April 18, 2014 | 933 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2009 1:02:00 PM More reviews by katexiee

Great primer in terms of making makeup last longer and does not feel greasy upon application. 1 lippie off for the scent, which can be quite off-putting.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by sanpe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this primer and i didn't like it. It just didn't help my foundation stay on longer. I prefer Smashbox primer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 11:02:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OH!!! I have yet to find a primer that actually works for my overly oily skin. All of the ones I have tried dont sink in to my skin, and sit at the top making my skin slick throughout the day. So I decided to try this primer since everyone around me raves about LM, this is just as crappy as the other ones. I had breakthrough shine every hour, I blot so much when I wear this. The only thing I like about LM skincare is that it doesnt irritate my skin, it doesnt seem heavy and its fine quality skincare (thats why I'm rating it a 2), I can tell by the texture of my skin when I wear it, but I am not so impressed with the overall preformance of this product. Perhaps I should have tried the oil free version of the foundation primer, maybe I will, but I'm returning this product today.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2009 8:48:00 AM More reviews by RussianDoll01

This was the first foundation primer I had ever tried. I wouldl recommend this if youre doing formal makeup and you want your foundation to last it feels like a drying oil on your skin. It broke my skin out but it does really set your foundation if youre doing formal makeup id recommend using this a liquid foundation then a loose powder over it to set it for a nice finish. This just isnt a product thta would be practical for everyday use it broke my skin out too bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2009 9:00:00 PM More reviews by pinkpeoniesgirl

This was my first foundation primer. I love it! It makes my foundation stay on longer and doesn't make my face look greasy. It has a scent to it but I don't mind.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 2:18:00 AM More reviews by sfreeman87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought some stuff from LM a while a go and the SA included two fairly liberal size samples of this stuff. She used the primer on me to help me match the TM I was going to buy and I wasn't that impressed or convinced that I really need a primer so I didn't buy it. All I can say is that I am glad that I did not. I'm not sure how much it actually costs, but if it's like anything else LM I'm sure it isn't cheap.
Don't waste your money, any half-decent moisturiser will do a much better job than this product. I didn't find it really did much. One thing it did do however is cause my skin to sting as a soon as I applied it to my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2009 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Bradiette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I don't think it's heavy or that it smells, I think it's kinda of just like a light moisturizer texture. You can tell it's a primer but it doesn't have the really smooth texture that I want a primer to have. It doesn't make me greasy, but it doesn't control oil, it doesn't make me break out, but it doesn't really do anything good. I don't feel like it adds staying power to my foundation or give it a better finish. I don't hate it, but I wouldn't pay for it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by kiiwiii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't like this primer. It smells bad, feels heavy and sticky, and it doesn't make my foundation last any longer. I won't buy it again..

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2009 5:50:00 AM More reviews by aprmayjun

This primer just feels really heavy on my face. Every since I tried Korres, I don't think I could ever go back to Laura Mercier. However, I think this primer helps my make up stay on a little bit longer than Korres.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2009 11:31:00 PM More reviews by JCYChang

this was my first primer, and i really wanted to like it after reading so many good reviews. although it didn't break me out like it did some people, however i found it too heavy and greasy... it didn't really make any noticeable difference on my makeup. i think a good moisturizer will work just as good... i would not buy this again after finishing the bottle.