September 3, 2014 | 1020 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by moniluna6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This primer is hard to apply because its really sticky. And makes my face feel oily throughout the day. Although it did help my make up apply easier and last longer, I don't like the stickiness of it at all. I reccomend getting a sample before buying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 3:56:00 AM More reviews by boombutt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i love this primer. it seems gel based to me. makes my MU go on so smooth and flawless. i use this over my moisturizer. this really seals in the moisture yet doesnt make me oily. my skin is very sensitive and this doesnt break me out. this product feels as expensive as it costs.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2009 10:54:00 AM More reviews by MakeupGirl500

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this at Sephora. I heard good things about this primer and I bought the oil-free version because I have very oily skin that can get breakouts.

Honestly, it didn't live up to my expectations. I first tried it on my eyelids to hold my eyeshadow in place but some of my eyemakeup creased and faded. I used on my face and at the end of the day my blush had faded somewhat. The results were mixed for me with this primer.

I don't think I'll buy this again because it just too expensive for such mediocre results. Once my current supply runs out, I will keep looking for a better primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2009 2:04:00 PM More reviews by cc_terceira

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The primer is light, but layered with a moisturizer and foundation it was too heavy for me. The primer is not moisturizing enough for me to cut out the moisturizer so I can’t cut that step out. My skin got pretty oily by midday and it did not make my makeup last longer. I’m new to primers, and high hopes that this highly rated primer would be the one. The search goes on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2009 11:48:00 AM More reviews by bjborsody

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It does what it is suppose to do, that is make my foundation last longer. For some reason, it also makes my foundation look cakey and heavy. No matter what method I use to apply it (brush, damp sponge, fingers, etc.,) I end up with an almost pancake makeup look, not flattering on someone speeding down the road to 50. Fortunately, this was a large sample I received from Sephora so I am not out anything. I personally prefer to use no primer as opposed to this. Plus I suspect it is causing some breakouts. There are better options out there!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2009 7:20:00 PM More reviews by spiderleenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This worked terribly on my skin. Granted, it did make my makeup last longer, but it caused so many other problems on my skin.

First off, the primer makes my face feel sticky. That's probably why my makeup stays on longer, but it made blending my foundation very difficult.

Also, it made my skin super-oily, which also caused me to break out. Usually when I use a primer, I only have to use oil absorbing sheets once between putting it on and washing it off. With this primer, though, I had to blot my face at least three times. Awful.

Verdict? I won't be buying this again. It makes my makeup last longer, but it makes my skin feel and look disgusting.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2009 1:02:00 PM More reviews by katexiee

Great primer in terms of making makeup last longer and does not feel greasy upon application. 1 lippie off for the scent, which can be quite off-putting.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by sanpe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this primer and i didn't like it. It just didn't help my foundation stay on longer. I prefer Smashbox primer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 11:02:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OH!!! I have yet to find a primer that actually works for my overly oily skin. All of the ones I have tried dont sink in to my skin, and sit at the top making my skin slick throughout the day. So I decided to try this primer since everyone around me raves about LM, this is just as crappy as the other ones. I had breakthrough shine every hour, I blot so much when I wear this. The only thing I like about LM skincare is that it doesnt irritate my skin, it doesnt seem heavy and its fine quality skincare (thats why I'm rating it a 2), I can tell by the texture of my skin when I wear it, but I am not so impressed with the overall preformance of this product. Perhaps I should have tried the oil free version of the foundation primer, maybe I will, but I'm returning this product today.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2009 8:48:00 AM More reviews by RussianDoll01

This was the first foundation primer I had ever tried. I wouldl recommend this if youre doing formal makeup and you want your foundation to last it feels like a drying oil on your skin. It broke my skin out but it does really set your foundation if youre doing formal makeup id recommend using this a liquid foundation then a loose powder over it to set it for a nice finish. This just isnt a product thta would be practical for everyday use it broke my skin out too bad.