September 1, 2014 | 1169 users online

Other - MAC - Back-2-MAC Recycling Program

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2010 3:25:00 AM More reviews by stellaqlf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I love going to the store with empty containers and leaving with free stuff!!

Read that some girls got a free eyeshadow instead on the lippie, I'm from M'sia and was never offered that. I now live in Australia and there's no MAC store where I live, sigh.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2010 1:40:00 AM More reviews by blubutterfly04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an a great program for the avid MAC user. I've been using MAC for over 10 years so I always have containers laying around. I don't by lipsticks unless there is a Viva Glam I really want.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyes01

Love this!! Great marketing tool because people get a free lipstick, love it and keep buying it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by luenaiya

This program is amazing, I cannot for the life of me figure out why the MAC here in the UK does not have a similar program. Surely recycling is a global phenomenon

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by i8grapes

What the hell is wrong with people? It's a free program and you're getting free stuff... Why does anyone complain about this? It's beyond comprehension... RAWR.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

This is a good deal for ecology, for MAC and for the consumer ... I have had only great dealings with my MAC sa's when taking back packaging and have a great eyeshadow collection because of it. One thing I do not understand, however, is why they will only give you an e/s in a pot in exchange for the trade ins. Then you depot it anyway???Oh well - love the program!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 6:49:00 PM More reviews by ChaiSahara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love B2M!! I usually turn in depotted e/s pots, and never had a problem at a freestanding store... even received compliments on how well I depot! In return I usually get just normal eyeshadows, but I have gotten a mineralize one before, too. I've definitely used the heck out of this program, and love it! I try to buy the pro pans when I can, but usually have pots around due to CCO purchases so I can usually use the program several times a year, depending on my buying habits. Definitely helped me become really brand loyal... dunno if that's good or bad :D

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2009 3:48:00 AM More reviews by RealDealBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This program is great - I love to recycle & this is even better in that I get something back.
How it works: you turn in the packaging/containers from 6 (Authentic) MAC purchases (normally, empty) & you get 1 free item (traditionally a lipstick, but sometimes an eyeshadow), of your choice, in return.

Things to know:
- this transaction can be conducted online... go to their website, complete the questions, a form will appear for you to print out & put your (LIPSTICK ONLY) request on, and mail it in with your empties.
- at the counter/store, they MAY let you chose an eyeshadow instead
- some counters require the metal pans in your eyeshadow depots (you can buy these in bulk online, for cheap)
- check with your counter or store to determine what condition they will accept your empties in, and what (eyeshadow or lipstick) you will be able to receive in return.
- you cannot Back 2 Mac (B2M) for the Viva Glam products ... but does it really matter - you're cheating the charity by getting it for free.... just make the donation (100% of purchase price) and buy the Viva Glams :)
- you can go online and see what products' empties you're allowed to B2M

Overall, this is a really great program that more cosmetic companies should offer.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2009 1:50:00 AM More reviews by tina1wina13

This program is great if you have an actual MAC store around! However I don't and Macy's sucks for B2M! Don't go there if you have to choose go to Dillards! Macy's doesn't any longer accep Limited Edition empties or makeup remover wipe refill empties ( I know!) So I had to wait to get my mom a lipstick, and they said it had to be a plushglass or lipstick. The rules are changing up depending on he counter and the store. I LOVE this program though it is so helpful, I just wish the rules applied to ALL mac counters and stores.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by jazmatazz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great program and I use it often since I buy a lot of MAC makeup. Help the environment and your pocketbook at the same time!