July 31, 2014 | 1033 users online

Moisturizers - Ponds - Dry Skin Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by itsAmybby

I got this at Walmart for 2 bucks! what a steal, right? It's an excellent moisturizer. However, I do not like how it has mineral oil in it. The fragrance is a bit strong but bareable. Some may dislike it but it wears off during the day. I usually mix this with my bb cream and it works wonders! usually when i wear bb cream on my bare skin, it tends to get too dry.
Do not apply it before your foundation/bb cream, it will make your foundation/bb cream slip and slide around your face. Not cute!
Overall, great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Starflower12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My skin is red bumpy and splotchy. I bought a tub at target for about 5 bucks. You really only need a fingers dunk worth? A lot goes a long way. When i used it it felt so oily! I could have sworn my face was wet with oil. i used this overnight. But in the morning it felt smooth! My redness deceased and my skin was noticeably softer! Just wash your face to get rid of the excess oils and shine.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by HelloTrini

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It does feel greasy when you apply it. Doesn't break me out. Really does hydrate your skin, but you can definitely feel that something is on your face.. Skin is left feeling very smooth though after a few hours, so it's not bad! I got it for about $4 for the medium container at Target (on sale). If you have oily skin, I would NOT recommend this. Lol! Only if your skin is definitely DEFINITELY dry! It's perfect for the winter when your skin tends to more dry than usual. It also smells sooooooooooo good! I love love love the scent! Smells fresh and clean! It sits fine under makeup, so if your foundation is dry on your skin a little, I'm sure this will do the trick.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2012 1:38:00 PM More reviews by jill9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My mom suggested I try Pond's Dry Skin Cream. She remembers the famous commercial from years ago: "She's lovely, she's engaged, she uses Pond's."! I was looking for something to wear under foundation that worked and was not heavy or greasy. I love this! The cream hydrates my face in the winter under my Laura Geller or BE foundation, and also works in the summer months. It also doubles as a body cream, and serves as a hand cream as well. I also followed the advice of an MUA member whose father is in the theater and has used Pond's Cold Cream to remove his makeup for years. She said his face is smooth with no wrinkles or lines. I wish it had SPF, but my foundation already has SPF. GREAT product!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was looking for something "cheap and cheerful" to use on the skin of my neck in winter-time and this fit the bill. I don't think I'd use it on my face (I'm a bit more particular about the skin on my face) but I'm far less fussy about things I put on my throat. This is reasonably moisturizing (though not as much as I thought it would be) and the price is hard to beat, especially when you stack it up beside "cremes pour le cou et le decolletage" from Dior, Clarins, etc. And for my money, those creams really don't do anything more than this one does!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Nicole1021

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is great for dry skin and the price is right! Love the smell too. All in all a good, reliable product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by mspersia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My Skin:
I have an acne-prone skin. My skin used to be oily, but ever since I started using different acne medications my skin had become dryer. In the winter it's very dry even in the T-Zone area.

The Product:
When II first applied this product on my face the creme was so thick and creamy that I thought it's going to make my face look oily and super oily if I use a liquid foundation. But that wasn't the case, the creme dry itself out in like 20-30 seconds and it makes my skin feel very soft. Other facial lotion would make my skin feel soft for awhile then my skin will get dry again especially in the cheek area, making my foundation looks cakey. But with this product my skin is moisturize for few hours ( I wouldn't say more than 12 hrs), so it goes perfect with my liquid/powder foundation. I've used this product for a month and I would definitely repurchase this product, especially when winter comes!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by lauran333

OMG i love this. i have well over 20 moisturisers from cetaphil that people love (but i hate) to brands like nuetorgena and i have used none as long as this one. funny how my ponds is the cheapest yet the best out of them all. it moisturises your skin very well and abrorbs very quickly. i never used to put on moistuiriser in the morning cause when i wake up i can still feel the moisturiser from the night before but with ponds i can put it on in the morning no problem, no greasy feeling, no dry skin nothing. i have very sensative skin and although this is scented it does no damage. all you need is a pea size of this rub it in your finger tips and apply, a little goes a long way. if its not enough putting more on will do no harm.
cons:
very moisturising
suitable for dry/sensative skin
cheap
not greasy
hypoallergenic
long lasting
cons:
it may be a bit unhygenic cause its in a pot not a tube/pump but idc i love it
its frangranced so yer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by kbenard

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go to moisturizer. I have very dry skin and I use this whenever I wash my face. It can be a little greasy so you don't need much. Ifve tried more expensive moisturizers in the past but nothing has worked better than this.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by teriyakirose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

Really moisturized my skin and gave me a dewy glow when I used it at night..... BUT gave me a nasty reaction in the form of around 4 painful cystic pimples :( - Returned to the store and will not buy again. If you have acne-prone skin do not buy this!!!