November 21, 2014 | 1641 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Pigment in Vanilla

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Phyrne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I seem to be the sole exception, I know, but I truly find this pigment horrible and regret the money spent on it. I bought it because of all the good reviews. In my view the shade looks trashy - much too much glimmer and the colour is a screaming mixture of gold and white. If you want to masquerade as Christmas angel this would be suitable. A highlighter is meant to enhance subtly - I dont`t like people to notice from a distance that I am made up.
The only good thing I can say about vanilla is that the texture is superb as with all MAC pigments.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 2:58:00 PM More reviews by simba2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has to be the most versatile pigment that is out. You can use it for so much. Highlighter for cheekbones, Brow highlight. You can mix it in your foundation and moisturizer. Etc. Its a great buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2009 2:08:00 PM More reviews by shawnarawwwrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

love this! its a great highlight colour, been using this every day since i got it:) lasts for EVER too

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2009 12:46:00 PM More reviews by renkea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

A must-have! Versatile, long-lasting, good color, suits most skin tones... I have no complaint at all! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Elleai

I only use Vanilla pigment as a highlight, so I can't comment on how it wears as an eyeshadow, but I absolutely adore it. It kind of reminds me of NARS albatross highlighter, really pretty. It gives that ethereal glow from within when applied on the high planes of your face. If you've never used a highlighter, I suggest more than anything you look into one, and vanilla pigment works so well, it's easy to apply and blend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 1:36:00 PM More reviews by meganmomoney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was my first Mac pigment and it is still the one I use the most often. Vanilla is a gorgeous ivory white color with a golden sheen. It is also very versatile. You can use it as an eyeshadow. You can use it as a highlighter on your cheekbones, brow bones, and inner eye corners. You could also put it on your lips over lipgloss or lipstick to add sparkle and shine. Vanilla pigment is so useful and I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 10:09:00 AM More reviews by smartiebooboo

This is an AMAZING product. It is a wonderful multitasking product I think everyone should have! I cant stress how wonderful and gorgeous it is. It could be used as a highlighter (brows and cheeks), inner corner brightener, mix with foundation/ moisturizer for a glow, eyeshadow, lipgloss, lighten other pigments/ blush or bronzer. It has soo many useful purposes.Definitely an HG product! Will definitely repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2009 1:21:00 PM More reviews by mschah18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use vanilla almost every day. It's the perfect highligher shadow. I use it as a highlighter on my face as well, and if I'm going out, on my body. I've mixed it and other pigments together in a clear gloss for custom colors, and I've even put it in my hair serums, it gives a great sheen to your hair. I've bought it a few times already and will continue to buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2009 3:10:00 PM More reviews by crunchiez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this during Mac's F&F sale, so I got a decent deal on it. When I first tried it on my eyes I thought it was hideous because it looked so gold on my skin. (I am an NC25). I thought that this was seriously overrated. Well I tried it again some weeks later. This time I packed the pigment on my eyelids a little bit more and blended, then I lined my eyes with UD's bourbon 24/7 liner... and my goodness! my brown eyes looked gorgeous :) ! lol.. I decided I love vanilla pigment. You can sheer it out and it makes a prefect highlighter for anywhere on your face or eyes. I also read on the boards that some girls mix a bit of vanilla pigment with hair serum so it leaves a lovely sheen on your hair, which I tried and I love it as well. This product is so versatile and thats even more of a reason why I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2009 2:56:00 PM More reviews by chickatthegym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my fav pigments. I love it as a highlight or over top of colored shadow to add a beautiful shimmer! It's just so versatile and a "must have" for anyone just starting out with pigments. I would def buy this again if I ever ran out... the jar is going to last me forever though!

BTW, be really careful if you are buying pigments on eBay! About 99% of them are FAKE and really crappy quality coming from overseas. Do your research before you buy!

That first picture of Vanilla on here (the one with the neon green background) is a fake pigment!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No