MAC Lustre in Jubilee

4.3

I Love this lipstick! I'm Asian with strong yellow undertones (MAC NC 25-30/Shiseido O40, Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Cream Foundation in Classic Ivory/Nude) and Jubilee does not wash me out one bit. It is not peachy like MAC's Freckletone which washes me out. I wear Jubilee on my natural makeup days but it is also nude enough to wear with smokey/smoky eyes. The lipstick feels creamy on my lips and it smells great (vanilla scent)!

on 6/9/2008 7:17:00 PM

I adore this lipstick. It smells like vanilla and is smooth and creamy. It does not dry my lips out rather seems to keep them moist. The color is on the brownish nude side. Not too orange. Not too peach. Light enough to still be nude-ish. Not dark brown. It looks great on me - i have fair to med skin with peach undertones, non pigmented lips, dark brown hair and eyes. Looks great when i'm tan.

on 6/2/2008 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Jubilee is a Lustre, and in general I find the creamy lustres to be drying and not last very long. But, I love the color of Jubilee so it's a keeper. It's a light nudey tan with peach undertones, but it's not orange at all. It tends towards the brown side. If you enjoy this color tone, another to try would be NARS Napoli (a nice apricot nude that is 1 shade darker than a true nude and a bit brighter than Jubilee). I would not repurchase as this hurts my lips - I would find a dup in another brand.

on 5/26/2008 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this color. It's almost MLBB, but a little on the nude/beige side. My only complaint is that the lipstick broke down inside the tube, getting really messy, but anyway, it's a great color and I just love the Lustre finish.

on 5/4/2008 12:44:00 AM

I read in a beauty magazine that Jubilee is the lipstick that achieves Angelina Jolie's famous 'nude' lip. I love this shade! I'm a PPP with brown eyes and (dyed) auburn hair, and this lipstick doesn't wash me out a bit!

on 5/2/2008 10:46:00 PM

This is perfect for a nude/shimmery lip. This is my go to lipstick when I go for the smoky eye. It gives me just enough color and shine to balance my eye makeup. Since it's a lustre, it wears off faster than the mattes, but it wears much better than most lip glosses. Definitely buy again.

I bought this because I was lookin for a nude/neutral color and this definitely was not it. It's really brown on me, I have hug me and it's a hint lighter but not much. I will not be purchasing it again.

on 4/3/2008 10:37:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Jubilee is very similar to Hug Me, and they look almost *exactly* the same on my pigmented lips, except Jubilee is a tad lighter and has a pinch more brown/nude undertones, while Hug Me has a bit more pink/rose in it. I wore a sheer layer of Hug Me on my upper lip and Jubilee on my lower, and in photos they looked exactly the same. So if you already have one of the two, you really don't need the other. But Jubilee does look a tad more nude when applied heavily on my rosy lips and NC30/BE 2.0 light/EM golden-light complexion, so I wear Jubilee when I want a one-step nude lip, and Hug Me as my go-to work lip color. Applied too heavily, Jubilee looks muddy and makes my complexion look dull and sickly, so I definitely prefer Hug Me as my daily go-to lip color for that reason.

on 4/3/2008 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I put no, i wouldnt buy this again but it's more of a maybe. we'll see how many uses i get out of it. When i first put it on, i was like, "oh no, it's totally gray and orange and i look like a freaking corpse". but then i wiped it off and reapplied it with a lip brush and it looked MUCH better! i had the smoky eyes going but i still looked a little pale (even with blush)-so i topped it with a pink lip gloss and it looked so much better! i like it but i am not sure if i like it enough to repurchase. i will not return it and will use the rest of the tube. it's very creamy but make sure your lips are smooth because it shows all the dead skin on your lips, etc
UPDATE: DO NOT BUY-it's drying, grey and orangey. BUY BOBBI BROWN"S BEIGE INSTEAD! super creamy, long staying power and the perfect nude. no orange or brown tones.

I swapped for MAC's Jubilee lipstick and love it! I have fair skin, blonde hair and the nude-pinkish color of Jubilee doesn't wash me out. It gives my lips just a hint of pink that I like and wear it with any colors!

Popular Lipsticks