July 28, 2014 | 1928 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Pore Refining Toner

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2009 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Jessieling

Well I only used this product for only one day so I don't really have much to say but j bought this toner because of the reviews and decided to give it a chance. The smell doesn't bother me. It didnt dry me out at all which I love because currently I don't have a good moisturizer.=( I want one but every moisturizer I've used didn't work and DDM broke me out but anyway back to the toner. I saw that it helped with my breakouts but I don't know if that was the other products I am using. I like this product but I don't think I will buy again just because I am always looking for new products and I have to REALLY love something to repurchase. This is an OK toner. I would recommend it but I only use it every other day because I'm afraid the alcohal will harm my skin but if there is nothing better I will gladly buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

Yikes, yikes, and YIKES!!! Would not use again nor repurchase! This stuff burned my face, made me cough everytime I used it, and irritated my skin to the point of breaking out. Who needs that? I would advise anyone with sensitive skin or rosacea to stay far away from this stuff! I had a similar reaction from this as when I used that horrible Proactive stuff a long time ago....

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 11:50:00 PM More reviews by x3sandiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am amazed by this toner because my first toner was the Olay one and that one broke me out really bad. Ever since that time I have been dreading toners. Until I sucked up the courage to try this one and it was awesome. It feels really nice on my skin and doesn't break me out. My pores aren't as visible. Overall I would re purchase this product again and again. Big thumbs up :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2009 12:31:00 PM More reviews by MLC1986

I've only been using this toner for a few weeks now, but so far, I really like it. My skin can be really sensitive, so the one drawback for me personally, is that sometimes I notice that it makes my skin a little pinkish-red shortly after I use it, most likely due to the alcohol. It goes away after about five minutes and my skin feels really refreshed and smooth. I actually don't mind the smell, it's better than a lot of other toners that I have smelled before. I will most likely buy again if I don't find something that I like better.

UPDATE: Thought I'd give this an extra lippy after more long time use. I stopped using this stuff for a while because I wasn't sure it was really doing anything for my skin in the long run. WRONG! After I stopped using it my skin had more of an uneven tone and larger pores. I know that from using this regularly my overall skin is healthier and looks much better. Even with sensitive skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2009 11:03:00 PM More reviews by thejennator

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This was one of my first toners. I stopped using it after thinking it had broken me out, but a couple of weeks ago I ran out of the toner in my 3 step system(darn those small bottles!) and I started using this again. Best decision I ever made! It feels SO nice on my skin. Truly refreshing and purifying.

I've had this clogged pore/blackhead on my nose for a couple of months now. It wasn't too noticable, so I never bothered to get rid of this because I was afraid of making it worse. (Nose acne is a huge pet peeve of mine, so I'm SUPER careful of zits there) After testing this toner on the rest of my face, I took a q tip and dipped it into the toner. I really rubbed it into that one clogged pore, I was able to literally squeeze out the solidified gunk with my index fingers after a few hours. Nasty and disgusting, I know, but way interesting! I've never been able to do that with a toner before.

My existing scars and acne have really cleared up, and I haven't gotten any new zits from this. I think the AHA in here deserves the credit for helping my acne scars.

I can't say enough about this product, but I'm going to stop here. Go buy this!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2009 3:09:00 AM More reviews by PaleBrunette

I have already re-purchased this toner, that's saying a lot. I like the AHA's, bye bye blackheads. I use this product after cleansing, concentrating on my nose, chin and jawline. I have dry/combination skin with a seasonally oily t-zone, dry cheeks and fine lines on my forehead. This product dissolves the sebum, dirt and debris that collects in the pores and makes them less visible. I have noticed that it really seems to make my clay masks more effective, too. The gunk is already loose and the clay just pulls it all right to the surface. Try it with a Biore pore strip, you will be grossed out and fascinated all at the same time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Kairin

I cried when I ran out of this. CRIED. I'm using a natural, organic toner now. I still miss this though. Works faster. :-(

PROS: Works. Cleans skin and clears from all ailments. Didn't have a single zit or blemish. Refreshing and deep cleaning. Awesome product.

CONS: The price? I don't know or remember what it costs. I can't remember the price... but I won't count off for the price. I believe you should only count off lipsticks for the QUALITY of the merchandise, not the PRICE. Aren't you supposed to rate the product, not it's price? People love MAC so much and it costs a bazillion dollars. We all know. But they love it. QUALITY. Back on topic on toners though. (I am such a ranter... :-P)

Would repurchase though. Very nice on my skin. *hugs the bottle* Wish you were in my cabinet with my other icky cleansers. At least you work though... bragging rights. :-/

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2009 12:12:00 AM More reviews by arahitah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product works well if you only use it three or four times a week; using it twice a day--even with moisturizer--stripped my skin of any moisture and made it break out into tiny little zits. I wouldn't say it actually refines the pores, but it does clean your skin really well and removes excess oil and make-up very well. It also dries out little zits I might get from time to time--so it's not a bad product. I am still looking for a better toner, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2009 4:48:00 PM More reviews by chica21608

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this once a week in the winter, and up to three times a week in the summer to clear out my pores and clean my face. It smoothes out my face and I find the smell of it..pleasant. My face tends to be dry in the winter, but I still feel the need to brush this on my face because it does smooth out the dry patches. In the summer, this is a must have because my face is oily on a daily basis, but I limit myself to three times a week.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2009 12:53:00 AM More reviews by alenemccoy

I really like this stuff. As far as AHA products go, this is a good one. It really refines my skin after just one day of use. I find its a little too harsh to use daily. But I use it once every few days and it keeps my skin looking really smooth.
Update: I had to remove two lippies because the smell really started to bother me. I feel like Im breathing in chemical fumes when I use this, to the point now where I dont really want to use it any more. I even tried holding my breath when I apply it but I cant hold it long enough. Really a bummer because I LOVE everything else about it.