MAC Nymphette lipglass

4.3

on 11/21/2009 10:58:00 AM

My favorite go to lipgloss. It looks great in the winter on fair skin, and it looks even better in the summer with tan skin. It's like NARS Orgasm in a lipgloss, same golden pink color. On me, this gloss does not look purely gold. It looks pink with golden undertones. I like to pair it alone with a smokey eye. I'm pretty sure i'm wearing it in my profile pictures.

Not a huge fan of layering this on top of lipstick, it can look great on top of some neutral shades, but horrible with others that are more metallic. Not cute. The only problem I have with Nymphette is that it has a very STICKY consistency. But color wins over texture. It will continue to be in my make-up bag. :)

on 11/20/2009 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wanted to like this color...however...this pink and gold combined are not really right for my skin color..almost blends in too much to where it looks like I am not wearing anything...I'm a NC20 and it just looks terrible. I'll mix with other colors to use it.
I think I need a shade darker or lighter skin for this to look good.

on 11/19/2009 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

purchased this product for the second time and I'm still very pleased with it It looks great on my NC45-50 skintone. On me it comes off as a golden colour suprisingly, not pink which I like.

on 11/15/2009 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Nymphette is such a gorgeous gloss colour. The golden sheen to it really gives it something special. I'm NC35 and it looks so pretty! Would definitely buy again if I run out.

I have a love hate relationship with MAC lipglasses. Awesome color selection. Hate the stickyness. I adore this color! It didn't look like anything special to me when I first saw it. When the MA applied it on me it was a whole different ball game! Beautiful pinky peachy gold color. Looks amazing on mostly everyone I've seen it on. Its a staple in my handbag.

on 10/14/2009 4:45:00 PM

This is my FAVORITE lip gloss forever and ever. It's the perfect pink with gold undertones which basically would look good on everyone! It instantly glams up your face and has incredible lasting power. The color is like none other - I definitely have not found any dupes for this color and this quality in any other brand. My only gripe is that it is a tad bit too sticky as are all mac glosses and my hair gets stuck to it. thats all, but i will die if they ever discontinue this.

on 10/7/2009 8:06:00 PM

I love this lip gloss it is a must. I wish it stayed on longer but the color is so wonderful I can live with that. I isn't sticky and no smell.

on 10/2/2009 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This really failed to impress. The base color without all that gold shimmer is MLBB. The gold shimmer does me in. Its way to much and looks down right strange on me. B2M it goes towards a better lippy, gloss, or shadow.

on 9/30/2009 12:23:00 AM

i am not a big lipgloss , lipglass fan , because reapplying is just not my thing. but overall i can say that this lipglass stays on for a while, depending on if you eat all the time or not, probably around an hour or two, but all lipglosses are like that. but the color itself is a shiny pink with gold sparkles, and i like this product. it goes good with lipstick underneath and it give your lips that lucious shine. because its small you can carry it almost everywhere and anywhere! i recommend this for lipgloss lovers because it stays longer than a lipgloss and fades faster than a lipstick.

on 9/19/2009 12:09:00 AM

This is hands down my favourite lipglass so far! I was hooked on prrr, but this wins over prrr - prrr looked very frosty on my lips which I loved but since I've tried nymphette I think it suits my cool skin toning better -it has very light gold reflects and at first glance it looks like a baby pinky gold purple hue lipgloss, but once on lips it strikes me as a baby pink with a slight shimmery gold.

Lipglasses have awesome staying power as well, and the colour is very pigmented but also that you can put a layer over lipstick, I think Mac's Angel looks really pretty paired with this.

Yes they are sticky - all lipglasses are, but I don't mind and I have kinda short hair anyway so no major issues there!

I actually think this colour would be quite universal on many different colouring etc, if unsure test it out at a mac counter - but I actually bought mine on ebay and on a whim too - based on all the great reviews on here - I would 100% reccomend it - once it's run out I will definitely repurchase, love love love.

I've added a photo too above, and it's taken with flash and it shows the prettyness of the colour!

Recommended for Medium Skin