April 21, 2014 | 1398 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Pigment in Vanilla

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2009 1:21:00 PM More reviews by mschah18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use vanilla almost every day. It's the perfect highligher shadow. I use it as a highlighter on my face as well, and if I'm going out, on my body. I've mixed it and other pigments together in a clear gloss for custom colors, and I've even put it in my hair serums, it gives a great sheen to your hair. I've bought it a few times already and will continue to buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2009 3:10:00 PM More reviews by crunchiez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this during Mac's F&F sale, so I got a decent deal on it. When I first tried it on my eyes I thought it was hideous because it looked so gold on my skin. (I am an NC25). I thought that this was seriously overrated. Well I tried it again some weeks later. This time I packed the pigment on my eyelids a little bit more and blended, then I lined my eyes with UD's bourbon 24/7 liner... and my goodness! my brown eyes looked gorgeous :) ! lol.. I decided I love vanilla pigment. You can sheer it out and it makes a prefect highlighter for anywhere on your face or eyes. I also read on the boards that some girls mix a bit of vanilla pigment with hair serum so it leaves a lovely sheen on your hair, which I tried and I love it as well. This product is so versatile and thats even more of a reason why I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2009 2:56:00 PM More reviews by chickatthegym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my fav pigments. I love it as a highlight or over top of colored shadow to add a beautiful shimmer! It's just so versatile and a "must have" for anyone just starting out with pigments. I would def buy this again if I ever ran out... the jar is going to last me forever though!

BTW, be really careful if you are buying pigments on eBay! About 99% of them are FAKE and really crappy quality coming from overseas. Do your research before you buy!

That first picture of Vanilla on here (the one with the neon green background) is a fake pigment!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2009 5:25:00 AM More reviews by Hevz555

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this as a highlight and it's great on a night out. Will never have to re-purchase this as there is so much product in Mac pigment pots.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 1:17:00 AM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am so glad I picked this up at my last visit to the CCO. This has instantly become my favorite brow and inner corner (NW20 for reference) highlighter. It looks rather boring in the pot but once you put it on it's a pearly creamy/pink color that is amazingly beautiful. I like that its shimmery/glowy and not glittery. I love mixing this with my moisturizer because it gives a gorgeous lit-from-within look to my skin. I use so little of this every day that it will last for a lifetime. I do worry that I'll spill it everywhere because I am clumsy so I will probably put some into a smaller container. If I ever run out I will absolutely repurchase. This is an HG item for sure.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2009 2:28:00 AM More reviews by elfelettem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I love this in the jar. I love this on other people. I want to love it on me.

However, the yellow and sometimes pink duochrome shimmer effect of this when I'm wearing on my eyes is completely unflattering on me.

Without that duochrome I'd love this for a highlighter, but as it is its unwearable. However, from the reviews it seems what I hate about it is what other people love?

I guess either buy as sample or make sure you try it on before you purchase to see which faction you'll belong to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2009 2:26:00 AM More reviews by ChristmasMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First off, I doubt I will need more of this product any time in the next decade even though I use it 5 days a week as an inner corner highlighter. I love a touch of this on the inner corners and it helps me look alive - - yeah - - it is a risk- - some days I just don't look alive enough!

I hate the container. I have already spilled pigments more than once. I am thinking about putting a small amount in a little container for daily use so I won't risk spilling the whole vial. The things I have to do to counteract clumsiness!

Buy one and split it with a friend. There is plenty for both of you in here.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2009 2:30:00 PM More reviews by RhysRighteous

I just want to start of by saying that this product is amazing, it can be used in so many different ways and is so easy to work with. I purchased the pigment in Vanilla yesterday and have had a play around with it and i have literally fallen in love with it! i have tried other pigments, most memorably the Dazzle Dust collection by Barry M and there is such a huge difference in quality you wouldn't believe it... the MAC pigment was so easy to blend in and wouldn't streak at all on my skin, this is a problem i had with the Dazzle Dust, don't get me wrong, the Dazzle Dust is great for its price but i found it quite hard to blend without streaking on my cheekbones which is the area i like to highlight the most along with my brow bone. So yes... i HIGHLY recommend this for anyone looking for an amazing pigment :-) x

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by thatglowingangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There are no words to describe how much I love this pigment. This has become my daily inner corner and cheek highlighter because its just so pretty. Its really dimensional and reflective, and has a glowing effect. You won't get this finish with shimmery eyeshadows so its completely worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 8:02:00 PM More reviews by jennerss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I LOVE this pigment! It is my very first pigment. It is great as a lid color, highlight color, anything. It also has that subtle duochrome finish to it; sometimes you'll see yellow-ish shade, sometimes it'll become this white frostly shade, maybe a beige-y shade would shine out at times. It's just the most wonderful pigment I've ever purchased.