April 19, 2014 | 1661 users online

Liquid - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2012 4:27:00 AM More reviews by goldieb19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just some quick background info to get started: I began suffering from terrible acne in the 9th grade, so for my entire four years of high school, I never wore any face makeup whatsoever out of fear that it would only make my skin condition worse. Luckily, by the end of my freshman year in college, my skin had improved drastically. I got a few break outs here and there, but they were those annoying small red bumps caused by hormones, rather than actual pimples. However, even though I was no longer getting serious breakouts, four years of my entire face being covered in zits and my own bad habit of picking at those zits left me with pretty bad scarring. I was so tired of seeing other girls with flawless complexions and then having to look in the mirror at my scarred face, so I decided to bite the bullet and purchase my first bottle of foundation. I went in search of something that had medium coverage and would be gentle on my acne prone skin, and the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid makeup seemed like my best bet. Oh. My. God. Worst $12 I've ever spent in my life. For one, though the coverage was decent, the staying power was nonexistent, and I was a shiny mess within 4 hours--even with a setting powder. Also, within two weeks of usage, I started breaking out in huge red pimples along my jawline and got a few cystic acne bumps on my cheeks. I stopped using my CoverGirl setting powder, hoping that it was the culprit because it had been much cheaper. Unfortunately, even a couple of months later, I was still breaking out from the foundation. I made myself use at least half of the bottle, and then I gave the rest away. Come to find out that this product contains sorbic acid, a preservative that is considered to be a skin irritant according to the Cosmetics Database. Healthy skin. A potentially harmful preservative. Really, Neutrogena?

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by juliacouture

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have a very neutral relationship with this foundation. When I forget to put on primer I'm the morning, the foundation melts into my skin in less than an hour. It also tends to break me out randomly, and I never break out. I've tried lots of other foundations and this is honestly not my favorite. It's also fairly expensive for a drugstore product. I'm also scared I'm going to drop the bottle and its going to get everywhere. So I don't recommend this foundation at all. This is not Neutrogena's best.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by lole_34

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been hunting for a good medium dewy finish makeup for every day. I honestly prefer Armani luminous silk but its to pricy to wear every day. This is a good foundation for the price. Its moisturizing , decent coverage and cheap. However it can be difficult for me to blend and can look a little splotchy around the cheeks. It has decent wear when set with a powder and powder does not kill the natural finish of the product. I will definitely be repurchasing but it is not a HG product for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by terrortwigg

This foundation really looks like second skin! Neutrogena foundations, in my experience, have this strange ability to just cover imperfections without making you look like you're wearing a mask. Coverage is medium, and can be easily sheered out. Your skin really shows through, but it's like the skin you wish you had! Wear time is of this is pretty average (improved with powder and primer) and the finish is satin-y dewy, very natural. I really hope this comes to Canada soon!! I live quite close to the border, and have actually planned a trip to the states before just to pick up a second bottle when mine ran out. Looooove it.

I own both this and NARS sheer glow, and honestly I don't see the dupe. Maybe because the colours I use are so different, but I prefer this to Sheer Glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by TheSarahMaire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

THIS FOUNDATION IS THE BOMB DIGITY! Haha but seriously its so hard finding a yellow based foundation at the drugstores so I've always gone to the higher end foundations and the prices just started to add up. Plus most of the foundations weren't even that great so I did some research and came across this. It doesn't have very many good review on here but I LOVE it. Great coverage, almost perfect Color, and it feel great on the skin. BUY IT :D

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by kbeez

I purchased this because i read a lot of reviews that said it was great for oily skin. it was horrible! Even with a good primer this foundation was absolutely terrible for oily skin. it was very shiney and greasy when you put it on and it never set or dried, it stayed shiney and made my face oily right away even with powder over it and it only gets worse through out the day. it wouldnt even last three hours. i didn't expect much from a drugstore foundation but this was by far the worst foundation i have ever tried. I'm going to stick to MAC. This might be a good foundation for people with dry skin i'd assume, but if you have oily skin i suggest you do not try this.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Ua97

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Firstly, let me say that i LOVE Neurogena products. The are my FAVORITE products to use. However, I do NOT like this product. While I respect that some people believe that this is a good foundation, I really HATE it. The only reason I gave two lippies is because the bottle is somewhat nice looking-ish. So, I've loved the shine control and skin clearing makeups, and while at the drugstore, I decided to pick this one up, in nude. It's my usual color, but NOT in this one. I had to go two or three other times to pick up a few more bottles in the darker colors.. still they didnt work! I now have alot of bottles that I have no plans on using and Ive wasted alot of money :( After a few days of trying them, its become cakey later in the day, it looks unnatural, and it feels HEAVY and its awfully similar to skin colored paint.. I DO indeed recommend the SkinClearing and Shine Control makeups, but I warn oily skinned individuals (even combination and normal skinned people) to steer clear of this makeup!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2012 4:25:00 PM More reviews by missxcow

I love this foundation. It's not too thick, glides on, and blends easily. The only thing I don't like about it was the dewy finish and the packaging. With this foundation, powder is a must. As for the packaging,. it would be nice if it came with a pump. I always end up pouring too much and wasting it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by FussyFuzz

I can't believe my go to foundation is inexpensive and in the local drugstore but hey, it outperforms the designer brands simply because I don't break out. As my skin is aging unfortunately, it does seem to moisturize it without giving me a greased up feeling. Dewy is nice but in summer months, I touch it up with a neutrogena powder and it performs fine.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by katprincess929

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was the first foundation i ever used. The shade matched pretty well (ivory), since i'm VERY pale. The coverage is good, but it doesn't blend! It just sits on top of the skin, hanging out until it gets brushed up against something that wipes it off. It's all melted off my face by the end of the day.

I would also get lines from where my sunglasses were or smears from touching my face.

Maybe if you had dry skin (or didn't sweat alot), and didn't need much coverage, this would be a nice foundation.