September 16, 2014 | 2114 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by counting1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to use foaming cleansers but wanted a change so I picked this up. The first time I used it I noticed break outs so I pushed this to the back of my cabinet, and vwent back to my regular foaming cleanser. Fast worward a couple of weeks and I run out of cleanser so I gave this one another try and surprise! My skin looks smoother, no break outs, my pores look smaller, reduced blackheads... I really like the tingling feeling it gives too. Perhaps those past breakouts where just a coincidence? I will continue to use this as long as it continues to do what it does.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2010 9:13:00 AM More reviews by simei89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good cleanser but probably not one of my favourite from Neutrogena. Needless to say, this is definitely a cream cleanser - it has a smooth and cream-like texture and after you use it, it leaves you feeling somewhat glowy. What i like about this product is that during application, you feel like your skin is tingly - i.e. having a minty face wash - this makes your skin feel really clean. However, the downside for me is that it is a little oily for me - I do have oily skin after all and so, i usually don't put on face cream after i use this - which isn't the best choice during winter.

Nevertheless, recommended product!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by trogdora

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This product pretty much does what the packaging claims to do-- it cleans and exfoliates your face and leaves your skin feeling fresh. Overall, it's a decent cleanser.

I would NOT recommend it to anyone looking for a solution to an acne problems -- it doesn't really get rid of acne, nor does it claim to, though the label seems to imply it prevents acne (and I'm not sure I agree with that). Some people say it makes them break out, too.

I also might advise people with sensitive skin to stay away, because if I leave it on for more than a few seconds, it starts to burn a little, so it might irritate your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2010 10:49:00 PM More reviews by srmeillier

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awesome product. Feels great and doesn't strip my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Jackie7354

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about a month and I really enjoy it. I previously used only foaming gel cleansers and was not crazy with how my skin was. My skin always felt a little dry and never looked as good as I know it could be. I decided to make a dramatic switch to a non-foaming, cream cleanser. This definetly has improved the overall appearance of my skin; for the first time ever I would describe it as "glowy". Although I battle the occasional breakout, I feel this product does not cause them. When I use this product my skin feels cleansed and refreshed. I personally enjoy the minty feeling (especially after a long day, or early in the morning). Although it does not remove all my makeup, I use the neutrogena alcohol free toner at night and that does the trick!

edit: It's like that saying "you don't know what you've got, until it's gone". I stopped using this for about two months, and I started resorting back to the "I don't love my skin" mentality. After switching back to this product, I am once again loving my skin. I love it so much, I've cut back on foundation use. This is my HG cleanser. I will never stray again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2010 2:44:00 AM More reviews by karmun1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is probably the best cleanser from Neutrogena if you want a gentle daily cleanser. Not drying, absolutely love the refreshing feel after you wash it off. Leaves my skin smoother and clearer after using it for a couple of weeks. I think i'm on my fourth one now already, and not a pimple in sight :D Doesn't rip off all the moisture, which i really appreciate because your skin isn't supposed to feel tight after cleansing.

One comment though. It isn't an effective makeup remover. And I don't think it is meant to be one. But that's not too big of a problem for me as a use toner to clean off any excess makeup etc.

Bottom line, if you have very oily skin and are very used to foaming cleansers which give you that tight feel, this is not for you. But if you have say normal to combi skin, perfect. Even better for people with dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2010 5:26:00 AM More reviews by naughtybutnice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

so i have been using this for about two and a half weeks and so far no break outs or bad reactions :)
i have dry combo sensitive skin and i have a love for foaming cleansers but i know they dry me out so i had to switch to a more gentle cream cleanser - i've always been a fan of neutrogena products so i decided to go with this cream cleanser, and it's oil free

the product:
-slight fragrance, quite pleasant, not too overwhelming
-smooth creamy consistency
-no foaming

cons:
-don't like the tingly menthol, but it's tolerable
-doesn't foam :(
-didn't improve nor exacerbate my blackheads

pros:
-no tight feeling after washing
-very gentle
-oil free
-cleared my whitehead break outs on the forehead :D

overall i would repurchase this product, i think it might even be my HG but i'm still a little doubtful because i'm always looking for "the next best cleanser"

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 7:57:00 AM More reviews by misskito

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know what I would do if this was ever discontinued.. keeps me from breaking out, and some more, it freshens my actual complexion & makes my skin look so clear.

I am acne prone and also get dull skin, but this product really does fix all that!

HG cleanser IMO. AND its cheap!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2010 5:32:00 PM More reviews by ana_bela

I use a generic-brand Neutrogena s/a wash twice a day, so I figured I'd love this one too - no way. My skin can't tolerate menthol in any amount, and gets super-irritated and bumpy when I use this wash.
I haven't heard many people talk about problems with menthol, but if you keep breaking out despite cleansing, do check if it's in your face stuff - lots of brands are doing this now to create a tingly sensation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2010 3:23:00 PM More reviews by hdh41795

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for about a month now, and I really love it! I have dry skin and since this is a cream it doesn't dry my skin out like foam cleansers do. I gets all of my makeup off. I've noticed that this stuff cleans so good that I don't even have to put my toner on every night and I wont break out! If you have dry skin you should try this!