MAC Pigment in Vanilla

4.7

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I unfortunately didn't feel the love for this product. It just did not suit my skin whatsoever. I have fair skin with blue undertones & this just made me look sallow. It didn't give my eyes a pretty "highlighted" look, it just made it look like I brushed on a sheer gold shade. I can see this looking pretty on other skin tones but this just did not work on me at all.

This is the only pigment I can ever see myself using up. I am SO sad that they have changed the packaging for this, but luckily I managed to obtain a big one before the change...so when this runs out, I think I will buy a new one, and decant into the old container (because the new taller jars wont fit in my pigment drawer :'()

But yeah, perfect highlight colour. Gorgeous to mix with lipgloss...just the most versatile cosmetic item that I own!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Extremely versatile MAC pigment that is IMHO quite dupeable, but lovely and is fairly easy to obtain for small potatoes in a sampler jar. I like the silky consistency of this pigment, it goes on like silk and is super easy to blend and layer. It feels buttery. No fall out as there is no glitter, just an ivory white similar in color to cream that has golden pearlescent sheen.

This is quite lovely as a brow color or in the inner corners of the eye to brighten them. It can be added to blush or face powder to add a subtle glow and I have heard it can be used on the cheeks as a highlighter.

This is such as versatile color I will always want some around as a staple. I would purchase a full jar if I found one at a reasonable price (I hate paying full price). this is relatively easy to obtain from etailers in the sample jars so I will likely never have to do that, but I think it is lovely.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really want to like this product more but I just find it a pale gold rather than white as described by MAC.

I am a NC43 and this is quite opaque unless used very sparingly. I probably dont use this often as I tend to go towards more purples, silvers - cool tones.

Textures fantastic and container is naff as always
You get so much product for your money BUT MAC has now updated their containers (not sure if they contain sifters) but have reuced the amount you get from 7.5 gms to 4.5 gms and not even reduced the price - how mean!!!!

I will though be mixing this with either strobe or another cream texture product to use as a hightlighter and see how i go.

Will update when I get a chance.

Edit - two years on and ive disvovered this again. Although i dont reach for this everyday it looks quite good just on its own on the lid. I think the key for me is to use it sparingly and a fluffy brush so its a wash. Might try as a highlight and see how i go.
Have changed rating from 3 to a 4

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Such a beautiful color and so totally versatile. I honestly don't buy a lot of pigments, as I rarely have much use for them, but I definitely love this one a lot. Great product that I will definitely repurchase.

I seem to be the sole exception, I know, but I truly find this pigment horrible and regret the money spent on it. I bought it because of all the good reviews. In my view the shade looks trashy - much too much glimmer and the colour is a screaming mixture of gold and white. If you want to masquerade as Christmas angel this would be suitable. A highlighter is meant to enhance subtly - I dont`t like people to notice from a distance that I am made up.
The only good thing I can say about vanilla is that the texture is superb as with all MAC pigments.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This has to be the most versatile pigment that is out. You can use it for so much. Highlighter for cheekbones, Brow highlight. You can mix it in your foundation and moisturizer. Etc. Its a great buy.

love this! its a great highlight colour, been using this every day since i got it:) lasts for EVER too

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

A must-have! Versatile, long-lasting, good color, suits most skin tones... I have no complaint at all! :)

I only use Vanilla pigment as a highlight, so I can't comment on how it wears as an eyeshadow, but I absolutely adore it. It kind of reminds me of NARS albatross highlighter, really pretty. It gives that ethereal glow from within when applied on the high planes of your face. If you've never used a highlighter, I suggest more than anything you look into one, and vanilla pigment works so well, it's easy to apply and blend!

Top Rated MAC Products