April 16, 2014 | 1822 users online

Styling Products - L'Oreal - Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2005 2:38:00 PM More reviews by CRYSTAr

This makes my thick wavy hair feel soooo soft and silky..and thats saying a lot. I honestly dislike putting ANY product on my hair because it makes me feel like my hair is dirty but this is the only product that i've used and really love. I don't know if it helps with frizz because I use it after I flatiron my hair but its great for flyaways. It makes my hair smell good too. You only need 2-3 pumps of this at the most and you work it from the ends of your hair to the top or else you'd have greasy looking roots. You get 100ml so it lasts quite a while. I got this from my cousin so I dont know how much this retails for but when i run out i'm going to get me another bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2005 7:45:00 PM More reviews by PlumeRider

Works really well at controlling frizz when air drying my hair; doesn't work as well when I blow dry it for some reason.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2005 10:33:00 AM More reviews by jm1875

Meh . . . I guess I'm the lone dissenter here, but I really haven't been all that impressed with this stuff. I was so excited when I first bought it -- the reviews were great and the product had a nice slip to it when I put some in my hand. I thought, "Wow, maybe this stuff really is going to be the answer to my frizz issues." Then, I blowdried my hair. OMG -- I would have been better off not using anything at all! I've been using products (including just about ever anti-frizz serum/concoction out there) forEVER and know how much to apply and where to apply it. But, for some reason, this stuff just made my hair look awful. It was dry, dry, dry and stuck out in wierd places like straw. I was shocked! It even made my ordinarily shiny dark brown hair look like dried mud. I hated it and proceeded to wash my hair again just to get the stuff out! I guess it's back to my silk groom and Redken glass combo. It's too bad because I was looking for a cheaper way to get my hair smooth and less frizzy. In the interest of fairness, I should say that I live in south florida (hot, humid and rainy) and I have lots of fine, semi-curly hair. So, I think my hair poses a challenge to most products and, if you live somewhere less humid and/or have more cooperative hair, this product may be great for you. It has been for everyone else, it seems, so take this review with a grain of salt.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2005 2:13:00 PM More reviews by labellavita

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

This is my HG anti-frizzer! When I get out of the shower and my hair dries, it is flyaway-city. I pump a tiny bit of this stuff onto my hands using the awesome pump-thing packaging and apply it through my hair (NOT THE ROOTS! you will look greasy!) and wa-la! Perfectly shiny no-flyaway hair! The packaging is great, with a pump and a lock so it doesn't leak. I've had this for like 2 years (the same product, I haven't reperchased yet) and it's still going strong. You get a lot of the product in this packaging since you only need to use a tiny tiny bit. The smell isn't great but it isn't bad in my opinion, and everyone says my hair smells good so I dont know if it's this stuff or my shampoo/conditioner. You won't be dissapointed with this! xx

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2005 9:24:00 AM More reviews by lizzielou742

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hmm, let's see...cheap, works great, available at drugstore...I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2005 3:16:00 PM More reviews by cheral

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is a really good product but I have thin hair and it was kind of too much for it like it made it greasy and weighed down. I think this is much better for thicker hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2005 10:02:00 PM More reviews by nico1000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was looking for a hair straightener to replace my Nioxin one and i decided to give this a try based on the reviews on MUA. I thought it would only tame the frizzies but it actually did a great job in straightening my hair, better than everything i've used so far! It makes my hair extremely soft, manageable, shiny, and i also love the smell.
Very good product, i will repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2005 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Mamta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just bought this product after reading all the rave reviews and comparisons to Kerastase Oleo Relax Serum. Mind you, I have been a die hard Kerastase fan since I discovered the brand last year and have loved my Oleo Relax Serum since I found it. This product is only OKAY to me - I think for someone w/ thicker hair, this product would work great on them. For my fine, straight/wavy hair, this product was too heavy and left it weighed down and not lightweight like my Kerastase does. All of this might be psychological bc of my loyalty to Kerastase - but I honestly think ebaying Kerastase Oleo Relax Serum for $20 for a bottle that will last you 3-4months is totally worth it for the results. But like I said it is not a terrible replacement for the Kerastase esp if you are in college and have no funds!! But as soon as you get a job, please upgrade to Kerastase!! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2005 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Sachab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a sworn by Kerastase Olea Relax serum girl..it is my savior. It smooths my naturally coarse, wavy hair, whethet I want it styled a bit fuller, or prepping it for a straightening iron. However, while I do LOVE Kerastase, since I use it EVERY DAY, I do not love the $$. Recently I moved to CA, and altbough I find it odd, Longs Drugstore carries Kerastase (with an even higher markup than salons) BUT on a whim, I decided to compare the ingredients in Oleo Relax serum to the Loreal Vive Smoothing Serum. I know that Loreal now owns Kerastase, and I have to say, the top ingrediants are the same, and the difference was the source of oils. The packaging is remarkablly similar, and the true test, was the consistency or viscosity of the Loreal Vive is the same as the Olea Relax (that is what I have always hated about any other serum on teh market..they are always thick and goopy) So, for the whopping price of $3.99 at Longs Drug, I decided to try the Vive Smoothing, and did 1/2 my hair with it, 1/2 my hair with my tried and true Kerastase Olea Relax. No difference. Really. The pump works the same, the product feels the same, slightly different smell but still along the sunflower line, and both had the same results..smoother hair

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2005 12:22:00 PM More reviews by jednak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this serum based on the reviews I've read on MUA, and I LOVE it! I had been using Frizz-Ease for fine hair, but this stuff is much better. I have hair about 2 inches past my shoulders, and I put two pumps on, avoiding my roots. It makes my hair soft, silky, and straight with no frizzies, even in the humid Texas weather. Great product!