November 26, 2014 | 1335 users online

Toners - LUSH - Tea Tree Water

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 9:58:00 AM More reviews by HauteHarlequin

I'm giving this five stars despite the fact that it doesn't really "do" anything. I love this toner because it's gentle and non-abrasive, and I find the smell of tea tree to be really relaxing. I feel like it does help my moisturizer sink into my skin & is a nice refreshing second step between cleansing and moisturizing. But, I have been out of it for about a month now and my skin hasn't worsened or improved, making me realize it's sort of a useless step. However, I still rate this as one of my favorites, because I love how clean & refreshed it makes my skin feel.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2011 9:58:00 AM More reviews by RoxieHeart

I really wanted to like it because it doesn't have alcohol or seemingly dodgy chemicals in it but I just dont feel like it does anything! I don't like the spray bottle as it takes ages to get enough on the cotton ball ( I don't want this stuff up my nose and on my eyelids so I won't spray it on my face) and when I've wiped it off there's no dirt or anything on the cotton ball.

I checked the ingredients and they don't actually specify how much tea tree is in it so I suspect it's mostly water. Can't help feeling conned that they charge around 5 for a tiny bottle that's probably almost 100% water. I might give it another go once I've sorted out the rest of my skincare routine so I can properly see if it makes any difference but the fact that a lot of people who give it a good review have said "I don't actually use this as a toner" doesnt inspire confidence. Will give it one last chance then probably switch back to Simple. Getting sick of Lush and their ever increasing rip-off prices!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Jenstarlast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I have repurchased this product and still really like it. I use it as my toner after cleansing. Since I have combination acne prone skin and sometimes get dry patches, this can dry you out. Highly recommend for Oily skin as it does not make you more oily. So, when I am more oily (mid summer) I use this twice a day. In the fall, once a day and then I use a different toner alternating. I usually skip this in the winter unless I find myself getting more oil. NOTE: I have used this two ways and it does affect the result! If you spray the toner on your face, it will dry you out more. So, if you want less oil, that is an option. If you use a facial cotton pad and spray the product on the pad then run it over your face, this is less drying. Also, because I understand this product is costly. If you do not want as much drying and want to be conservative about how much product you are using. Go pick up Thayer's Alcohol Free Rose Toner from Whole Foods and a travel spray bottle and mix the two to the ratio you prefer. I do half and half. This is also a great tip to use in fall and winter if you still want to use this product but find it too drying on it's own.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by lauramvig

This is, so far, the ONLY Lush product I've liked. Which is a shame, because so many of their products are vegan.

I keep this in my handbag to spray on my face throughout the day, or to remove my makeup to reapply if I go out straight from work in the evenings.

I wouldn't use it as a toner every day, I do sometimes, but it's usually more of a refresher spray for me.

Either way, love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 5:47:00 PM More reviews by chunkiemunkie2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am in love with this product!! I have been using it regularly for the past year and a half and I am still as impressed by the results as I was when I first purchased it! I have normal-combination skin (which gets oily in the summer) and I swear by this product! It takes away excess oil without drying my combination skin and freshens my skin! My husband also loves this product! Its refreshing with a pleasant smell :) I am sure i will use this forever! LOVE love love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2011 5:55:00 AM More reviews by thatssoblasian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I was a bit hesitant because of the spritzing top but since I've been using it for several months now, its a good way to prevent unnecessary waste of this product. I don't spritz this product directly on my face like how its suggests. I apply a couple of squirts to a cotton ball and wipe it all over my face at night after cleansing. It helps to remove excess oil & dirt that my cleanser may have left behind. It has helped a lot in taming my acne, along with the Herbalism cleanser, so I'm a happy girl. Although it is pretty pricey, if you buy the large bottle it'll last you for several months. I bought my bottle in February of this year and now that its only August, I have yet to get half way finished with this bottle! I will definitely buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by naturallyfab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

One word: LOVE. I love spritzing this on my face after I finished with my Clarisonic Mia, or after a round with Mask of Magnaminty. It's really refreshing (especially if you keep it in the fridge) and helps keep my skin clear. Tea tree water is a general anti-bacterial product, so if you have a cut or a blister, spray some of this on for a natural treatment!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Bulbasaur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I don't use it as a toner though but I have other several uses for it:
1) In the morning I use this on my face after putting sunscreen and before my makeup base. I find that it takes away the extra oil from the sunscreen and with it I have to use less of my makeup base because the application goes more smoothly.
2) After putting on makeup, if I find that my face is a little too powdery or cakey I put a few sprays on my face. I find that it automatically brightens up my complexion and it gives me a natural glow. I can also do some extra blending if I find that my concealer or foundation was showing somewhere.
3) If I am hot during the way, a few sprays will definitely freshen me up and it removes the extra oily feeling on my face.
4) My boyfriend tends to get sunburn (he often refuses to put on sunscreen) and he hates the greasy feeling most creams leave on his skin. He lets me spray this product on him to relieve his burn and hydrate his skin. I can't say that this is super effective, but it does hydrate more than just splashing water on it.
The bottle size is perfect and I have it in my purse at all times. One bottle can last me up to 7 months to a year. For the price, it really is a steal.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by funkykingston1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I take this travelling and to festivals with me. It really gets rid of ALL the dirt, brightens my complexion, and it's lovely as a refreshing spray in the sun. I don't get spotty whilst I'm using this either, my skin looks so good. Really happy.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2011 4:47:00 AM More reviews by princessa00

I don't like when reviewers leave one sentence reviews but in all honesty, this sums it up for me: THIS DIDN'T DO ANYTHING FOR ME.

Pretty much like I've been spraying water on my face for 6 months...

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No