MAC Bronzer in Golden

4.2

I am a bronzer addict! I have about 15 of them and I am always in search of the HG bronzer! This is it! I have used Bobbi Brown in Light, Too Faced Chocolate Soleil, Nars Laguna, Physicians Formula (All kinds), Christian Dior's spray bronzer (pricey), Bare Minerals, etc. This bronzer and the Chocolate Soleil are about the only ones I have ever received a complement on. The Chocolate Soleil is pretty for a deep matte bronze and smells divine, but this is the only bronzer that my boyfriend even noticed gave me a GLOW! He never says things like that about my makeup! Great product! I am a NW25 for reference/Laura Mercier Nude.

on 8/24/2009 5:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking for a brown blush/contour colour for my fair skin( nc15) and the MA suggested this. The way she put it on my skin at the counter it looked too harsh and made my cheeks stand out too much, but while doing it at home myself, I can make it look subtle, natural and beautiful. I love this product. Great for summer since it has a tiny bit of glitter in it.

on 8/11/2009 10:36:00 PM

I absolutely adore this bronzer. I don't walk out of my house without contouring my face with this bronzer. Although it has specks of glitter in the pan, you don't see it on your face. Probably someone with an EXTREMELY heavy hand would be able to apply it enough to see the glitter, but trust me, you won't notice it very much. I have pretty light skin, and this bronzer didn't make me orange in anyway. I simply love it.

on 7/23/2009 12:26:00 AM

Golden gives a pop of color on your cheeks! I usually don't like shimmer in ANYTHING, but the shimmer in Golden is so subtle and pretty that I really rather have it in it. You can use it has a contour, but I use it as a blush since it has shimmer. A contour is supposed to be a matte finish since it's giving a shadow effect, and shadows aren't shimmery. Which is why I use it as a beautiful blush. Try it, if you like it as much as I do, buy it! :)

on 7/13/2009 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

My favorite bronzer! I love things with shimmer because I'm a teenager, and hey, I don't know many teenagers who don't! This product had just the right amount of shimmer without making your skin look like that of a Vegas showgirl's costume like I've experienced with other bronzers that contained shimmer. I find this bronzer great for bronzing your entire face or using it to contour your face. I don't think someone could go wrong with this product, I recommend it very much!

on 7/12/2009 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

love this bronzer, gives me the perfect amount of extra color without looking fake or muddy. im nc35 and i think it looks amazing.
the shimmer is actually quite subtle so it's usable for contouring as well.

i'll repurchase of course

on 7/10/2009 3:55:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I usually wear MAC's Refined Golden Bronzer. But this time at the MAC counter, I wanted to try something different. I must admit, I am guilty of over bronzing my face. Bronzer and Blush are my favorite things in the world, so I tend to go overboard. The lady at MAC told me to try Golden, because you can be more free with the brush because it is more sheer than Refined Golden. So I figured, I'd wear this for a more natural bronzer. This is definately a NATURAL bronzer. lol I couldn't even tell I was wearing a bronzer. What I don't like about it mainly is the color. It looks like a nice golden brown, but when you apply it, it goes on very orangy. It doesn't go on brown like Refined Golden. When I apply it to my face, it seems to blend in with my face color. My skin tone is NC35-40. I think for a lighter skinned gal, this would work wonderfully. I've tried it on my friend, who is a NC25-30 and it looked very pretty on her. But sadly, it didn't work that well for me. I'm going to stick to Refined Golden.

on 7/8/2009 2:20:00 AM

At the MAC counter, I asked for a subtle bronzer and I was given this product. It's not too glittery but it has little flecks of golden sparkles. It's great for my olive undertones, and I get compliments on my skin whenever I have it on. At the end of the day, it kind of melts in my skin and has this glow. I absolutely love it.

on 7/5/2009 10:42:00 AM

Ok guys. I have bought this product twice in my life and this is my final conclusion.

1. WAY too shimmery. I prefer a more natural looking bronzer, however it looks very artificial during the day if it is sunny, and if your hugging people, they end up with sparkles on their faces....

2. This product doesnt last very long on the skin.

HOWEVER

The colour is perfect for my skin. I only end up wearing it at night time when I go out to give my face that bronzed sparkle. But I dont use it for every day use.

on 5/31/2009 4:29:00 PM

The first bronzer I really LOVE! I am pale and this gives me exactly the right amount of colour I need. Not dark, not too shimmery, just bronze enough to make me look 'healthier". I will keep buying it every time I run out.

Popular Bronzers