December 18, 2014 | 1127 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Face Mask

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This mask really calms my very acne prone skin, and reduces break outs. It's easy to put on and doesn't completely dry so it's relatively easy to wash off as well. It's also pretty mild, so it feels nice on the skin and doesn't dry it out (unlike the sea weed mask which stings, dries and does nothing for my acne).

The price is reasonable, it's actually among the cheaper clay masks I've found, and it lasts a long time. It can be used as a spot treatment over night as well if you don't mind getting green pillows! The mask is not as effective as the fresh masks from Lush, but since I only buy those on occasion, this is my "keep at home at all times" mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2010 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Mallory8smith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS MASK !! after washing my face and placing the toner on it i notice that my face is still dirty but after using this tea tree face mask it makes my skin so clean and look fresh, also it dose help with the breakouts. i will buy this again , the smell will take some getting use to , and it will last a long time b/c its thick i have had this for a year and im just finishing the product, going to buy more !!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2010 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Turtleloverrr

After about 2 months of using this, I can say that it made my skin feel soft and bright. But sadly did very little for my acne.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2010 2:14:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie90

Honestly...I wasn't too impressed with this mask. It didn't seem to anything much for my skin. I expected it to be a thick, potent mask to help dry up my acne and tighten my pores. Unfortunately, this did nothing of the sort. If you have a few minor blackheads or whiteheads and just need a light refreshing mask, or your have sensitive skin this may do the trick. This may sound weird, but I like clay masks that dry like cement on my face because I feel like its sucking all the gunk out of my pores. This, however, doesn't really dry at all and it has a very light consistency. The added menthol gives your skin a very tingly feeling, but that's about it. When I washed it off, my skin didn't feel tight and poreless, it just felt and looked exactly the same. And I still broke out the next day. If you have oily, acne-prone skin spend the $4 and buy Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque it works wonders. Or splurge and buy DDF Sulfur Mask which is also amazing. This did nothing for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 4:23:00 AM More reviews by chikky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this mask weekly. I love the refreshing feeling that the methol gives me & doesn't dry to a complete solid where it's taught & uncomfortable. I doesn't irritate me personally. I can actually talk while having this on.

Much better than all those mud & clay masks, which felt like i was putting dirt on my face. I never really saw results after i washed the mud masks off - i prefered to steam & exfoliat for lifting dirt & cleaning out pores. This one leaves reults by making my skin feel alive & awake - I feel like I'm getting the spa treatment.

My fav mask by far! =)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by rileannas

Just like the other tea tree oil products from TBS, this is just...okay. I bought it on special, and part of the appeal was simply to have a green mask to put on when I was in a spa mood! :)

I like the smell, and the texture, and the tingly feeling when it starts to soak in. However, I don't really notice a difference in my skin since I started using it.

Not wasted money (again, a green mask is good to have around!) but not worth it either.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Kath09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

One of my staples. I wouldn't say it's brilliant although my skin has improved since using it (less blackheads and pimples..and just feels cleaner). I can't attribute it totally to this mask though; however, I do find myself reaching for this mask about twice a month. Smell is not fantastic but I've grown accustomed to it. Also use it in conjunction with their tea tree oil - that is a great product. I usually steam my face for 10 mins, clean out blackheads, then apply the mask. I really think steaming first helps ur skin absorb the product. Although I use a spatula to dig out the product, I wish it came in a tube form - more hygienic without the digging.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2010 6:16:00 AM More reviews by Enigmaticfille

Well, the webiste claims that it will help combat existing blemishes, prevent future breakouts, and control oil and shine all year long. I don't know about all year long as I have used this only for a little over a month! But I've used it 3 times a week and I have noticed a difference!
The Pros!
1. It reduces oil and I haven't had breakouts after using this product! (just one pimple that went away in two days!)
2. The menthol in it really refreshes and lifts the skin and makes it glow!
3. It is really thick and a little goes a long way, I'm sure it would last me months!
Cons!
1. I have a love hate relationship with the smell! Some days I love it some days I hate it!
2. It feels really really hot a minute after I apply it to my face! Bordering on almost burning!
Overall Review!
I would definitely buy it again if not for anything else then atleast because in one month my breakouts have reduced and my skin actually glows whenever I use this!
But I think I would prefer to use it in summer rather than winter because of the smell!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2010 8:30:00 PM More reviews by GoodGala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Again I really don't know why I bought this.

It is a fine face mask under every respect... except for the fact that it does nothing for pimples.

don't buy

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2010 1:00:00 AM More reviews by charming5931

i really like this mask because it calms down my skin and also controls oil secretion. the smell is a bit overwhelming at first but after you get used to it it becomes very calming. the only problem i have with this mask is that it doesnt treat acne. if it did, it would be perfect!