April 16, 2014 | 2020 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Select Sheer Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2009 11:33:00 AM More reviews by miriamb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is just the best, would not buy any other foundation anymore. Skin looks PERFECT, flawless, blend perfectly, last all day, light coverage just enough to even out your skin color. Works as a primer for blush/bronzer. Mac has the best color selection, you'll sure find yours! (mine : NC40)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2009 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Milicica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This powder is just...meh...
It does the job ok as the setting powder, but it does look a bit dry-ish unless I spray it with Fix+ or something, and does set into lines.
But for the price I want it to work, especially because I only buy it because Maybeline discontinued the one I used here in Asia(that one was about 5 times cheaper - I am now really sad I never stocked up!).
However, it is the best setting powder I found so far (out of ones available here) so I am sticking with it till something better comes along(hopefully soon).

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2009 5:38:00 PM More reviews by rblondie76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm starting to think that I only like Mac's lipsticks and eyeshadows....every time I've ventured outside of that, I end up sorely disappointed with the quality of their make-up. I think what always draws me back is the price - it's so reasonable compared to higher-end brands, but it's becoming more difficult to justify (for me, anyway) saving money just to end up with a not so great product. Anyway....

I bought the Select Sheer Shadow, expecting a nice, color-matched, translucent powder. I can say the color looked nice and matched my skin tone, but that's where my make-up fairytale ended. Unfortunately, the powder has a tendency to cake heavily, creases in fine lines and had a matte-like setting on my face (even though it's sheer), which as we all know - matte make-up is not natural looking. I actually felt like I looked older using this powder, given the fact I looked like I was wearing a ton of make-up even though I wasn't. Seriously, even Cover Girl has better looking powder than this....I tried it out of sheer desperation one day at work!

Since my Mac powder debacle, I've discovered Stila Sheer Pressed Powder (more expensive but SOOO worth it) and have never looked back at Mac's options. I won't review it here, but it definitely lives up to a true Sheer powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2009 12:16:00 PM More reviews by checotah44

I just tried this power after using Studio Fix for some time. I agree that the look is so natural but it does turn orangy. I have NC 30. What i discovered is that when it mixes with your moisturizer, it turns colors so what i do is i apply a think layer of the prep and prime (white) powder on first and it does not turn orange! i dont have to blot hardly at all with this and i have combo skin. I LOVE this powder. It does melt into your skin rather and just has a natural look. NOT CAKEY! love it.

writing more information. i did exchange the powder for NC 20 and its perfect. I will say this powder is one that looks most natural compared to any i have tried...it NEVER looks cakey...you cant even see it but it still covers. this is the last powder i will use. try it with MAC tinted moisturizer and you will be shocked how good it looks but yet natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2009 9:22:00 PM More reviews by steffmd25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great pressed powder! Probably one of the better ones I have tried. I have repurchased this probably about 2 times. I love it, but I think I am just moving on to MSF Natural. It gives a better finished look to me :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2009 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Saraharas

I wanted to like this product and I really gave it a chance, I used it almost every day for a few weeks, paying close attention to the way it looked in different lighting. But it just didn't work out.

PRO:
The texture of the powder itself is fine, and it doesn't cake, even if you reapply multiple times thoughout the day.

CON:
It oxidizes! 5 minutes after application it turns dark orange and makes my face look a little dirty. This powder will not make you look fresh, it will make you look beat!

Will never buy again and actually, except for MAC blot powder, I am finished with MAC foundations and concealers. I love MAC for eye lip and cheek products, but I don't trust their colour range for face products, everything is too orange or too pink. I will stick with my tried and true Bobbi Brown foundation and powder. It's expensive, but to me, beautiful fresh looking skin is worth the extra money.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2009 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Olom

I don't know why this product has such a high rating! I bought this a couple of days ago and only used it three times since. I really wanted to give this pressed powder a chance (since it wasn't the usual drugstore brand I would normally buy and because it was $30+) but all three times I used it, it just fell short of my expectations.

The make-up artist who helped me choose a color suggested NC40 for me (my skin tone is a natural medium tan) as NC42 was just too orangey and NC35 (I think it was) was just too light. Well, I used this the next day and it made my skin looked darker than it actually was... like I tanned my face a bit but not my body (and that was only after applying it once). I like to touch up on my foundation as the day progresses and I found that this powder just built up and made my skin tone even more darker. Not only that, but I would get shiny areas above my brow, my nose, etc. and I noticed a few new whiteheads after washing my face before bed. *sigh* I think I'll stick to my cheap CoverGirl Trublend Pressed Powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2009 7:17:00 PM More reviews by loliemoo

This powder is nice. Very sheer and is never cakey even after piling it on. However, it does not control oil and should only be used to set foundation. I got this awhile ago when I was still pale so I got it in a very pale color. But now, I got very tan but since it is so sheer it is still usable, which is pretty good! I will not repurchase though because my skin is very oily and I need something to keep my face from looking so shiny. But if you're skin is normal then try this! :] Very sheer, doesn't cake, and doesn't change the color of your foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by shygirl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this to set my foundation.
I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2009 9:23:00 PM More reviews by erin12107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Great powder!! I love to carry this around for touch ups during the day!! Wouldnt say HG but i will definitely repurchase if i ever need to!