Ponds Dry Skin Cream

3.7

Water , Mineral Oil , Isopropyl Palmitate , Petrolatum , Glycerin , Stearic Acid , Ceresin , Glyceryl Stearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Sorbitan Oleate , Candelilla Wax , Triethanolamine , Laureth-23 , Fragrance , Carbomer , Disodiium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Methylparaben , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My skin is oily, but still use this:

At night on my neck and chest because I can't find a cream that I like.

On my face after getting out of the pool because the chlorine dries me out.

Before skiing to protect my face from the cold.

On my face and body after going out on the boat or being on the beach and in the ocean. My skin gets tight from the wind, salt water, sun exposure, and sunscreen.

One my knees, feet, and elbows when they feel extra dry.

On my face at night after partying just a little too hard. I remove my makeup with the original cold cream, wipe with a hot towel, and rub some of this into my face before putting on my eye mask and hitting the sack.

The smell is inoffensive and it sinks in very quickly with no oily residue. I don't use it around my eyes because I wear contacts and I'm scared of anything near them.

on 2/14/2013 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

As the reviewer below me stated: This is an emergency face cream. It's not something that I like to or suggest using on a daily basis. However, to cure dry/dehydrated skin, you really can't beat this.

This is NOT, I repeat, NOT, a product for those with oily skin or are breakout prone. It feels very heavy/greasy, and doesn't contain the best ingredients (petroleum being one of them). I am normally oily skinned, but decided to buy this because the harsh Canadian winter left me with dry patches on my cheeks and chin. After using this product for only a few days, they have cleared up completely.

I don't suggest using this under makeup (it's heavy and takes a long time to sink in). Apply this thickly at night before bed and you will wake up with baby smooth skin that your makeup will just GLIDE onto. BTW- For extra hydration, try doing a mask with Ponds Cold Cream (green cap) once a week. it works like a charm.

This is a very basic moisturizer. It contains no miracle ingredients, no SPF, no anti-aging benefits. It's nothing more or less than a great moisturizer for dehydrated/dry skin. For what it claims to be (and for the price/quantity ratio), this is excellent.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This is my emergency face cream. I find it is SOOO super greasy and makes my skin feel slimy and gross. It does moisturize well, but I'm not fond of the greasy skin that comes with it. Also, to moisturize well, I have to PILE it on. Not very impressed. I only use it when I have to, and will be trying Nivea soft instead of this.

LET ME JUST SAY THIS STUFF IS A LIFE SAVER!
Okay, so my skin is a very wierd. It drys out so bad around my mouth and nose area during winters and absolutely no moisturizer can help it in any way .. until I bought this. This provides max hydration for your skin and Im pretty sure it works amazing as a night cream too, delivering all the moisture back. Not to mention its an amazing hand cream because of how smooth it is!
However, yeah it does have mineral oil, which breaks out some skin types, not mine though so this is love love love <3 Only thing I hate is the container, cause I have had it for a year and Im only halfway through but its probably gross with all the bacteria.
Would I repurchase? YES YES YES! LIFETIME CONSUMER! Check out my reviews on other skin care products and let me know if this review was helpful or not ;D

on 2/8/2013 8:42:00 PM

I heard many great things about this product. Infact some of my friends use it. So I was looking forward to trying it. I have really dry skin and I needed a good facial lotion. I paid $10 for the larger sized container. This lotion was way too greasy for me. No matter how little I used on my face it was still greasy. I also really didn't like the smell or texture. It was too thick and the lotion just laid on top of my skin. I would use this at night, only to wake up in the morning to dry skin again. I will not repurchase.

on 1/29/2013 4:40:00 PM

I've been using this product for years. This was my first moisturizer before I even knew what they were and have always come back to this after trying a couple of others. Now saying this, I've long since gotten used to having it take a while to be absorbed that I don't even notice that it does take like 10-20 minutes for my skin. So be warned if you have a slight greasy feeling afterwards. I have dry skin and this thing works wonders on me. Really, this is best for dry skin as it is thick and creamy. Not recommended for oily skin.

on 1/27/2013 3:59:00 PM

This moisturizer is amazing! I don't use it for my face, rather for my legs after shaving. It works wonders. It makes my legs super soft and shiny without being greasy like a lot of lotions. It soaks in right away, but doesn't dry up. It also soothes any irritation from shaving and calms down the redness after a hot shower. I love it!

on 1/14/2013 9:29:00 PM

This product was not for me. I have combination skin, mainly dry but do get shiny as the day goes. This cream gave me huge pimples! I stopped using it and wasnt sure if this was causing the pimples so i gave it another try. Sure enough, the pimples came back so i know for sure, that this was the cause. It was also really greasy so i put it on at night, but once the morning came i still felt greasy

on 1/13/2013 1:38:00 PM

I have dry skin especially in the Winter and this product is fabulous- it's thick and creamy and hydrates really well. My absolute favourite, I'll be using this from now on.

on 1/5/2013 12:34:00 AM

I don't care for this product as a daily moisturizer. I find it takes too long to sink into my skin and stop looking greasy. It does work well as an "emergency" moisturizer though - like to rescue any areas that have become super dry. I kind of OD'ed on acne treatments, and that + a few very cold, windy days in winter made some parts of my skin extremely dry, so much so that it was painful. Using this every morning and night brought everything back to normal condition within 2 days, but I ended up with some breaking out in the places I had put it where I don't normally have acne.

Since it's so inexpensive, I don't mind having bought it to just use in dryness emergencies. It is also probably good for dealing with raw noses from having a cold, especially because the cream felt cooling and soothing on my irritated skin. I probably wouldn't purchase this again just because other moisturizers work better for me, but I'll use it occasionally.