Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner

3.5

Water Purified, SD Alcohol 40, Glycolic Acid, Witch Hazel, Sodium PCA, Salicylic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus Extract, Peppermint Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Lactate, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Fragrances

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

i m not sure ab. the disappearance of the pores,but overall it s one fine toner. it does have alcohol but i cant tell....'cos i can not smell it. it just has a very pleassant scent.
it leaves my skin very fresh but not stripped,you know.

althogh,i wish it had a bigger hole for letting the product out. to me it s pretty annoying :-)

on 7/23/2009 4:14:00 AM

Pores never disappear, but using this helps refining a bit, since it sweeps away the dead cells on the surface of the skin.
I am very surprised by the white/black head removing ability.
I see significant result after deep cleanse mask/ exfoliation, when pores are enlarged, use this toner with a cotton ball/pad, black heads can be rubbed out from my nose!!! Wow! No other toners can do the same!
It has alcohol that's why it is drying. My nose is red like Rudolph when using it. I will not recommend it to sensitive skin viewers.

on 7/19/2009 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've used this toner for about 4 months and really like it. I don't find an overwhelming smell like some of the other reviewers. It does tingle a bit when applying. I don't know that it reduces pore size but I have noticed an improvement in the texture of my skin. I'll be buying another bottle of this!

on 7/5/2009 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very nice toner. Does not dry my skin out and works very well. Good price. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I started using this toner a month ago (2x/day) and I was pleased with its results. I didn't get any new pimples! My areas of redness decreased enough to make me happy and my skin was soft and smooth. The good part came when I started using the Target store brand version of Neutrogena's Oil Free Acne Wash with it. Everything became smoother and softer!! Amazing!! Did I mention I haven't gotten any new pimples (even before the new face wash)!! I can't stop touching my face but I have to!

I bought it to try out glycolic acid (AHA) and to see how well I could tolerate it along side salicylic acid. The label doesn't specify a %. I could do without the alcohol. I don't find it drying but how necessary is it when it could be made moisturizing with glycerin or plain water. My super oily skin daydreams it could be drier!

You MUST use sunscreen with it and more importantly reapply sooner than you think, more often if you are sweating! I don't use sunscreen for my day to day routine but anytime outside for more than walking to the car/building USE IT!

I'll update if something changes.

on 6/28/2009 11:59:00 PM

great! no redness after using this like i had w/ clinique's toner (which i loved though). cap sometimes doesn't close right, i can see it breaking possibly? but otherwise calms breakouts, prevents them, i think an essential step in my routine! no dryness either. :)

on 6/5/2009 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this toner! The combo of salicylic acid and glycolic acid really helps keep my skin clear! I have problem combination skin that is prone to breakouts. Since using this product, my skin looks much clearer. I was previously using Proactiv toner, which also does a decent job sloughing off dead skin cells, but it was getting way too expensive. Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner is 1/3 the price and contains double the amount of toner!

on 5/16/2009 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

i like this product. in the summer where it's super hot and humid, i need more than just plain witch hazel. i like that this product doesn't have color in it and doesn't smell medicinal. there is a bit too much fragrance in it but i like the ingredients (glycolic acid, salicylic acid, witch hazel, aloe). of course i don't know the amounts but this is a good toner. i actually think it should be renamed. it's not really pore refining but more skin evening. maybe that doesn't sound as sexy. anyway, a good toner that i would recommend for an oily skin girl like myself. if your skin is not oily this may be too much for you.

on 5/14/2009 12:37:00 AM

I have combination skin.

Didn't do much for my face at all..........actually dried it out a lot, and I kinda broke out too...

I've given up on toners...

on 5/11/2009 5:57:00 PM

I really haven't used a whole lot of toners, but this one seems to work nicely. It smooths out my skin and the benefits of alpha-hydroxy are great. It also helps take off traces of left over makeup at the end of the day after cleansing. I also feel that it helps keeps pimples at bay and I have to say, I have used this a couple of times after picking (I know, very bad) and it has helped heal blemishes much more quickly. Decent product considering I haven't used any other big name toners to compare it to.