I prefer using a cold cream that baby oil as a cheap option to wipe off makeup. I dab some cream on my face and rub it gently on my eyes for a few seconds, next thing I know all my heavy makeup is gone in an instant. My grandmother has been using this and according to my mom, this was the secret to my granny's youthful glow. Why purchase an expensive product when you can have a cheap drugstore product like this that does great wonders? Will repurchase this over and over again.

on 1/24/2014 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I didn't like it. It didn't feel like it left my face clean.

on 1/24/2014 6:57:00 AM

Ponds Cold Cream
I have used cleansers from the most expensive to the least and when I started to use the Ponds Cold Cream to take my make-up off, found that it not only removed the make-up but my skin felt soft and clean. This product removed all traces of make-up, all. Follow up with your ponds cream day and night and you will never regret it. Experience it yourself and you will testify for yourself to your friends and family.

This is very YMMV. Having used their Makeup Remover with Cucumber cleanser and liking it a lot, I decided to try this since my skin gets drier in the winter, figuring it would be better since it is a richer formula. I love using a makeup removing product first, and then washing my face with my usual cleanser aftewards. I've tried many, from several cleansing oils (my personal favorite) to creams like this. I love how it's so easy to find (in every drugstore) and it is a classic, but it just doesn't work for me. Despite the fact that I wash my face afterwards to remove any residue, every time I've used this I've ended up with clogged pores. Not sure what is in this that causes it (the cucumber cleanser doesn't affect my skin this way) but this is definitely the culprit. I love the thick feel of it though, and even the scent, just can't use it. My skin is particularly sensitive to clogging and blackheads though. Worth a try, and it is a classic for a reason! Just be careful and watch for signs of how it may be affecting your skin!

on 1/14/2014 3:20:00 PM

I love Ponds Cold Cream. I am 36 years old and have had issues with acne / breakouts ever since I stopped taking birth control pills a few years ago. I have tried everything under the sun to clear my skin - prescriptions, proactiv, drug store products, department store products and "natural" remedies. Some helped a little but I still never felt confident in the results and the breakouts would always return within a few days, sometimes worse than before.

Ponds however, had changed my life. I know that sounds dramatic but its true! If you have acne, it really can put a crimp in your relationships, social life and most important, your self-esteem. Within one week the breakouts stopped and within two weeks, I was seeing supple, clear skin. Its amazing and I will never stop using this product.

Here is how I use the Ponds: PM - scoop some out and massage into skin for about 1-2 minute(s), rinse off with hot water / washcloth.(I use older, softer washcloths for the cold cream removal) and then pat my skin dry. Then, I take a little more and to use as a moisturizer. I have the same routine for the morning, except after washing off the cold cream I use the Ponds BB Cream for daytime SPF. The cold cream really is an all-in-one product and I love it!