November 28, 2014 | 1915 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Face Mask

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2010 2:14:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie90

Honestly...I wasn't too impressed with this mask. It didn't seem to anything much for my skin. I expected it to be a thick, potent mask to help dry up my acne and tighten my pores. Unfortunately, this did nothing of the sort. If you have a few minor blackheads or whiteheads and just need a light refreshing mask, or your have sensitive skin this may do the trick. This may sound weird, but I like clay masks that dry like cement on my face because I feel like its sucking all the gunk out of my pores. This, however, doesn't really dry at all and it has a very light consistency. The added menthol gives your skin a very tingly feeling, but that's about it. When I washed it off, my skin didn't feel tight and poreless, it just felt and looked exactly the same. And I still broke out the next day. If you have oily, acne-prone skin spend the $4 and buy Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque it works wonders. Or splurge and buy DDF Sulfur Mask which is also amazing. This did nothing for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 4:23:00 AM More reviews by chikky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this mask weekly. I love the refreshing feeling that the methol gives me & doesn't dry to a complete solid where it's taught & uncomfortable. I doesn't irritate me personally. I can actually talk while having this on.

Much better than all those mud & clay masks, which felt like i was putting dirt on my face. I never really saw results after i washed the mud masks off - i prefered to steam & exfoliat for lifting dirt & cleaning out pores. This one leaves reults by making my skin feel alive & awake - I feel like I'm getting the spa treatment.

My fav mask by far! =)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by rileannas

Just like the other tea tree oil products from TBS, this is just...okay. I bought it on special, and part of the appeal was simply to have a green mask to put on when I was in a spa mood! :)

I like the smell, and the texture, and the tingly feeling when it starts to soak in. However, I don't really notice a difference in my skin since I started using it.

Not wasted money (again, a green mask is good to have around!) but not worth it either.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Kath09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

One of my staples. I wouldn't say it's brilliant although my skin has improved since using it (less blackheads and pimples..and just feels cleaner). I can't attribute it totally to this mask though; however, I do find myself reaching for this mask about twice a month. Smell is not fantastic but I've grown accustomed to it. Also use it in conjunction with their tea tree oil - that is a great product. I usually steam my face for 10 mins, clean out blackheads, then apply the mask. I really think steaming first helps ur skin absorb the product. Although I use a spatula to dig out the product, I wish it came in a tube form - more hygienic without the digging.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2010 6:16:00 AM More reviews by Enigmaticfille

Well, the webiste claims that it will help combat existing blemishes, prevent future breakouts, and control oil and shine all year long. I don't know about all year long as I have used this only for a little over a month! But I've used it 3 times a week and I have noticed a difference!
The Pros!
1. It reduces oil and I haven't had breakouts after using this product! (just one pimple that went away in two days!)
2. The menthol in it really refreshes and lifts the skin and makes it glow!
3. It is really thick and a little goes a long way, I'm sure it would last me months!
Cons!
1. I have a love hate relationship with the smell! Some days I love it some days I hate it!
2. It feels really really hot a minute after I apply it to my face! Bordering on almost burning!
Overall Review!
I would definitely buy it again if not for anything else then atleast because in one month my breakouts have reduced and my skin actually glows whenever I use this!
But I think I would prefer to use it in summer rather than winter because of the smell!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2010 8:30:00 PM More reviews by GoodGala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Again I really don't know why I bought this.

It is a fine face mask under every respect... except for the fact that it does nothing for pimples.

don't buy

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2010 1:00:00 AM More reviews by charming5931

i really like this mask because it calms down my skin and also controls oil secretion. the smell is a bit overwhelming at first but after you get used to it it becomes very calming. the only problem i have with this mask is that it doesnt treat acne. if it did, it would be perfect!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2010 12:21:00 AM More reviews by lunabachellier

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was one of the first masks that I've purchased.
The price was fairly okay, because the mask has last me for around 6 months, and I've used it weekly (sometimes more).
The packaging came in a plastic green tub (colour is the same as the mask itself), which was simple and efficient, which I liked.
That being said, the mask did little to nothing for my skin. My breakouts neither increased nor decreased, and the oil on my skin was the same amount as always. I enjoyed the cooling sensation of the mask on my skin, although I have my doubts about it actually cleaning my skin- it may have just been one of the ingredients in the mask.
Overall, this wasn't that great of a mask. It didn't do anything it was advertised to do (for me, anyway), so I don't think I will be repurchasing this product again. It was fun, but it wasn't worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2010 2:48:00 AM More reviews by kaaary

I love this product because it reduces the redness in my face. It doesn't treat the pimples though and results aren't lasting. It's only going to be for the day of and through the next day. It doesn't help my pimples, it just reduces the redness. I love the smell and the cooling sensation of it when it's on your face and while you wash it off. I don't know if I'd repurchase this though... coming in writing this review I said "yes", but after actually talking about it I don't know if I like it so much anymore lol. It doesn't do anything for my pimples :\ I just like it cuz its a cool mask.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2009 10:44:00 AM More reviews by moshi2

I've been using this product for years. This doesn't help with acne for me as far as I'm concerned. But this product reduces oil on my face. Several days after using this mask, I always notice that my face is far less oily. Mostly I use this during summer months.

I use after shower, scoop the mask out with clean finger so I don't have problem with packaging. Smell will need to get little used to.

Will keep repurchase as necessary since a tub can last me a long time.