November 24, 2014 | 1408 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 1:04:00 AM More reviews by raynie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i dont know why so many ppl dont like, but i was pretty much impressed by this product when i first used it. well, i think the reason why a lot of ppl hate this product is that they expect wrong result from this primer. it is not a oil-control primer. do not buy it if you wish it will prevent you from getting oily face. it actually even will make your t-zone more oily.
it is actually a smooth and silky finish primer, which means once you apply it as a primer and then apply foundation on. your foundation will be much easier to be applied smoothly and give you a silky finish. i have combonation skin, so i only apply this product on my cheeks and i found that the side with this product as a bace, its foundation is much more natural and silky, and the side without this product is much more caky looking. just be careful dont apply it on your t-zone if you have oily t-zone like me.
i will say the price is kind of pricy but a good quality face product wont make your skin more and more dull or harm your skin as most of drugstore products do. so i think i will repurchase it except i found another more satisfying one.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2009 8:50:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The primer helps foundation and blush last longer, smells pleasant and it is not too heavy. A little product goes a long way. LM's SA said that it does not contain silicone, but dimethicone is one of the top ingreadients of this primer!! I much prefer this primer to the Smashbox one (which is pure silicone slathered on my face, I hate it!).

Is it useful? I am doubtful. It does what it says on the box, it is pretty expensive and I do not see it becoming a staple in my make up box. I will finish the tube and very unlikely purchase it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2009 11:28:00 AM More reviews by silvermoong

This primer makes my skin oily and makes blending my foundation very difficult. However, it doesn't break me out. I'm switching to the oil free primer now and will write a review about it soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by moniluna6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This primer is hard to apply because its really sticky. And makes my face feel oily throughout the day. Although it did help my make up apply easier and last longer, I don't like the stickiness of it at all. I reccomend getting a sample before buying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 3:56:00 AM More reviews by boombutt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i love this primer. it seems gel based to me. makes my MU go on so smooth and flawless. i use this over my moisturizer. this really seals in the moisture yet doesnt make me oily. my skin is very sensitive and this doesnt break me out. this product feels as expensive as it costs.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2009 10:54:00 AM More reviews by MakeupGirl500

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this at Sephora. I heard good things about this primer and I bought the oil-free version because I have very oily skin that can get breakouts.

Honestly, it didn't live up to my expectations. I first tried it on my eyelids to hold my eyeshadow in place but some of my eyemakeup creased and faded. I used on my face and at the end of the day my blush had faded somewhat. The results were mixed for me with this primer.

I don't think I'll buy this again because it just too expensive for such mediocre results. Once my current supply runs out, I will keep looking for a better primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2009 2:04:00 PM More reviews by cc_terceira

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The primer is light, but layered with a moisturizer and foundation it was too heavy for me. The primer is not moisturizing enough for me to cut out the moisturizer so I can’t cut that step out. My skin got pretty oily by midday and it did not make my makeup last longer. I’m new to primers, and high hopes that this highly rated primer would be the one. The search goes on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2009 11:48:00 AM More reviews by bjborsody

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It does what it is suppose to do, that is make my foundation last longer. For some reason, it also makes my foundation look cakey and heavy. No matter what method I use to apply it (brush, damp sponge, fingers, etc.,) I end up with an almost pancake makeup look, not flattering on someone speeding down the road to 50. Fortunately, this was a large sample I received from Sephora so I am not out anything. I personally prefer to use no primer as opposed to this. Plus I suspect it is causing some breakouts. There are better options out there!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2009 7:20:00 PM More reviews by spiderleenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This worked terribly on my skin. Granted, it did make my makeup last longer, but it caused so many other problems on my skin.

First off, the primer makes my face feel sticky. That's probably why my makeup stays on longer, but it made blending my foundation very difficult.

Also, it made my skin super-oily, which also caused me to break out. Usually when I use a primer, I only have to use oil absorbing sheets once between putting it on and washing it off. With this primer, though, I had to blot my face at least three times. Awful.

Verdict? I won't be buying this again. It makes my makeup last longer, but it makes my skin feel and look disgusting.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2009 1:02:00 PM More reviews by katexiee

Great primer in terms of making makeup last longer and does not feel greasy upon application. 1 lippie off for the scent, which can be quite off-putting.