April 21, 2014 | 1506 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Pore Refining Toner

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2009 12:12:00 AM More reviews by arahitah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product works well if you only use it three or four times a week; using it twice a day--even with moisturizer--stripped my skin of any moisture and made it break out into tiny little zits. I wouldn't say it actually refines the pores, but it does clean your skin really well and removes excess oil and make-up very well. It also dries out little zits I might get from time to time--so it's not a bad product. I am still looking for a better toner, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2009 4:48:00 PM More reviews by chica21608

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this once a week in the winter, and up to three times a week in the summer to clear out my pores and clean my face. It smoothes out my face and I find the smell of it..pleasant. My face tends to be dry in the winter, but I still feel the need to brush this on my face because it does smooth out the dry patches. In the summer, this is a must have because my face is oily on a daily basis, but I limit myself to three times a week.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2009 12:53:00 AM More reviews by alenemccoy

I really like this stuff. As far as AHA products go, this is a good one. It really refines my skin after just one day of use. I find its a little too harsh to use daily. But I use it once every few days and it keeps my skin looking really smooth.
Update: I had to remove two lippies because the smell really started to bother me. I feel like Im breathing in chemical fumes when I use this, to the point now where I dont really want to use it any more. I even tried holding my breath when I apply it but I cant hold it long enough. Really a bummer because I LOVE everything else about it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 12:00:00 PM More reviews by TheWorldsDresser

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product that contains blemish and anti aging treatments. My HG toner was recently discontinued and I can't believe that I found a replacement. I'm not big on drugstore items, but this one is fantastic and does better than many expensive toners that I've tried. It has a slight medicinal smell that quickly goes away. The top is quirky to work with and you can easily get too much on your cotton ball/round so you may want to transfer it to another container if that happens.

I am very acne prone and it's a joy to find something that doesn't break me out. Fantastic product, you can't beat the price and I will rebuy often.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by krisdepp

so i couldnt live without this stuff for about a year. i have sensitive, acne prone, oily skin and i thought this was helping keep me clear/exfoliate every day. it wasnt until i got the boots sensitive skin gentle toner that i realized how horrible this toner is. its harsh and makes redness worse. will never use this again.

update: neutrogena, i'm back forever. i tried something more gentle but it made me very oily in the long run. i will never go back.
i know the alcohol is bad for my skin, but it keeps my oil under control more than anything else i've tried.

update of my update: i try not to switch up my face routine all that much, but i've kicked my harsh toner habit for good. i've switched to avalon organics vitamin c sun-aging defense toner. i like it so much more. it's gentle and best of all i don't need a moisturizer with it (i am oily, though)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2009 8:42:00 PM More reviews by 1happygirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is wonderful! I have been using this product for quite some time and will continue to do so. I have sensitive skin and it hasn't bothered it at all. I believe this helps to make my skin look refreshed and refined with no drying or irritation. It keeps skin clean and feeling smooth. I think it helps my other skin care products work better as well. Try it. You won't be sorry!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 7:37:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I really hate the heavy cologne-like fragrance they've added. It makes applying this stuff so unpleasant. This leaves a slight residue on the skin so that it feels a little clammy and uncomfortable. I just didn't feel clean after applying this stuff. My skin generally responds well to witch hazel and acids, but I think this toner broke me out a little. Finally, the packaging is terrible and should be redone. It's impossible to get toner out without dribbling and wasting a lot of it. The only good thing about it is that it's inexpensive/a good value. Worth trying if you're not grossed out by the scent and can tolerate the ingredients.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Candice72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

On my second bottle and really loving this product!

A few months back my skin (at the age of 36) started to break out all over. I decided to give this toner a try. Within a week it was all cleared up and has stayed that way. After using, my face feels really clean, but not tight or over dry. In fact, I've found that my skin needs less moisturizer since using this product. Some nights I even skip it entirely-- previously unheard of for me! I'm guessing that the alpha and beta hydroxy acids in the toner are speeding up my skin cell turnover and as a result I have far less dry, flaky skin to deal with! Yay!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2009 12:49:00 AM More reviews by OutOfLine

I didnt realize how great this stuff was until I stopped using it and noticed how clogged my pores were, how dul my skin was and those nasty blackheads everywhere.
___________________________________________________________
Yes... it has alcohol in it... I couldnt care less because it does wonders for my skin. Not only does it refreshen your skin it also seems to wake it up and TIGHTEN it! And not in a bad way.... it also feels smoother and softer. Pores are unclogged and it honestly did seem to shrink my pores because it did tighten my skin.
___________________________________________________________
Dont use this too close to the eyes. Safe to use morning and evening. It also removes traces of makeup. Would not recommend to sensitive skin because even on me it sometimes stings.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2009 8:07:00 PM More reviews by CTP

The packaging isn't that cute. Yeah, I'm a sucker for packaging. Also, I can't see how much product is left.

I don't have a lot of toner experiences so I still need to experiment with toners to find a "good" toner.